PDA

View Full Version : 02 rancher reverse problems

HondaRider07
09-28-2009, 12:13 PM
have an 02 rancher all time 4x4 with electric shift. the reverse quit working on the electric shift but the manual reverse lever still works. has been through some water recently...might be part of it but not sure. any ideas???

400exc
09-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Has you been through high water? When you take electric shift machines through high water they tend to not work until the quad dries off. My guess is you probably went though some high water for a long period of time? That might have done it.

HondaRider07
09-28-2009, 04:32 PM
its been dry for a week or so and still not working?!?! the water was just below the exhaust so nothing to crazy.

HondaRider07
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
all it was was some of the connections needed cleaning

TheFontMaster
10-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Wich connections did you need to clean. I have a quad that is having the same exact problem. all 5 forward gears work great, just no reverse. It kinda has me a lil stumped because with all the electronics there's still just a manual cable for reverse, and no electric sensors that I could see.

HondaRider07
10-15-2009, 06:41 AM
every one you can find. the ones that are important are the ones consented to the main computer board. look at the schematic in the manual at it will show you where the connections are at.

mustangguy6703
03-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Your angle sensor can also do this. Does it shift at all?

atv_repair
03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
If your machine is shifting regularly but not going in reverse it couldn't be the angle sensor. I've seen this problem many times on the ranchers. On the back of the motor at the bottom I think under the pull rope cover there is one little electrical wire with a boot on it that plugs in if you get under the machine and look you should see where it goes slide it on and take some pliers to mash it and tighten it they come off often and cause the machine not to go in reverse. Let me know how it goes

jkl2010
12-08-2010, 04:13 PM
On the back and bottom of the engine there is a swith that the reverse button activates. There is a wire that plugs in they sometimes come off or get a bad connection. This happened to mine and I spent hours figuring it out.