PDA

View Full Version : quick question about controls/pkb/msr clutch perch....hurry!

300EXrider02
01-13-2003, 05:10 PM
ok, i took off the pkb, and put the blockoff on, but the pkb is jsut hanging there becasue i cant get it out of the quad, it is still attatched to the clutch lever, along wiht all other cables...what and how do i get rid of the cables, what are they? and there are 2 wires going into the kill switch/starter wire tube...do i cut them? i need to replace the whole clutch assembly and put my msr raptor clutch perch in instead of stock one....so all wires except clutch calbe need to go....please tell me how to do this...thanks....the quad is in pieces

400MXer
01-13-2003, 06:13 PM
On mine, i cut those two wires and spliced them together. this eliminates the saftey feature that won't let you start your quad unless the clutch lever is pulled in...it makes you quad thing the clutch is always pulled in basically. and the parking brake cable should pull through.

300EXrider02
01-13-2003, 07:59 PM
ok but what about my pk/clutch assembly is not, the wire or cable is not coming apart from the assembly, i screwed it out all the way but still wont come out

Wingnut
01-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
i screwed it out all the way but still wont come out

The part that screws out is not part of the cable. You are just putting more tension on the cable and that is why it won't come out. You need to screw it all the way in.

toby400ex
01-13-2003, 09:09 PM
there are many many threads about this, ive replyed to at least 4:huh

jay's 300
01-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Screw that part all of the way in and take your factory perch off and that wire should come right out. Yeah, just splice those two wires together, but make sure you pull your clutch in when you go to start it cause it will try to start while in gear after that. :D