PDA

View Full Version : congrats roy nelson

dehner47
10-01-2009, 07:35 AM
well, he beat kimbo fair and square. didn't beat him up, but a loss is a loss is a loss. kimbo was very humble about it and said he going to use it as experience and move on. he's a class act. no doubt about that.

i predicted kimbo knock out in 1st round, but i was wrong. roy out classed him and used what he had to beat the internet sensation. fair and square. congrats roy. you def deserve a big handshake and a huge congrats from me and half the fighting world.

and to be honest, i didnt have any respect for a guy who is a slob and doesnt seem to take things serious, but he proved me wrong. roy nelson is a beast. still a slob, but a true beast. haha dudes got ground skills for sure. hopefully this fight with kimbo and the time in the house will help him develope his stand up. cause he def is no joke of a fighter. congrats again roy and i was wrong for counting the man out before he even stepped into the cage :D

ben300
10-01-2009, 07:54 AM
my prediction, just like kimbo loosing, is that roy and the black guy are in ghe final,(dont know his name) just basing purly on the rhapsody comercial with roy, rashad, and the other guy in it...

a little foreshadowing im gonna say

...and i wouldnt go as far as saying roy is legit enough for the ufc, but every dude has the ability to be a one punch wonder....but he wont beat the top tens in the ufc....but it will be interesting to see what happens with the rest of the season and how they do the finale...i imagine kimbo will get a fight at the finale and hope that after the season raps up, which it has for filming, that american top team whips him into shape, cause if he looses another one...hes definitally done...

and im also pretty bumbed that we're not gonna get to see rashad fight rampage now:mad: ..even tho i think rashad would win that, rampage cracks me up

csr250r
10-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Roy is a fat pile and is lucky Kimbo lacks a ground game.

fasterblaster09
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by csr250r

x2. pisses me off...

snacob14
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by csr250r
I think this is all pretty true. He had Roy stunned at the beginning of the second round. Once on the ground though, Kimbo looked like he had no idea

fasterblaster09
10-01-2009, 09:13 AM
yeh no doubt kimbo needs ground lessons, give him a little more time

maticus
10-01-2009, 09:16 AM
roy for sure used what he had ( a big fat belly) i thought kimbo did pretty good on the ground but what are you supposed to do when a 265lb tard lays on ya. not saying kimbo is the best but even dana white said that roy looked like crap. the dude was scared to fight him so he took him down to the ground(which isnt hard to do when you have a 35lb advantage) and tapped him on the head til the ref got tired of it and called it. kimbo was in no danger, maybe just of suffocating lol.

dehner47
10-01-2009, 09:21 AM
[and im also pretty bumbed that we're not gonna get to see rashad fight rampage now:mad: ..even tho i think rashad would win that, rampage cracks me up [/B][/QUOTE]

i read yesterday on yahoo sports that dana white has stated kimbo will be getting a contract in the UFC win or loss. cause he shows he's hungry to learn and is a huge name. hopethis is true. also, in same interview dana stated that rampage has decided to stay with the UFC and is still doing the A team movie but will return to fighting after that.

i hope this is true. cause rampage is a funny @$$ dude. and he is going to power bomb rashad. keep your fingers crossed. cause i'm dying for the day rampage gets to punch rashad in his mouth. cause i know i def want too. haha

RIDEREDson
10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I dont know what happened to the other thread..????

But Like I said in it..... Kimbo started laying down some nice blows then Nelson would use his dead weight and pull him to the ground. Same thing in round 2. The ref shouldnt have stopped it.

OutlawEX
10-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Im not a kimbo fan but I am a huge UFC fan.

Roy lost each round. He then would get shaken even more and get on top of Kimbo and would just tap him on the head.

Even Dana said that it was weak.

Brock Lesner does the some thing but more aggressive style and successful. He uses his 40lbs weight advantage to get on his opponent and do work.

