PDA

View Full Version : mods???

HondaRider07
09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
is there any other mods i could do to up the performance? i would rather not bore the engine so if there is anything else let me know!!!

VTredneckgames
09-29-2009, 07:17 AM
sparks timing key (unless the BG box does it)

open up the air box lid
amr monster coil
stage1 or 2 cam

buster024
09-29-2009, 04:49 PM
That's a pretty open ended question. This entire site is dedicated to improving your riding experience. As far as performance mods, your bike is pretty close to stock so....
In my opinion, suspension suspension suspension is the best performance mod you can buy. After that it's up for debate, but there are a million things to improve it. Sparks key, 450 carb, wider arms or longer swingarm.....all of these will pretty dramatically improve your bike.

odog
09-29-2009, 05:05 PM
a cheap good mod will be to switch out your sprokets if you want more top end go up a tooth on your front sprocket it makes a big difference when your on a long stretch or if u want more torque go down a tooth on your front spocket it will get u out of corners quicker

Bill Martin
10-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Try to find some used parts from your local ATV organizations or friends.
You will be amazed at what a +2 front and back will do for you.
I found a Lone star +2 axel with all the stuff to go with it and JD +2 a-arms, a set of 450 front shocks all for $400.00.

For that $400.00 I can go into a corner a full gear higher then before the mods.

The rear shock will do for a while unless you want to go big.

There is nothing wrong with used parts I have saved Thousands that way.
If you are looking for more power then go with a 416 bore, a recreational P&P 11-1 or 12-1 piston with a stage 2 cam. This will run you around $1000.00
I know you don’t want to do that but your not going to get much more power unless you do.
That’s what I have and it's still very reliable, two years on this build and I dog the **** out of it and so far so good.

So for $1400.00 you will have a reliable kick *** 400ex.

As for the gearing if you don’t do the engine mods you won’t have the power to go with a higher gearing. When you go from 20’s to 18’s on the back you lose the top end speed. I like to change the rear sprocket instead of the front, because you can get a better ratio that way. If you go one tooth on the front it’s like two on the back. I run stock on the front and a 36 tooth on the back. But with out the engine mods the 36 tooth will not pull out of the corners good. And only get the cheep steal sprockets they last the longest. I use Suntech.

Unfortunately your going to need to spend a little money.

Hope that helps!!