bmxican345
09-30-2009, 09:03 AM
interested to see how this will turn out

ATVMX33
09-30-2009, 09:10 AM
where did you see that??

vzmain61
09-30-2009, 09:17 AM
I think with him bring Ryan Cox along with him should help. With it being the 3rd year for Can-Am I think the results will be there with this team. Warnia has been moving in the Worcs series and it Natalie posted up a good finish with broken ribs. I think the Moto Works team has what it takes to contend next year. Call me crazy if you want. Just my opinion.

ds450racer
09-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah i think it will be sweet. Im looking forward to seeing chad ride one.

Pappy
09-30-2009, 09:23 AM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/canam2009-motoworks-2010-ama-atv-motocross-racing-team.html

maticus
09-30-2009, 09:30 AM
i know this sounds dumb but can someone post who is all on the team. my work computer blocks atvriders( but not exriders:devil: ) so i cant read any of the new on the main page or see any links that have atvriders in it.

Pappy
09-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Weinen, Natalie and Warnia

MX450
09-30-2009, 10:58 AM
wienen is gonna TEAR those bikes up. hopefully for him they will stay together for 20 mins

QuadR8cer12
09-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I wonder what cody miller has going on now?

300ex mxracer
09-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I hope the Can-Ams hold together better than the kawis

Pappy
09-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
I wonder what cody miller has going on now?

If I heard correctly, he doesnt have any deals signed as of now

Pappy
09-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 300ex mxracer
I hope the Can-Ams hold together better than the kawis

The way I see it, if Natalie did not think it had a chance then he would have looked elsewhere. I know he is super happy on the Motoworks DS so we will see!

hasbeenttduner
09-30-2009, 11:12 AM
I wish him luck and would like to see Chad and John do well.That being said they still have a lot of work to do with the quads.Look at Lawsons 09 Motoworks CanAm season and you will see he had some very fast runs and some problems like all of the CanAm's have had.Lawson was also pushing for some aarm changes.That doesn't mean the 2010 race quad won't be greatly improved and a real force at every round.I'm glad canam is sticking with the sport when everyone else is bailing and I wish them luck in 2010.In 2009 Warnia proved he can run top 7+ or so on a regular basis at the nationals and he has been racing hard all season on the west coast with Yamaha's fastest 2009 factory supported MX racer Dustin Nelson.
Overall a great 3 man team.

Thank You CanAm for supporting our sport in 2010.

631kfx400
09-30-2009, 11:40 AM
it stinks for chad because he has to get used to a new quad every year. hopefully he will like the switch to can am, does anyone know if josh will be switching with weinen? hopefully josh stays on the kawi:devil:

k4f5x0r
09-30-2009, 12:48 PM
no i think josh is staying with kawi. Creamer had a pretty solid and consistant season so i think kawi went with the safe bet and stayed with creamer.

Im sure it was a hard choice for kawi choosing between the two. Weinen is a top rider no questions asked, but he didnt seem to consistant this year. this may have been to mechanical trouble or because a crash or whatever reason.

Creamer rode VERY consistant all season. With 2 wins outta the year.

IMO i would have chose josh too. Goodluck to Chad with the Can Am and all the other riders switching.

vzmain61
09-30-2009, 01:09 PM
If nothing else it's a little needed change in the series as a whole. Things being shaken up a bit. Riders moving around. I bet you see a lot of guys that didn't perform in 09 to come back in 2010 to make a point and turn heads.

09-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Didn't Wienen JUST SWITCH to kawi? And now he's going to can-am?

What a brand-whore lol

TrapZ400
09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Wow talk about a dream team! All three of them are extremely talented. Im glad to see Warnia on there. He has been doing really well on the Can Am. Also im glad that Can Am hired Ryan Cox. I think this will be the year for Can Am. I cant wait to see how they do at the montreal supercross.

KFX450Rrider490
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM
why exactly did chad switch? was he droped from kawi or did he choose to leave?

vzmain61
09-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Has Josh resigned with Kawi/Monster yet? or is the rumor about them pulling all the way out false? Does anybody have any new on Byrd, Goodman and Upperman? Or even Lawson??

ammohog01
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
it stinks for chad because he has to get used to a new quad every year. hopefully he will like the switch to can am, does anyone know if josh will be switching with weinen? hopefully josh stays on the kawi:devil:

I agree. Chad can't keep changing machines every year. That is why I think gust, wimmer, byrd, and creamer have been doing well they, stuck with what they know.

extremeblastr
09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
you guys obviously missed a lot. wienen did not have a choice in the move from kawi because there is no kawi factory team for next season. josh will be riding for DRT which is owned by his mechanic i'm not sure which brand he will be using but i wouldn't be surprised to see kawi keep throwing support his way in some form.

hsr
09-30-2009, 02:20 PM
What happened to the Warnert Racing team. Why would Natalie switch when the warnert can-am's had the better walsh components and such. If warnert can-am is still around my guess is that cody gibson may end up there...

