PDA

View Full Version : ktm 250sxf or yz250f?

Jake250ex
09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I know you guys hate these threads but I do to and I wouldnt be making it if I wasnt torn. (yes i read the other thread on the SX-F)

Ive got 2 offers that im really interested in on trading my quad and their both 2008's. A ktm sx-f and a yz250f.

I would go to the bike sites but im a rookie and they get into mm's of sag and this and that and I just lose interest cause I cant relate.

So, heres the scoop. Im a rookie on a bike. I rode my friends stock 08 yz250f and loved it. Never rode a ktm. Both bikes have very little hours and are pretty much stock. The ktm has a step seat and the foam in the tank and the yzf has graphics.

The KTM does look a little cleaner.

I will be doin XC racing, mostly woods riding and a little MX/jumping. Im mostly looking for something that will make me feel more confident and I can learn to ride quickly. The yami appeals to me cause I know their so popular you can find parts anywhere. Ive read good things about the KTM too, but some say its quirky and a powerhouse and that kinda scared me away from it.

Whatever bike I get im gonna have the suspension done and set up for me and probly just throw a pipe on.

let me kno what you guys think, thanks

dirtbike&quad
09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
ive road my sxf250, as well as... crf250, yzf250, rmx250 and kxf250 and i am in long with my sxf. I am a bit biased but I think its the best 250 out there...stock it pulls away from some pipped 250s. from the factory it is the most race ready bike, the tuning is phenomenal and the suspension (altho mine is revalved) is amazing too (you shouldnt need to get yours redone unless you really want to...)

the sxf250 is great in the trails despite the massive powerhouse of an engine. the sxf doesnt "like" to be revved high a lot but i dont see any problems with mine in the trails when im clutching and revving.

if i were you i would go with the sxf considering in 08 it has the new frame design etc etc and you said it yourself it is the cleaner of the two bikes.

best of luck in your choice, sounds like you cant go wrong either way

mxduner
09-29-2009, 11:43 PM
He won't go wrong either way, both great bikes. I wouldn't waste money on a pipe, as a beginner you will never use the full power of these machines. Spend the money on ergonomics, and even more on riding schools!

KXRida
09-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Both good bikes. The yzf will have a pretty decent motor but handle a lot better than the sxf, but the sxf will probably have a stronger motor. Take your bike, ride both and decide. I'd go with the yzf personally.

jesseweaver
09-30-2009, 05:08 PM
i'd go with the yzf also. handling is a lot more important than power. especially with a beginner on a 250f.

but i've never riden an sxf so i can't give too much input :ermm: