PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Pro ATV Motorcross Team

QuadJunkies
09-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Can Am' is going to have a sweet year !!
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/canam2009-motoworks-2010-ama-atv-motocross-racing-team-p2.html

Sounds like WORCS will not be seeing Warnia after next months final round. I will miss seeing him next year, that boy is faaaast!!!:macho
Great personality and of course... totally luv the accent . :D
Hopefully Weinen and Natalie will have a better season .

Motoworks is awesome so I have a feeling they will do well!

xrxmxcx
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Rumors had it that Chad was in CA with the crew, and that confirms it. Good to see Natalie back, altough a different team, but still on-board Can-am. Chad should be a great addition to the team and Warnia has tons of talent as well!

Blizzard24
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
I said it in another thread... Motoworks has these quads figured out. With the talent of this team and engines that will hold up, they should be tough to beat.

RosquistRacer39
09-30-2009, 03:23 PM
So did the motoworks guys get rid of lawson and smith? Or are they moving them out west to do Worcs and Quadcross?

xrxmxcx
09-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Lawson quit. Smith is racing ITP and WORCS I believe supported by them.

yfzracer14
09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Why did Lawson quit?

TNT
09-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Word I got is Natalie broke some ribs in Cali couple weekends ago but yeah good to see he’ll be on a DS again and Chad found a home, a lot of pro’s struggling out there right now for 2010. I heard Warnet will not have a MX team nor rig, just Motoworks. Also heard a DS redesign is scheduled for 2011, maybe they need another year of “testing” …lets hope if that rumor is true they don’t try and reinvent the wheel too much and the learning curve, they have good quad now just needs some improvements in a few areas.

RosquistRacer39
09-30-2009, 05:53 PM
I also read that factory Kawi will not have a team next year. The pro class will be interesting for sure to see which bikes all those privateers choose. I don't think you will see a kawi on the line but I could be wrong.

Ex_Rider43
09-30-2009, 06:05 PM
This can-am team is the only team thats left in the pits for 2010. Rest of the riders will have some deals here and there but will use their own truck and trailer.

blaster99
09-30-2009, 06:05 PM
wienen will be on a can am at the Montreal sx that is coming up this weekend i believe. hopefully he can take a win on it!

Ex_Rider43
09-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh and Chad is in Montreal right now , they were riding at Xtown and from the people that were there he is super fast , still has his Shoei Monster helmet! I wish him the best , i just dont think the bike will last.

TNT
09-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah I talked to Cody Miller last weekend he has to go to MI to get a bike then up to Montreal like 40 hr drive he's probably already on the road lol.....He'll be on his Can but it's up in the air who he'll be riding for. I wish we could go to that race, like 50,000+ peeps or something like that.

blaster99
09-30-2009, 06:10 PM
that is what I was thinking as well, It will be a good test of the strength of the ds. Chad is a big guy, he can break nearly anything, so hopefully the can-am stays together for him.

kyleschonert
09-30-2009, 08:02 PM
From what I have heard, and understood, Lawson didn't quit, there were some things that weren't working out right.

TNT
09-30-2009, 08:57 PM
I heard Suk will have a rig no word of 2010 quad yet or Hon either? Anyone heard that one?

I heard Hon did some crazy thing w/thier motor to the bikes hope it don't migrate over to thier quad if they do got a 2010. They put the rod and piston behind the crank or something like that at an angle something wierd! :rolleyes:

Considering it all Can has got the best thing going so far.

Dale512
09-30-2009, 09:09 PM
TNT, Honda wont be having a rig this year all ready been announced. Also I believe you are thinking of the 2010 Yamaha YZ450F Dirtbikes that have the reversed angled head and offset crank, you know intake in the front exhaust out the rear and I doubt it will be coming to the atvs anytime soon considering the YFZs have just been redesigned.

RosquistRacer39
10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't know I think that yamaha will just use up the remainder of 450 parts for the quad and then eventually change it over to the new design. It just doesn't make sense to have to produce two different kinds of 450 motors. The business aspect of it would say otherwise, I bet the new motor design will be in a quad quicker than you think.

Dale512
10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I would say 2012 at the earliest that you would see a similar motor in the quads, although I could be wrong. I somehow doubt it.

reconmaster
10-02-2009, 07:54 AM
It will be interesting to know if dee will be building the motors or not with ryan cox being chads wrench how wellhe will get them working since he got the kawi motors dialed this past season

TNT
10-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Interesting you said that Recon I was wondering the same thing, we talk about pro's what about the mechanics? I figure alot of them have thier own business building etc then find race teams to hire them I guess or do they follow pro's, come as a package I wonder. Well Dee was Hon then followed Natalie to Can he's an big asset to the Can and Natalie.

