PDA

View Full Version : How much to pay to have gussets welded?

NacsMXer
09-29-2009, 10:41 AM
This is my first time dealing with frame gussets and i'd like to have them installed right, professionally.

I have a Bare performance gusset kit that needs to be installed in a 400EX frame. I'm going to be calling around locally at some welding businesses for price quotes and i'm curious what you guys think is a reasonable fee for this job?

So, how much is too much? What do you think is a fair price?

Thanks, I appreciate your input :)

Pappy
09-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Tell whom ever you call that it takes about an hour...most will use their hourly rate + a bit.

smr
09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
I notice you are in Ill. What part? If your close enough I can do it for you. If you all ready have the gusset it want be very much. I will PM you a price.'

I'm in Western Ky about 1.5 hours from Paducah.

Pipeless416
09-29-2009, 02:56 PM
can you wait till the weeks between thanksgiving and christmas? i'll already be bringing my frame down for gussets and powder then.. whats another one? lol.. seriously though, if you want to wait that long, ive got a guy that gives me half off on pc, and i enjoy welding every chance i get.

ps- for mine, i'm going to have them blast the frame, then i'm going to take it back and check it over to make sure there aren't any cracks, then do the gussets, then i'll bring it back to them. let me know if you're interested. i'm from mchenry btw.

NacsMXer
09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
smr, I appreciate the offer but i'm in northern IL. Thank you though ;)

And Pipeless416, i'm trying to get all this done ASAP so I can get at least one ride in before the seasons over. Again, I do appreciate the offer. I have a PC shop in Delavan, WI about 30 minutes north of me that I may take the frame for powder. There's actually a welding shop literally right next to the PC place, so I may just have them tackle it. Had no idea you were from McHenry, I live like 15 minutes from you lol.

Pipeless416
09-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
smr, I appreciate the offer but i'm in northern IL. Thank you though ;)

And Pipeless416, i'm trying to get all this done ASAP so I can get at least one ride in before the seasons over. Again, I do appreciate the offer. I have a PC shop in Delavan, WI about 30 minutes north of me that I may take the frame for powder. There's actually a welding shop literally right next to the PC place, so I may just have them tackle it. Had no idea you were from McHenry, I live like 15 minutes from you lol.

alright man, sounds good. we should definitely set up a fox valley ride sometime. im hoping for sometime over thanksgiving.. an atvriders ride would be sweet. let me know if you'd be interested. i'm in the same situation as you were.. i can't decide on pc colors! haha

300ex mxracer
09-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Where at in northern illinois? I could weld it for you for not much. Im in Glendale heights right now at UTI but my welder is at home in Rock falls