PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy Trails suggestions

Mustangous
10-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I am planning a traip to Hatfield McCoy trails in November with a bunch of buddies. Some of them dont have an atv so they are looking to rent while out there...

some may stay a week and others just a few days so there is no way we will be able to hit a quarter of these trails. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what area we should try? After I figure out what area i will have to find a decent cabin to stay at. So suggestions on that appreciatted too. I also have to keep in mind some will have to rent atvs. We are looking for some good trail riding, most will have 2 wheel drive (400ex) and a polaris rzr so mud bogs are not really our thing.

I looked at their website, but i am looking for suggestions from who has been there and what they recommend.

Any suggestions Much appreciated!

squadie
10-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Can't go wrong with Bear Wallow and Pinnacle Creek. Rockhouse would probably be third choice, but it is wet on the Man side, rocky in other sections. But it has lots of good trail in between. Indian Ridge is good -- but it's a bit further away from us up north. They rent quads in Pineville for one. That's where Pinnacle Creek is; Indian Ridge would be second closest to Pineville I would guess.

We stay in Man. Rockhouse is right there; Bear Wallow within 30 minutes; Pinnacle creek within an hour. You will love it.

Mustangous
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by squadie
Can't go wrong with Bear Wallow and Pinnacle Creek. Rockhouse would probably be third choice, but it is wet on the Man side, rocky in other sections. But it has lots of good trail in between. Indian Ridge is good -- but it's a bit further away from us up north. They rent quads in Pineville for one. That's where Pinnacle Creek is; Indian Ridge would be second closest to Pineville I would guess.

We stay in Man. Rockhouse is right there; Bear Wallow within 30 minutes; Pinnacle creek within an hour. You will love it.
Man i am confused with where to go. hahaha... Still looking.

Mustangous
10-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Anyone heard anything about Happy Trails Cabins? Its in the Pinnacle Creek Area so was thinking about them....

Mustangous
10-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I am thinking that i am going to Pinnacle Trails first and lodging at Happy Trails Cabins. Ride for 2 day and head off to Rock House Trail. We will probably stay at Browning Fork Trails house. Ride here to 2 days and head home...

hack
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
speaking of hatfield trails, i'm going next weekend with a few friends.

they dont have a track do they? i've been trying for the last month to goto haspin acres for their track but its been rained out.

chuckles
11-18-2009, 07:09 PM
You guys still making the trip to HM this november? If so its my home trail system and i am always looking for some guys to ride with.

Mustangous
11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Actually we were there the 6, 7, 8, and 9th. we had a great time. We did pinnacle for 2 days and rock house for the other 2...