PDA

View Full Version : poping lose of power then fouls plug?

shagz321
09-28-2009, 06:05 PM
hey everyone my 91 seems to have a problem, when ideling it runs fine even if you hit the gas but twice now when i take off it takes off good then goes right to loosing power then pops a few times, if i pull clutch in and hit the gas it sounds fine but let clutch out no power pops then dies. i pull the plug and it dont look bad but its maybe oil fould out no spark, put new plug in and it runs great again for a few days. then back to fouling plug. it was running 20:1 mix but i changed to 32:1 befor it fouled second plug, i did check air cleaner it preaty dirty so i ordered a k&n not on yet, do you think that might be the problem or should i be looking for something else. thanks

headache
09-29-2009, 12:51 PM
damn 20:1 oil ratio will foul plugs but motor will run forever lol. i run all my motors a 40:1 with no problems. Be sure to keep your air filter clean and make sure that your air screw is adjusted properly. What all mods does the motor have?

shagz321
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
its stock bore with pro lite piston and cool head not sure what dome size yet, it has a dyno port pipe and silince, i wasnt sure what mix to run without being to lean the old owner ran 20:1, the quadracer hq forums said 32:1, my brother runs his 50:1 with no problems. other then the new k&n am putting on this week its stock for now of corse

tommygunnz
10-28-2009, 05:58 PM
check out ur main jet size

tyleroar
12-09-2009, 04:54 AM
take your bowls off shoot some brake clean through your jets i bet there is trash in your main. that is free and sounds likely to be the problem. especially if it started during the middle of a ride if it ran fine before and there was no elevation changes

tyleroar
12-09-2009, 02:49 PM
whoops sorry thought this was a banshee forum clicked the wrong on im out of my league here i would still blow though your main and pilot you said your filter was bad