PDA

View Full Version : ups stinks

Old Head
10-01-2009, 02:53 PM
we ordered a mirror in a heavy frame and it came broken. They hid the hole in the box against the house. So we call and the company says no problem we will call ups for pick-up and send another. The mirror got here today and the frame is split. I seriously don't know how they are breaking it. the thing is packaged for nuclear warfar.:(

10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Old Head
we ordered a mirror in a heavy frame and it came broken. They hid the hole in the box against the house. So we call and the company says no problem we will call ups for pick-up and send another. The mirror got here today and the frame is split. I seriously don't know how they are breaking it. the thing is packaged for nuclear warfar.:(

It's fault in packaging.... If the shippers knew how to wrap a mirror it wouldn't come broken. I've seen people put a glass in a wooden box.... :huh If you want to ship glass wrap it in 5 or 6 layers of bubble wrap.

Old Head
10-01-2009, 03:20 PM
If you would have seen the first box, you would think it came from iraq and a tank ran it over< thats the shipper:huh. I'm telling you this thing is packed like its gonna get hit by baseball bats. It also has a big fragile sticker. I worked for ups back in my teens and I know how they are supposed to pack that truck. Nothing better fall over and your grade at the next stop better be over 95%.

300racer
10-01-2009, 03:28 PM
alot of times it is the shipper. but yeah i work at ups and i deliverd a 150 lbs cabnet 4 times and it was broke every time the lady gave up after the fourth. i have also delivered a wood bench 3 times and it was broke all three times. how does a wood bench get broke in shippiing?:huh but fed ex isn't much better (imo)

10-01-2009, 04:39 PM
When we bought a motor, It looked like it fell out of an Iraqi aircraft into a battlefield.

We know for a fact the thing was crated up tight, and it was a profressional business. It was packed right.

Well, not only did it take 3 weeks, when it arrived, it came in half a soggy cardboard box, out in the open (Nothing over it, just a half cardboard box) no packing, nothing. You can also tell they ripped the packing list off and taped it onto the header.

UPS SUCKS

extremeblastr
10-01-2009, 06:27 PM
have any of you who are *****ing in this thread read ups's disclaimers before using them? they gladly point out that anything you ship should be able to withstand a fall from a minimum of 4 feet (one of the belts in the last building i was at was 25+ft up at one point so imagine that mirror falling off of there) and they also do not heed fragile stickers it is one of the first things i was taught as a package handler, see a fragile sticker try to be nice but its not your problem hence the packing suggestion. next time pay the little extra for the insurance even if your buying through a company ask them to allow you to pay for it because that company is out money every time they ship you an item that gets broken and you request a replacement.

ben300
10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
alot of times it is the shipper. but yeah i work at ups and i deliverd a 150 lbs cabnet 4 times and it was broke every time the lady gave up after the fourth. i have also delivered a wood bench 3 times and it was broke all three times. how does a wood bench get broke in shippiing?:huh but fed ex isn't much better (imo)

i agree about fedex....we switched to ups, when shipping guns to our business.. it took the same gun coming to us 3 times in arrow from fedex with the box destroyed and the gun stock broke in half or cracked beyond repair.....we switched to ups, costs a little more, but we have been very satisfied

..im also a big archery shooter, and i get a new bow every two years. well my last bow i ordered from hoyt was shipped by fedex, and when we got it at the shop, the top cam was poked through teh box, the cam was bent adn one of the top limbs were cracked...i was not happy to say the least

cosinostra
10-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Never had any problems with UPS.

Everything I have ever got from FedEx was smashed and several things needed to be replaced. USPS isn't much better on this either for me.,...

matt14c
10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
All the companies are the same. I got a package few weeks back from fed ex that it looked like they pulled it behind the truck instead of having it in the back. I have never lost anything with either company and I ride with the UPS guy that delivers to my house so if anything comes up missing im checking his garage first!

Lowcountrydave
10-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Wife ordered 5 books.

1 book came in a busted box with a huge hole in it. No packing list. Looked like someone stepped on it a few hundred times, lol. The book in the box had pages folded back. Came USPS, they recent it UPS. I have never had an issue with UPS for whatever reason.

Dave

10-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Well how about you guys just start driving your packages around since you don't like the way shippers do it.

Rootar
10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Ive got an easy fix for you guys quit using ups or fedex.... use the USPS they aren't a "package carrier" so they dont throw them around everyday, ive never had a package destoryed by the USPS shipped motors, frames, shocks, skids, arms, tires wheels, and you name it. no problems.

this is with bigger packages

if you send anything smaller make sure the box is good no matter who you send it through

jkiserracing
10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
Ive got an easy fix for you guys quit using ups or fedex.... use the USPS they aren't a "package carrier" so they dont throw them around everyday, ive never had a package destoryed by the USPS shipped motors, frames, shocks, skids, arms, tires wheels, and you name it. no problems.

this is with bigger packages

if you send anything smaller make sure the box is good no matter who you send it through

YIKES>>>>>>NO NO NO.........they are definately not a package carrier for sure....and theres good reason. (they dont want them)As for not throwing packages around......i have bad news for ya...I worked for the USPS for over 5 years......and....yep..they throw......ALOT

Now I own a shipping store.....we use all carriers.....some items are just hard to ship no matter how good its packed. UPS and FedEx both accept packages up to 150lbs. But when something gets over about 75 or 80.......we try using a freight carrier if possible.....

Rule of thumb...small stuff USPS

med to large items...UPS for definate delivery times FedEx for cost effective and most of the time they get it there on time. And they both damage boxes but only a small percentage of the time.

Large or heavy items.....go with a freight carrier if possible

CNC_guy
10-02-2009, 08:14 AM
I worked as a loader for the big trailers at UPS and treated packages like I would want my stuff treated. We had on guy on our belt though.....he was sort of unstable. Great guy until something slid down the chute and hit him. He would go off on whatever package it was and throw it wherever he could get it away from him.

300racer
10-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
YIKES>>>>>>NO NO NO.........they are definately not a package carrier for sure....and theres good reason. (they dont want them)As for not throwing packages around......i have bad news for ya...I worked for the USPS for over 5 years......and....yep..they throw......ALOT

Now I own a shipping store.....we use all carriers.....some items are just hard to ship no matter how good its packed. UPS and FedEx both accept packages up to 150lbs. But when something gets over about 75 or 80.......we try using a freight carrier if possible.....

Rule of thumb...small stuff USPS

med to large items...UPS for definate delivery times FedEx for cost effective and most of the time they get it there on time. And they both damage boxes but only a small percentage of the time.

Large or heavy items.....go with a freight carrier if possible

I agree with you on that 100%

fastredrider44
10-02-2009, 08:47 AM
They all have their good days and bad days. I have recieved some items that were perfect from all of them, and I have recieved mangled packages from all of them. I just use whoever I think I can get the best deal from.