ATV Chic
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Roy's a lazya**. Kimbo works hard and unfortunately was smushed by Roy and his laziness. But i'm not worried cuz it looks like Kimbo may get another chance. He's definately learning and will get better. to be continued..

dehner47
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
I dont know what happened to the other thread..????

But Like I said in it..... Kimbo started laying down some nice blows then Nelson would use his dead weight and pull him to the ground. Same thing in round 2. The ref shouldnt have stopped it.

i think it might of gotten erased cause it was starting to get personal. and i know the big wigs aren't taking it no more. so please everyone. lets debate. but please lets not get personal or make any direct personal attacks. this is gonna be a great thread for us UFC fans and i dont want it to get ruined like the rest of them:D

and i do have to agree.Herb Dean stopped that a bit premature. you can even hear it in his voice when he said " ok guys. fights over. get up" he sounded a bit frustrated cause i think he knew it was a stale mate style fight and someone had to win. and tech, Roy was winner cause he was the one doing work. and yes it was because Roys fat @$$ just laying on him. but did put him in a few defenseless moves that he couldnt get out of. so i'll give it to him. he won fair and square.

and i really hope this season, let alone the whole heavey weight division doesn't just lay there and use one handed punches to win a fight. hell, even lesner did that. in all his fights. well, except the 1st one cause its hard to lay there while a dude like Frank Mir is cranking you ankle into a pretzel :devil:

RIDEREDson
10-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Kimbo packs a hard punch and he connected a few good ones on Roy. I was just disappointed in that fight. I waited all week to watch it and it felt like a waste. Now we probaly have to wait anohter 6 weeks till Kimbo fights again. Anyone else think he'll be fighting soon?

ben300
10-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
i think it might of gotten erased cause it was starting to get personal. and i know the big wigs aren't taking it no more. so please everyone. lets debate. but please lets not get personal or make any direct personal attacks. this is gonna be a great thread for us UFC fans and i dont want it to get ruined like the rest of them:D

and i do have to agree.Herb Dean stopped that a bit premature. you can even hear it in his voice when he said " ok guys. fights over. get up" he sounded a bit frustrated cause i think he knew it was a stale mate style fight and someone had to win. and tech, Roy was winner cause he was the one doing work. and yes it was because Roys fat @$$ just laying on him. but did put him in a few defenseless moves that he couldnt get out of. so i'll give it to him. he won fair and square.

and i really hope this season, let alone the whole heavey weight division doesn't just lay there and use one handed punches to win a fight. hell, even lesner did that. in all his fights. well, except the 1st one cause its hard to lay there while a dude like Frank Mir is cranking you ankle into a pretzel :devil:

i personally think the fight should have been stopped in the first round. Yes, roy was laying on top of kimbo, which is completely legal in the rules. But kimbo was doing nothing, he wasnt even trying to escape. he was just laying there. he had his legs against the cage, he could have at least tried to push off the cage.

and i had both rounds going to roy just because of the pure fact that he did more, standing, and on the ground....kimbo looked very timid. i was expecting him to come out swinging. thats what he should have done.

the heavy weight devision in teh ufc has gone through some serious changes over the past several years, with lots of fighters leaving and lots of fighters coming into the mix. i think there is a serious void in the devision, and putting monsters in there like lesnar makes the devision less interesing, considering he is gonna face alot smaller guys like cotoure, mir, and even kimbo. its seems that the ufc is doing this becuase they dotn have the stellar dynamite matches that they have in the wrest of teh weight devisions. heck, the welterweight and the middle weight devisions are starting to loose soem luster. at least with addition of belfort to the middle weight devision, the ufc can attract some interest with someone that may beat anderson silva since they'll never sign gregard mousassi..

i think they should split the heavy weight devision into a heavy and cruiser weight devision, that way guys like lesnar and nelson wouldnt be able to use their weight and size advantage to bully around much smaller guys.

