PDA

View Full Version : Finally a real sport begins

matt14c
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Opening night of NHL. So now Sportscenter will only talk about the NFL for 59 minutes!

LTandRaptorider
10-01-2009, 06:35 PM
But tomorrow is opening night for the "real" team! :eek: :blah: :devil:

GO PENS! :D

matt14c
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
But tomorrow is opening night for the "real" team! :eek: :blah: :devil:

Pens are OK in my book they shut the dirty mouths off all the terrible dead wing fans in my area!

Quad18star
10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Its been a long summer. Go Oilers Go!!!!

ridered11
10-01-2009, 08:18 PM
CAPS 1-0

jcv400ex
10-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Atleast football players have facemasks.....

10-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Atleast football players have facemasks.....

because they are sissies...hockey players play with broken ankles...football players sit when they get a bruise

reconmaster
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Go wings go!! Like don cherry says you gotta be tough to be a hockey player

S.A.J
10-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Im partial to football but i must admit its quite nice to watch some hockey too,plus i should like it,lol i used to live in canada and my uncles a NHL agent so i almost feel obligated :)

Oh and speedyquad that unfortunatly is very close to being true lol...

matt14c
10-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Anyone catch the super Joe ceremony? It was only on Altitude so I had to watch it on NHL.com. There will never be another like him. Its going to be a rough few years for the avs thats for sure before they fill that void. I think he definitly had a little something to do with the win last night.

matt14c
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
So far so good for me. Avs are 2-0 and the Dead Wings are 0-2! Watched the caps game tonight and man Ovechkin is a beast. That whole team looks good. Very quick. Is that goalie get his mind right and some help fromt he D that team will be very dangerous.

matt14c
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
So far so good for me. Avs are 2-0 and the Dead Wings are 0-2! Watched the caps game tonight and man Ovechkin is a beast. That whole team looks good. Very quick. Is that goalie get his mind right and some help fromt he D that team will be very dangerous.

10-04-2009, 08:42 AM
ovetchkin is an egotistical puck hog...that plays dirty...saw his one hit from last nights game and it was very close to being boarding...i would have liked to see a little more than what the highlight on NHL network showed though before i would make the call...

i love the fact that the red wings are losing...seems like their dynasty may have come to an end...

yesterday was a good day, all the teams played in a 15 hour stretch, one O.T. win, and 2 shootouts...a few good fights and some amazing goals scored...

martin st lois had a rocket of a shot to score, tavarres, the number one pick , getting his first point with an assist and his first goal...

and to think most people will waste today waiting 44 seconds for 10 seconds of action with the "STAR"(Qb) not allowed to be hit...

Jigsaw
10-04-2009, 08:59 AM
What a good Pens Vs Isles game last night! I love hockey!

bansheeboy321
10-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad

i love the fact that the red wings are losing...seems like their dynasty may have come to an end...

wings lost a couple games and people think the dynasty is over?? lol... last year they lost 7-8 games in a row and still made it to game 7 of the finals. The red wings are not the team that they used to be, but still top 5. Wings get to at least 3rd round this year.

Tommy Warren
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Go SENS and screw the Toronto Make believes!!!

flammable
10-05-2009, 02:04 AM
GO BRUINS (HABS SUCK)

matt14c
10-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I live near Detroit and thee fans being two games into the season are coming unglued its hilarious! Something is definitly going on here though I think they make the playoffs and most likely get out the first round but I do believe Chicago will win the division this year so that is over for them. I have never seen a team that has made this many consistent division wins and trips to the playoffs with all the people that wanted to leave this year. Either went to other teams or went to the KHL or whatever it is. Another thing is they are about to have a huge turnover soon. Draper is older than dirt, same with maltby, there were talks that if they won the cup last year that Lidstrom may retire then so I see him going 2-3 more years tops, rafalski has been arond awhile and osgood. Within the next couple years all these guys will be gone and thats a pretty big part of there foundation.

10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by matt14c
I live near Detroit and thee fans being two games into the season are coming unglued its hilarious! Something is definitly going on here though I think they make the playoffs and most likely get out the first round but I do believe Chicago will win the division this year so that is over for them. I have never seen a team that has made this many consistent division wins and trips to the playoffs with all the people that wanted to leave this year. Either went to other teams or went to the KHL or whatever it is. Another thing is they are about to have a huge turnover soon. Draper is older than dirt, same with maltby, there were talks that if they won the cup last year that Lidstrom may retire then so I see him going 2-3 more years tops, rafalski has been arond awhile and osgood. Within the next couple years all these guys will be gone and thats a pretty big part of there foundation.

those are pretty much my reasons for the end of the dynasty comment...it will take a few seasons for the collapse...the start of it was the loss of the cup to the pens...

the pens learned a thing or two from bylsma, which was to play detroit's(or western conference style) game and insert the good parts of their game...amazingly enough, even with a less than stellar goalie, the pens pulled off the win...mainly because the wings lost their composure...simply put, the wings went backwards for that series...and for a team that makes no mistakes, especially when it matters the most, that is big

justin1022
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Its been a long summer. Go Oilers Go!!!!

DUDE i live like 2 hours away from edmonton i watched there opening game agenst calgary lol kabibulian really messed that up. at least they got rid of roli though.

Quad18star
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
DUDE i live like 2 hours away from edmonton i watched there opening game agenst calgary lol kabibulian really messed that up. at least they got rid of roli though.

Bad break for sure. Even the Calgary player commented on it ... saying he was just putting the pressure on the goaltender and forced him to make the mistake on a rolling puck. It's a lesson learned no doubt about that. It was also good to see Stortini drop the gloves and fight wihtout his usual clinch and hug style from the last 2 seasons. I guess his off season training with George Laraque paid off.

As for detroit .... even though i hate them with a passion , I wouldn't call their dynasty run over quite yet. They have guys on that team that can score 40+ goals ... like Zetterberg and they have always been a team that cannot be taken lightly. We're only a few games into the season and the gys are just now starting to gel together.

Ovechkin .... if he continues , he'll break another 60 goal season. As much as I hate his showboating after goals, I admire his style of play. He can skate, he can pass, he can shoot , he can score and the guy can even lay down big body checks in the corners. He possess' the qualities of an nhl great (Bobby Orr) except for his showboating. And he's only 24 years old.

bansheeboy321
10-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Wings will have no problem phasing out the old and bringing up the new. I read these same "dynasty" ending comments back in 03-04 when yzerman was near the end, shanny was leaving, fedorov was gone...etc...

Wings will battle it out with chicago for the division. I can see the wings getting it again this year though. Especially with ericson, leino and helm getting into the swing of things the 2nd half of the season will be ebtter then the first half. Rafalski is a D man any team in the leage would love to have and lidstrom is still a top 5 D man in the whole league, even at age 39. He dont play a physical style. Datsyuk and Zeteerberg are in long term deals and both look to retire with the red wings. Dont expect the red wings to be outside the top 5 or 6th team in the league for a long time

Jigsaw
10-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
...amazingly enough, even with a less than stellar goalie, the pens pulled off the win..

I think Fluery is a little better than a "less than stellar" kinda goalie. Sure he isnt always consitent, but Ithink hes better than Osgood

250x_kyle
10-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Go pens. thats all i have to say not here to argue.