PDA

View Full Version : broke again never gets better..

wckedclownz69
09-29-2009, 12:53 AM
well i broke a piece in my side case wht holds one of the cam sliders in... and broke a tooth of the crank gear... and destroyed cam chain..im getting the holder welded back on and im going to try something pretty insane dno if it will work but gonna weld a new tooth on the crank gear..and dremel it to perfect fit.. anyone tried this or is it a major risk? ill put pics up of the mess...

hondaracing_13
09-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Major risk on the crank tooth. I wouldn't try it sounds like just asking for more trouble.

Scro
09-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by hondaracing_13
Major risk on the crank tooth. I wouldn't try it sounds like just asking for more trouble.

x2. It's not going to get any better trying to fix it like that. Spend the dough now to fix it the right way. It will be much cheaper in the long run. It won't take much for tooth to come off again and cause even more damage.

09-29-2009, 11:53 AM
I say try it only cause its not my money or bike. and if it holds up than you know you can do it, if not we all know what not to do in that situation. ive seen worse. i actually saw i guy weld a cam chain back together and put it in his bike.

wckedclownz69
09-29-2009, 02:19 PM
but what im thinking is it should work.. cuz all the other teeth will be taking most of the stress

hendershot106
09-30-2009, 11:16 AM
actually, if the small clearance isnt perfectly exact the same as all of the other teeth on the crank ...that tooth you weld on and dremel out will be burdened with more force than the other symmetrical teeth.... think of it as leverage.. its a 99% guarentee to fail...unless somehow you can manage to "dremel" within .002 in and have the same pitch, depth, and length as the other "teeth"

buckeye53
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
don't waste your time unless your bored and have nothing else to do then go for it