Pappy
09-30-2009, 02:58 PM
As far as I know the Warnert team will not be for 2010 in the MX side of things

rollie
09-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
you guys obviously missed a lot. wienen did not have a choice in the move from kawi because there is no kawi factory team for next season. josh will be riding for DRT which is owned by his mechanic i'm not sure which brand he will be using but i wouldn't be surprised to see kawi keep throwing support his way in some form.

Where did you hear this?

vzmain61
09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't think the Walsh stuff made a huge difference. Warnerts s*#t was slooooooowwwww. Moto Works has a better showing of their equipment if you look at what they have done in Worcs and Quad Cross. Lawson ran good on the stuff..just had some bad luck. With a good mechanic like Ryan Cox going with Chad it should be fine. He can shed some light on some of the weak links and so on. I sort of heard the stuff about Creamer but didn't think it was entirely true..although it could be. If it happens like that then it's cool. But I'm telling you to look for this new team to step it up.

Blizzard24
09-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by vzmain61
I don't think the Walsh stuff made a huge difference. Warnerts s*#t was slooooooowwwww. Moto Works has a better showing of their equipment if you look at what they have done in Worcs and Quad Cross. Lawson ran good on the stuff..just had some bad luck. With a good mechanic like Ryan Cox going with Chad it should be fine. He can shed some light on some of the weak links and so on. I sort of heard the stuff about Creamer but didn't think it was entirely true..although it could be. If it happens like that then it's cool. But I'm telling you to look for this new team to step it up.

I totally agree... Motoworks has the DS running hard, the engines Warnert is putting out there (I am pretty sure I now who is building them but if I am wrong I dont want to misinform people) just arent holding up.

Fredricks, Warnia and Zimmerman have been on fire w these quads out west.

extremeblastr
09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Where did you hear this?

from an EXTREMELY reliably source. josh's kawi contract was terminated but i don't see him making a switch brand wise unless dave talks him into it he just put down a good season with the kawi so no need to change that up. keep your ears open at jolly or talk to dave or brownie i'm sure they'll talk about it.

extremeblastr
09-30-2009, 04:10 PM
for those of you who aren't up to date there won't be a suzuki rig next season either, it will be a yoshimura team with suzuki backing. canam is cutting down to one team in mx and there are rumors about gust going to polaris as a manager or possibly rider for a team.

400grl
09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Warnia is on fire this year on the CanAm - the kid is an amazing rider - I don't know how he rides on the edge ALL the time, but he does it, and does it well! The CanAm team will be fun to watch next year for sure!!!

vzmain61
09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Blizzard24...glad you notice this. Can-Am is on the rise. Walsh makes great stuff they really do. But its a combination of things that win championships. Rome wasn't built overnight, and Can-Am wasn't either. Kawi had their own problems when they came out. Warnia well be fun to watch. Hell the entire pro class will be fun.

madskrillz2
09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Sounds like next season is gonna be a rough one. Hope everything comes out for the best. I hate to hear all these teams are dropping out. I also hope I don't have to get used to watching Wienen have mediocre finishes.

madskrillz2
09-30-2009, 07:14 PM
for those of you who aren't up to date there won't be a suzuki rig next season either, it will be a yoshimura team with suzuki backing. canam is cutting down to one team in mx and there are rumors about gust going to polaris as a manager or possibly rider for a team.

So it's gonna be kinda like Gust's first ride when he was still on a Z?

extremeblastr
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
So it's gonna be kinda like Gust's first ride when he was still on a Z?

you could say that i'm pretty sure it'll be a lot like 2004 so basically suzuki will still be handing wimmer bikes they just won't be footing the bill for travel and what not.

oj250r
09-30-2009, 08:00 PM
where are all you gettin this information at..

reconmaster
09-30-2009, 08:13 PM
the way i look at it 2 out of 3 of my favorite riders are gonna be in the same tent and well it will be good for the polaris to have gust on the team rath has really developed thier machines imagine what gust can do

jkiserracing
09-30-2009, 09:19 PM

Actually at my last race someone was telling me that Wimmer was going to be racing a Lost Creek Cycle Suzuki....or was it racing from the Lost Creek Cycle rig........dang, I cant remember.

reconmaster
09-30-2009, 09:20 PM
well kevin mummah the crew chief owns lost creek cycles and dustins wrench glen owns atv innovations

madskrillz2
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
Actually at my last race someone was telling me that Wimmer was going to be racing a Lost Creek Cycle Suzuki....or was it racing from the Lost Creek Cycle rig........dang, I cant remember.

If this has any truth to it, we definitely know we're in for a down grade.

