PDA

View Full Version : precision stabilizer pro vs std

quad71
09-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Is the pro that much better :confused:

Colby@C&DRacing
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
That depends if you race in hot weather or you experience fade. Some of our racers felt they needed to stiffen their std Precision so that it had the desired resistance at the end of the race. I have never felt a change in my std but others do so for them the Pro is a nice advantage

TNT
10-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
That depends if you race in hot weather or you experience fade. Some of our racers felt they needed to stiffen their std Precision so that it had the desired resistance at the end of the race. I have never felt a change in my std but others do so for them the Pro is a nice advantage

I’m pretty sure your friends are hallucinating, most hydraulic oils don’t loose their viscosity until 180 deg F by then the seals are shot! The Pro model is good when you have to mount it by the engine or radiator it has an expansion chamber to keep the viscosity from breaking down prematurely, otherwise you won’t notice a difference save your money.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Actually the oil loosing it viscosity has nothing to do with the change in performance on the precision, it has to do the increase in pressure. Once the ambient temp reaches 80 degrees or more the pressure increase to a level that is noticed.

JParisi48
10-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by TNT
I’m pretty sure your friends are hallucinating, most hydraulic oils don’t loose their viscosity until 180 deg F by then the seals are shot! The Pro model is good when you have to mount it by the engine or radiator it has an expansion chamber to keep the viscosity from breaking down prematurely, otherwise you won’t notice a difference save your money.

OWNED...........lol

TNT
10-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Actually the oil loosing it viscosity has nothing to do with the change in performance on the precision, it has to do the increase in pressure. Once the ambient temp reaches 80 degrees or more the pressure increase to a level that is noticed.

Who told you that oil pressurizes @ 80 deg and looses properties, what hydraulic oil are you referring to? Look @ what temp oil expands @ to cause pressure it's no where near 80. It's an incompressable fluid before 180 and expands around 180. We better inform the auto, aricraft, etc....if it breaks down @ 80 we got a crisis! Don't fly on airplanes. lol!

I talk at length with Precision about the pro vs std, he recommends in it places that are very hot, but if you look at the general specs and do some reading it's definitely about viscosity thats the property you are referring to as "fade" from heat when the oil foams it looses viscosity breaks down and can not produce work.

We own two 05 stardards mounted one by the engine behind the radiator on a DS450 never notice a difference between it and a YAM450 not mounted by the engine or radiator just in ambient air. I'd say the DS mount is seeing at least 150 so if it were to loose properties @ 80 it be worthless @ 150 and it runs perfect!

Colby@C&DRacing
10-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Actually I am just pulling info out of the air. This is the way that George at precision has described it to me. Sorry for not being an engineer. LOL

TNT
10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
No prob I just find the stuff interesting wasn't trying to rattle your cage......lol!

Colby@C&DRacing
10-02-2009, 08:58 AM
No you are correct I was stating incorrect info. Being a shock guy I should have put more thought into my post. Oil is incompressible and pressure will not change. I agree some people can feel things that others don't I and not real sensitive to thing some people and feel the most minor change I make to their setup.

TNT
10-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Well listen to what good ol George has to say we go back to the same era and line of work, very sharp man knows more than I do about this stuff, we agreed on all we discussed very good product I recommend it highly!

quadbod
10-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Aahhh, glad your both friends again.;) :p

TNT
10-03-2009, 06:02 PM
LMAO! You guys are all right! :D