PDA

View Full Version : 01 Kasea 50 - Need Help

scurbdog
09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
lift rear tires the bike runs excellent -
put the bike on the ground -no power
idle sounds funny -put my 6 year old son on the bike push 10-15 ft and the bike will run excellent until it comes to a complete stop or going slow enough to where it will not climb a hill
have put in new pistons and rings
have thoroughly cleaned carb.
checked reeds
any ideas?? I am lost

09-28-2009, 05:15 PM
It sounds like your rear torsion spring is bad. You will need a new one. Get a koso from Maximum Rpm prolly a 1000. This should get you fixed up.

scurbdog
09-28-2009, 05:43 PM
where is the torsion spring located ???

09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
It is in the clutch cover on the rear clutch. If you take the kick starter cover off the clutch is the one torwards the rear wheels. Take off rubber o ring and that nut. Then take off your bell and there is a 1 1/2 inch nut that hold this together. When you go to take this nut off becareful that is where the spring is. Once off you will see the big spring. Put the new one in and reverse method. If you need any help just let me know thanks.

scurbdog
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
I really appreciate all of your help - do you think this rear torsion spring will solve the idle problem??? and is another name for this spring the compression spring??

09-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Did you put the arrow down when installing piston? Did you take out your pilot jet and really clean it? The torque spring controls what gear your in. If its bad you might be taking off in 2nd or 3rd gear. I know its an automatic but it like changes gears as the belt travels up or down. No this wont effect idle. But your pilot jet will. thanks let me know.

raptorobbie
09-29-2009, 06:37 AM
when you cleaned the carb - did you remove the air/fuel mix screw and did you put it back to where it originally was? If your mix screw is off that will mess w/ your idle and power. let us know....

mxdad423
09-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Definatley make sure you put the piston in the right direction, Like Toby said the arrow on the piston needs to be facing down towards the exhaust.
Did this problem exist before rebuild? I'm guessing it did that's probably why you rebuilt it.
The rear spring has very little impact on the shifting, the shifting is mainly controlled by the weights and variator, (Front part of clutch, weights are inside the variator)
To me it sounds more like carburation, could be air screw setting like previously stated or to large or to small of a pilot jet. Pull the spark plug and see if it is really black or really white.
Is this machine all stock?

Kevin Smitley