Thanks for getting me straight Dale. I hear YAM is pulling out too, some of thier 09 riders don't have a confimed ride yet either. That motor sounds twisted I'd think it put alot of stress on the crank and rod.

HBRIG014
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Ryan is still with Chad. He came along with him. and i think you will see can-am win a championship this year. and it will be one of the three motoworks riders. ill put money on it..:)

loons
10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by TNT
That motor sounds twisted I'd think it put alot of stress on the crank and rod.

They totally redesigned the crank. Short rod, and increased the bore. Those motors are gonna rip. Tilting the motor actually keeps the rod and piston in a more upright position through the stroke. I think it will be a few years before we see the motors in the quads.

BTW, this isn't a new design. Cannondale did this 10 years ago. We all know the power those motors put out at just little ol 432's. They just couldn't keep them together. I imagine yam has improved the design and we'll see some big numbers out of those motors.

Dale512
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh yea Yamaha improved the designed alot over Cannondales. First Cannondale didnt tilt the cylinder, didnt offset the crank, yamaha lengthened the exhaust header, among many other things.

TNT
10-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Sounds like the guy that xplained the motor to me described it wrong. Anyone seen a diagram through me a link I got to see this...

I just got back from the YAM dealer looking a VSTAR road cruiser I didn't ask anyone if those have this motor in the 09 2010?.....I think I am going to buy one this week or a KAWI, or Hon seems reliabe in our sport or Harley wants to much. I'm not a bike guy any input before I buy from you guys I'd appreciate.

Sorry off topic a little...lol!

Dale512
10-02-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/209/0/home.aspx

Here ya TNT surf around on Yamaha website for some info on their new engine design.

Dale512
10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.vertemati.com/en/news/

The Vertemati Bros. are also developing a very similar engine design.

loons
10-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Oh yea Yamaha improved the designed alot over Cannondales. First Cannondale didnt tilt the cylinder, didnt offset the crank, yamaha lengthened the exhaust header, among many other things.

Correct. Those are the improvements I was talking about. It should be a very good motor. Especially with the 4 valve head. And the cannondale boys will have a motor to throw in those awesome frames for an awesome hybrid.

Dale512
10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
I got my old Chassis from my Speed laying around....maybe one day lol

TNT
10-02-2009, 05:08 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk191/Terrylport/yamaha-yz450f-39_460x0w.jpg

YAM - YZ450F’s new rearward-slanted cylinder is a revolutionary advancement that achieves unmatched mass centralization, concentrating inertial mass toward the center of the machine. This bold new design also swaps traditional intake and exhaust positions, putting the lightweight airbox and throttle body out front. This contributes to mass centralization for nimble handling while also achieving a straight intake tract for superb combustion efficiency that delivers more power.

TNT - mass centralization can be achieved many ways and it goes beyond the intake and exhaust. What it’s important in the intake is the venturi tube and atomization for EFI not ram air.

YAM - The rearward-slanted engine allowed engineers to design straight intake and exhaust ports, creating the most direct path for air flow into the fuel-injected engine for incredible performance.

TNT – True but it also created a kick load on the rings, valves, seats, piston, rod, crank due to the angle between the cylinder and crank centerlines. The load from the piston comes into the piston wrist pin/rod at an angle, makes you wonder how that bearing will wear and the wrist pin, rod and crank, etc….? Twin V and inline style engines especially have even load distribution this doesn't.

Yam - The YZ450F uses a battery-less fuel injection system with a 12-hole injector for superb fuel atomization. 14 volt / 110W high output generator powers the battery less fuel injection system.

TNT – BCS your next DS450 assignment. LMAO!

Yam - The bigger 97.0mm bore and shorter 60.8mm stroke, along with a higher 12.5:1 compression ratio, create a combustion chamber that delivers really impressive power.

TNT - I’m a fan of bigger bore less stroke less piston wear now if could just get mine to work! 

YAM - New “tornado-style” exhaust header with resonator efficiently scavenges exhaust gasses and helps the engine achieve its exceptional low-to-mid range torque characteristics, while the 150mm-longer muffler comfortably meets the latest noise standards without a sacrifice of power.

TNT - Interesting so now they need a tornado? Come to Kansas where I live lol….Curve header does the same thing, turbulence and back pressure!

Interesting to say the least! I hope it stays in the bike world few more years to work the bugs out first I can see them coming. Makes you wonder why the majority of combustion engines were not design this way or is this really a new unheard of science and revelation? I think it may have some potential but we’ll see how it holds up.

I am more impressed with Vertimati’s CATIA V5 model. I got one of a 787 Dreamliner in front of me now. Kewl!

My .02....But don't listen to me some old school old man! :D

Quadevil
10-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Recognize Yami's effort but like this one more :)

http://i36.tinypic.com/2qu6v0n.jpg

LTR450_#67
10-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Husaberg?

Quadevil
10-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Husaberg?

Yes