PDA

View Full Version : Quote please

88redrocket
09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi, I was wondering how much it would cost to do a 250r stator cover chrome pc, and will this hold up to the wear and tear from my boot since its on the shifter side?

Thanks

Pappy
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
$25

Take a look at the cover now. If your boot is gouging into the cover now, think of how it will look with a coating. Chrome is better for these but even it can get scratched bad if the shifter is to far in and the boot makes contact non stop.

Ive seen some that look new after alot of use so thats why i ask what your cover looks like now. Some come in here with an actual wear mark into the cover:p

88redrocket
09-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I took it off and painted it with PJ1 case paint a while back and the paint wore right off around the shifter area. It doesnt look gouged or anything, kinda has that natural polished look to it. $25 sounds good though. Does that include return shipping? and what payment method do you prefer, paypal ok? . I will update this thread tomorrow when i send it out. Thanks

Pappy
09-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Return shipping would be $8

Paypal is fine bkperformance@verizon.net

That polished look is where your boot or the inside of the shifter rubs the cover....ANY finish you apply WILL wear there. Now you can check to make sure the shifter isnt bent inwards to far towards the cover, I have seen that alot. I could blow smoke up your skirt and tell you it wont have a problem but I believe in being 110% honest with folks and hate to see money spent on something that in a few rides will look hashed due to this type of wear, but I will happily do it if you would like it done

88redrocket
09-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I just got back from the post office, You should be seeing it within the next couple days. I included a note in the box with my return address and i will paypal you the $33 today. I looked at the shifter and its not touching the cover so it is from my boot rubbing on it. I understand this is a high wear area and thats fine if it wears. Im sure the pc will last longer than that darn case paint ive been using:D

Thanks again

Chad Donovan-Hall
Huntington,Ma

250r stator cover--chrome pc

Pappy
09-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Roger that!

Sjorge450R
09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Pappy. That 450r clutch cover you sent me a while back when i broke mine (I think you said cody Pc'd it) Still looks BRAND new after 3 years of riding.... well it is gloss black, but i just thought that i would let you know that it still looks good.

Pappy
09-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Haha thats cool...but I still prefer to tell folks what they may encounter....that way if there is an issue they arent wanting me dead:blah:

Pappy
10-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Part has arrived safe and sound

88redrocket
10-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Hey pappy any updates?

Pappy
10-16-2009, 07:19 AM
I just got back from Indiana and the cover should be ready for me to coat. I am working this afternoon so monday it will ship out for ya

88redrocket
10-16-2009, 07:24 AM
ok sounds good thank you