PDA

View Full Version : Turning Auto Subscirbe OFF!

thedeatons
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Can you guys please reset the defaults so that I do not automatically subscribe to every thread I post in? Then I get TONS of emails about replies, and it is anoying....

If I want to subscribe I can check a box, but I should NOT be automatically subscribed to the thread.

I realize there is a box I can uncheck that says do not subscribe. But doing that for every post is VERY tedious....

Shouldn't it be the other way around, take an extra step if you want to be subscribed?

As far as I know I cannot change the default in my Control Panel.

Other than that this is a great board to be a member of.

James

Pappy
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
You set up your options in your control panel.....

thedeatons
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey, I just realized this is the checked box down below:

Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies. Only registered users are eligible.

I am also being subscribed automatically though, so my first post still applies...

James

Pappy
09-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Just select the option that doesnt send you notifications...its pretty easy. Once selected, save the changes and your set.

You will also need to go into your user control panel and unsubscribe to any threads previously selected to recieve notifications.....

thedeatons
09-30-2009, 10:53 PM
This is what I see:

Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in. yes no

It is and has been set to NO...

I am still receiving emails though.... ?????

James

10-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

You will also need to go into your user control panel and unsubscribe to any threads previously selected to recieve notifications.....

do this and they should end

thedeatons
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
They do end, until I reply to something again, then the emails pour in again.

Let me wait a couple more days and see what happens....

James

Pappy
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
What your getting now is replies to threads that you were subscibed to but havent yet unsubscribed to.