PDA

View Full Version : dont to to collings lakes in nj anytime soon

bigsho400
01-13-2003, 04:35 PM
went to collings lakes again w/ like 15 guys i ride with. normally the cops arent bad. sunday 1-12 (yesterday) there were state troopers in cars everywhere we went. they were a t the entrance to every pit and they openend up 1 of the gates and chased us we just dipped into the woods. they had a flat bed w/ 4 quads impounded on the back of it. every where we ran the cops were there. this is in addition to the tickets we got before (they didnt catch us then they just left atv tickets on our windshields) how can they prove we were riding when they didnt see or catch us?its Bull sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!just a warning

kc 300EX
01-13-2003, 04:57 PM
STUPID JERSEY!!!!
NY isnt far behind....:mad:

killed300ex
01-14-2003, 06:12 AM
That sucks man try to convince them that you were ther taking a walk. Lol it might work and yes i do beleive that they have to see you and give you the ticket just a question how much were the tickets for? Cause if its alot and dont want it on your record then get a lawyer and go to court. If its under 100 just pay it thats my thought at least.
killed

MR Obvious
01-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by bigsho400
went to collings lakes again w/ like 15 guys i ride with. normally the cops arent bad. sunday 1-12 (yesterday) there were state troopers in cars everywhere we went. they were a t the entrance to every pit and they openend up 1 of the gates and chased us we just dipped into the woods. they had a flat bed w/ 4 quads impounded on the back of it. every where we ran the cops were there. this is in addition to the tickets we got before (they didnt catch us then they just left atv tickets on our windshields) how can they prove we were riding when they didnt see or catch us?its Bull sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!just a warning

From what I gather from your post it is not legal to ride at "Collings Lakes". If this is true, then ,why do you go there to ride? It is no wonder that ATV'ers have a bad name with this "I'll ride where I want to" attitude.:grr
I suggest you join or start an ATV club and try to do something positive for the ATV community. Ride only in legal areas and try to open other areas legally.
If you choose not to do so, please sell your quad as you are only giving the opposition more ammo to shut down the "legal" riding areas.

P.S. So, you rode there and got a ticket. Accept the consequences . Be a man, pay the ticket, learn from your mistake, Don't go back.

YamaWarr0121
01-14-2003, 03:22 PM
man this sucks, yo could u tell me like wher eyour coming from? im coming from like folsom area, hammonton RR tracks, ill be there friday night, i never had a problem before but ill be on the polaris this time so i cant run even if i had the chance..
damn this sucks those pits were awesome to ride at, you ever been any pits in folsom? must be around 4 there

bigsho400
01-14-2003, 03:44 PM
never been to folsom if u know where to go pm me and we can meet up

and mr obvious the cops that i talked to from the area said that they wouldnt break anyones balls if we stay in the woods and not on the roads so no that doesnt give atv'ers like u a bad name.i wouldnt have been there if i thought it was a big deal but i talked to 2 state police while they were on patrol while i was ridin and they didnt care guess someone changed their mind:devil