buck440
10-01-2009, 05:54 PM
it might just be me but it seemed like kimbo just didn't want to fight. he onle threw a few or so punches and when he was on the ground it looked like he had both arms pretty free just flapping around doing didly squat imo but who knows, i'm done with the show now.

ben300
10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by buck440
it might just be me but it seemed like kimbo just didn't want to fight. he onle threw a few or so punches and when he was on the ground it looked like he had both arms pretty free just flapping around doing didly squat imo but who knows, i'm done with the now.

agree'd...

it was pretty funny, i was at the bar last night with some friends and they had the fight on.. when the fight itself actually came on, you would have sworn that we were in pittsburgh and everyone was watchign teh last minute of last years supperbowl....the whole place was mezmorized by the fight...then he lost and the whole place was in an uproar for a few minutes, and then it was over, like it never happened...

JJs450r
10-01-2009, 07:22 PM
roy suffocated him with his boob, kinda crappy seems like kimbo didnt do to much.....from what the commercials show it looks like kimbo is gonna fight again next week hope so

ben300
10-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
roy suffocated him with his boob, kinda crappy seems like kimbo didnt do to much.....from what the commercials show it looks like kimbo is gonna fight again next week hope so

he aint gonna fight next week, hes done till the finnale in december

JJs450r
10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
damn commercials....made it seem he was gonna take over for marc jones cause he got injured

ben300
10-01-2009, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JJs450r
damn commercials....made it seem he was gonna take over for marc jones cause he got injured [/QUOTE

he may then....i didnt watch anything after the fight itself..it was on at the bar, but i couldnt here. ill i know is i saw dana talking and he was probalby dropping f bombs like a drunken sailor....but knowing dana white, he'll do anything to make himself look good...

..theres rumors out there that he was either offered by the ufc, or is supposed to fight seth petrezuli

MX MaNiAc 06
10-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I didn't care who won really.. but all I wanted to see was a good fight. It could have been a lot more interesting.

madskrillz2
10-01-2009, 09:42 PM
The one thing I don't like hearing is people thinking Kimbo should be some champ. Not saying any of you are saying that cause from what I see you aren't. But a lot of people I talk to completely look over the fact that the only experience he had was back yard brawling. He's only been training for what, a year now? Think about how one of us would do against top guys like that after just a year of training. When you think of it that way, it really gives you an idea of how you should picture Kimbo. Not hating on the guy in any way because I actually like him a lot. He's obviously a very humble guy that just wants to learn all he can. Just trying to put things into perspective.

TCracin440ex
10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by ben300
i personally think the fight should have been stopped in the first round. Yes, roy was laying on top of kimbo, which is completely legal in the rules. But kimbo was doing nothing, he wasnt even trying to escape. he was just laying there. he had his legs against the cage, he could have at least tried to push off the cage.

and i had both rounds going to roy just because of the pure fact that he did more, standing, and on the ground....kimbo looked very timid. i was expecting him to come out swinging. thats what he should have done.

i agree with you, but they were both acting like they were scared to contact with eachother. im not a big kimbo fan. although he seems like a very humble guy and took his loss like a man.

i kinda had my money on roy to begin with because roy had previous MMA type of fights under his belt. where kimbo might be a fighter. hes not a mma fighter altho i will say hes very eager to learn and hungry for it. bottom line is kimbo still has no ground game and thats where he got beat at on the ground. now i will admit the fight was a ***** fight and it looked like roy was doin nothin but giving him love taps on the top of his head

400EX Stud
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ben300

Kimbo seemed timid cause he was waiting for Fat BA$TARD to try and take him to the ground. He knew he wouldn't stand up and fight with him. he knew that once he got some good punches landed that Tubby would try and take him down. The only reason that Lard ***** won both rounds is because of the take downs. I know that take downs and such are awarded points but when you just sit put a guy in...........wait, sit on a guy and hold his hands down where he can't do S#$T your gonna win. You could say that the win is justified cause Kimbo wasn't "inteligentlly defending himself". You can't "inteligentlly defend" yourself when a guy is sitting on one of your arms, holding the other one down, and smothering you in his fat blubber belly. Even my wife that hates watching UFC said that was an extremely sad fight. And I quote " all that fat FU#$ER did was lay on him and tap him on the head."

