PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 450 carb the same as 07 YFZ 450??

snowman48
10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
I was looking at my buddies 07 yfz 450 and his carb is the same make and our jet kits were all the same. Are these carbs the same size bore (36mm)??? I was also wondering about those airbox mods that everyone keeps talking about?? Is there something i can do to make mine run better?? It's just not running to great. I still have stock exhaust on it, will that bother this machine that much?? I also have a NoToil filter on it, with the lid removed. Thanks:confused:

justin1022
10-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by snowman48
I was looking at my buddies 07 yfz 450 and his carb is the same make and our jet kits were all the same. Are these carbs the same size bore (36mm)??? I was also wondering about those airbox mods that everyone keeps talking about?? Is there something i can do to make mine run better?? It's just not running to great. I still have stock exhaust on it, will that bother this machine that much?? I also have a NoToil filter on it, with the lid removed. Thanks:confused:

yepp there pretty much identical my friend also has a yfz and we were also comparing bikes. but the air box mod i dont think i would do mainly becuase the box is so small have you ever looked at the yfz box? its huge.

snowman48
10-05-2009, 11:41 AM
ya i was looking at that. He did that ziptie mod for the accelerator pump. Was just wondering if that would work on these machines???

justin1022
10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
its liek that bent wire mod or somthing. i dont no im pretty sure that mod is suppost to take away the bog in the yfz. i dont no about you but my mxr has no bog so i am not even thinking about that mod

SSJEFF
10-20-2009, 01:15 AM
they are 39mm. They are pretty much the same carb. The KTM, 06newer Honda450r, and Yamaha yfz450 all use the keihin FCR carb. You can tie the Accelerator Pump on them all. I wire mine.