LTR450_#67
10-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by reconmaster
well kevin mummah the crew chief owns lost creek cycles and dustins wrench glen owns atv innovations

If thats the case, then Dustin won't have to adjust much considering both them guys were with Team Suzuki the last 2 seasons.....don't really see how it's down grade.

ds450racer
10-01-2009, 03:24 AM
I dont see why dustin will be moving to lost creek. when all suzuki are doing is switchin to yoshimuru. Why would he quit yoshi whenb they are putting out the fastest and most reliable engines. And i dont see why they would drop him as he is one of the best on the field right now.

reconmaster
10-01-2009, 04:06 AM
what i'm sayin is dustin will be riding a ltr either way lost creek had suzuki support back in 06 and 07

xrxmxcx
10-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Good things should happen for BRP in 2010. They have made the commitment to our sport and it's showing!

Warnert won't host a MX team but I would expect the XC team back in full force. As far as Walsh and the DS Cody Gibson and maybe Lawson from what I have heard running for the WRC crew.

2010 should be fun!

jkiserracing
10-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by ds450racer
I dont see why dustin will be moving to lost creek. when all suzuki are doing is switchin to yoshimuru. Why would he quit yoshi whenb they are putting out the fastest and most reliable engines. And i dont see why they would drop him as he is one of the best on the field right now.

Maybe it would just be one big yoshi/Suzuki/Lost Creek Cycle...sumn sumn LTR ..sumn sumn team...

extremeblastr
10-01-2009, 09:49 AM
i don't see the lost creek thing going over well with glen as nice of a guy as he is. my understanding of what i was told is that wimmer will be riding for yoshi as the sole rider in the rig.

extremeblastr
10-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by reconmaster
the way i look at it 2 out of 3 of my favorite riders are gonna be in the same tent and well it will be good for the polaris to have gust on the team rath has really developed thier machines imagine what gust can do

i don't think gust will be riding. i'm pretty sure if he goes to polaris it will be solely to take a managin postion although i would love to see what he can do on the mxr that bike has come a long way under the rath crew and it could really use someone like gust to shake off the bad name its picked up.

madskrillz2
10-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
If thats the case, then Dustin won't have to adjust much considering both them guys were with Team Suzuki the last 2 seasons.....don't really see how it's down grade.

Are you serious? So you're saying Lost Creek Cycles wouldn't be a down grade from Team Suzuki?:huh

LTR450_#67
10-01-2009, 04:49 PM
In terms of who's working on and tuning the machine.....No not much. But for R&D time, materials and unobtanium yeah. I still think Dustin will be as fast reguardless.

TrapZ400
10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I was looking at the entry list and Cody Miller is on there listed to be riding a Can Am and his only sponsor that he listed was Walsh Racing. So maybe Cody got a deal to ride for Walsh. Anyone know anymore about this?

madskrillz2
10-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
In terms of who's working on and tuning the machine.....No not much. But for R&D time, materials and unobtanium yeah. I still think Dustin will be as fast reguardless.

Ah ok. Yeah I agree with you there. I just thought you meant it wouldn't be any different at all.

woodsracer144
10-03-2009, 08:44 PM
ok... just so i get all this straight... zuki and kawi drop the factory team and are just backing big factoys IE Yoshi and LCC gust is out a ride and might be with zuki?

Is Bill ballance done ridin now too? its really sad to see ATV racing taking a hit like this but at the same time i think its crazy what the riders get paid... and i also think its a little out of hand...

is Zuki and Kawi in a bind with money?

is goodman still racin or is he out... i thought houser was a big sponsor for him... i think im gonna have to call my man at the dealer and see what he can tell me...

extremeblastr
10-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
ok... just so i get all this straight... zuki and kawi drop the factory team and are just backing big factoys IE Yoshi and LCC gust is out a ride and might be with zuki?

Is Bill ballance done ridin now too? its really sad to see ATV racing taking a hit like this but at the same time i think its crazy what the riders get paid... and i also think its a little out of hand...

is Zuki and Kawi in a bind with money?

is goodman still racin or is he out... i thought houser was a big sponsor for him... i think im gonna have to call my man at the dealer and see what he can tell me...

from what i've been told gust "retired" but might be with polaris as a manager next season. i was told that the suzuki would field their team through yoshi NOT lost creek but that could be a tossup as there are now rumors popping up that lost creek is getting the deal. i've heard absolutely zip about ballance retiring or losing his ride but you never know. as for the money thing i don't think they are having money problems its just that this is an unneccesary expense as they see little to no reflection in sales.

woodsracer144
10-04-2009, 10:03 AM
bikes loosing the support like the quads are?

ProspectorJim
10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
bikes loosing the support like the quads are?

not to the same extent, but yes. The bikes will bounce back once the economy gets going again. The quads will most likely take a while.

John Noftsinger
10-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Mark my words Chads going to destroy that can-am on the track ,you watch he,ll snap that quad in two this coming season HA HA.