ROY NELSON YOU WON'T LAST FOR S&^T IN THE UFC IF THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE TO BRING TO THE TABLE!!!!!!!! Lesnar at least try's to inflict some damage when he lays on top of his opponents. You will see blood in his fights. You will see him take full swings to inflict damage. He won't tap the guy in the head and count out loud to show the ref how many punches you are consecutively landing to make it seem like he's not defending himself. You just put a guy in a position that he can't. That would call for a tap out in my opinion. Call it the Blob submission move. Lay on the guys arms and tap him on the top of the head.

Again F&%K Nelson. I'm sorry but I really got pissed off at this fight. I mean Nelson acted like he did something unbelieveable during this fight and he did nothing, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.

That's just my .02
And thanks for listning

reconmaster
10-02-2009, 01:33 AM
kimbo defintly was the better fighter and more in shape and the aggressor nelson just used his weight to his advantage. lesnar also has the best cardio for a heavy weight fighter and uses his wrestling skills very well he slams not lay he slams his opponents to the ground uses his wrestling background and will run after his opponents when he fights he ready to lay a whoopin and last all 5 rounds

Doak450r
10-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
The one thing I don't like hearing is people thinking Kimbo should be some champ. Not saying any of you are saying that cause from what I see you aren't. But a lot of people I talk to completely look over the fact that the only experience he had was back yard brawling. He's only been training for what, a year now? Think about how one of us would do against top guys like that after just a year of training. When you think of it that way, it really gives you an idea of how you should picture Kimbo. Not hating on the guy in any way because I actually like him a lot. He's obviously a very humble guy that just wants to learn all he can. Just trying to put things into perspective.

i agree with this. everyone that thinks kimbo is the next great thing is sadly mistaken. he's been training mma for like 2 years, he was woking with bas rutten and over that time still hasn't seemed to learn any ground game, or atleast worked on his take down defense. Yeah nelsons win wasn't all that great but it's still a win. i've heard kimbo is training with american top team now and will fight on the ufc 107 card.

RIDEREDson
10-02-2009, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by 400EX Stud
Kimbo seemed timid cause he was waiting for Fat BA$TARD to try and take him to the ground. He knew he wouldn't stand up and fight with him. he knew that once he got some good punches landed that Tubby would try and take him down. The only reason that Lard ***** won both rounds is because of the take downs. I know that take downs and such are awarded points but when you just sit put a guy in...........wait, sit on a guy and hold his hands down where he can't do S#$T your gonna win. You could say that the win is justified cause Kimbo wasn't "inteligentlly defending himself". You can't "inteligentlly defend" yourself when a guy is sitting on one of your arms, holding the other one down, and smothering you in his fat blubber belly. Even my wife that hates watching UFC said that was an extremely sad fight. And I quote " all that fat FU#$ER did was lay on him and tap him on the head."

ROY NELSON YOU WON'T LAST FOR S&^T IN THE UFC IF THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE TO BRING TO THE TABLE!!!!!!!! Lesnar at least try's to inflict some damage when he lays on top of his opponents. You will see blood in his fights. You will see him take full swings to inflict damage. He won't tap the guy in the head and count out loud to show the ref how many punches you are consecutively landing to make it seem like he's not defending himself. You just put a guy in a position that he can't. That would call for a tap out in my opinion. Call it the Blob submission move. Lay on the guys arms and tap him on the top of the head.

Again F&%K Nelson. I'm sorry but I really got pissed off at this fight. I mean Nelson acted like he did something unbelieveable during this fight and he did nothing, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.

That's just my .02
And thanks for listning

Bravo... I agree 100%

ben300
10-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by 400EX Stud

That's just my .02
And thanks for listning

dude..honestly i think you need to stop and logically think about the real world, and then maybe seek soem anger management for what ever hatred you hav ein your sould..sheesh...

kimbo in now way shape or form was logically defending himself..he was timid.. out classed....adn was outpeformed by a tub of lard...

i think alot of you kimbo nut huggers need to get a seriously reallity check and look at where kimbo truly falls into the real scheme of things

ben300
10-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Doak450r
i agree with this. everyone that thinks kimbo is the next great thing is sadly mistaken. he's been training mma for like 2 years, he was woking with bas rutten and over that time still hasn't seemed to learn any ground game, or atleast worked on his take down defense. Yeah nelsons win wasn't all that great but it's still a win. i've heard kimbo is training with american top team now and will fight on the ufc 107 card.

hes been training with ATT since elite XC folded....he should have picked up a btter ground game since then considering some of the BJJ guys they have in that camp

extremeblastr
10-02-2009, 07:53 AM
this comes down to some very simple facts, kimbo is an up and comer even at 35 the man wants to learn and has already come a very long way from who he was as a fighter a year ago. Nelson is a fat slob who relies on his size and granted he did what he needed to in order to win the fight but he did not win that fight with skill he won it with is belly. both are skilled fighters but neither is at the level they need to be to fight in the ufc and personally that was with ease the most boring fight i've ever watched and by far the worst stoppage i've ever seen.

ben300
10-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
this comes down to some very simple facts, kimbo is an up and comer even at 35 the man wants to learn and has already come a very long way from who he was as a fighter a year ago. Nelson is a fat slob who relies on his size and granted he did what he needed to in order to win the fight but he did not win that fight with skill he won it with is belly. both are skilled fighters but neither is at the level they need to be to fight in the ufc and personally that was with ease the most boring fight i've ever watched and by far the worst stoppage i've ever seen.

so far, all three fights this season have been rather much a snooze fest. the first was a pretty big blood bath with that huge gash in that guys, which the NSAC doctor should have stopped after the first...i think the ufc either needs to step this show up quite a bit, or they need to get rid of it, cause i dont think its been much good since the 4th season...it seems ever since mac danzig won the one lightweight one, the talent pull that they are picking from has drastically, and i mean drastically gone down hill

JLanphear
10-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Brock Lesner does the some thing but more aggressive style and successful. He uses his 40lbs weight advantage to get on his opponent and do work.

Yeah you def. can't really compare Lesnars ground and pound to what Roy was doing.

For instance the Lesnar vs. Mir II, it didn't look like Lesnar had much heat behind any of his punches on the ground, but when Mir stood up and you saw how messed up his face was it def. told a different story.

It sucks this fight had to be stopped because those punches certainly weren't inflicting much damage on Kimbo, but he was indeed defensless. Like others said, it really shoulda been stopped in the first round as much as I hate to say it.

It was a bad matchup for Kimbo, and a smart move by team Rashad. I think Kimbo could probably stand up with the best of them and do fairly well, but it's over once it gets to the ground and he's fighting anybody that has half a clue.

As far as Roy Nelson goes. Props for him for getting the take downs and getting Kimbo in a completely defenseless position. Smart fighting for sure. However, he also thinks he did something completely amazing and put on a good show. It was a win, and that's what matters, but in my opinion the fight completely sucked...He wouldn't last 2 seconds with Lesnar.

dehner47
10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
As far as Roy Nelson goes. Props for him for getting the take downs and getting Kimbo in a completely defenseless position. Smart fighting for sure. However, he also thinks he did something completely amazing and put on a good show. It was a win, and that's what matters, but in my opinion the fight completely sucked...He wouldn't last 2 seconds with Lesnar. [/B][/QUOTE]

x2 my good man:D