PDA

View Full Version : Opinion please....trade ltr for vinson?

LuckyOxygen
09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I have an 06 ltr with a few minor mods and in great shape. I have been wanting to trade straight across for a 4x4, and I've had no luck. I found an 07 camo vinson 500. The speedo on it "dont work" so I am clueless about the hrs or miles on it. I rode the snot out of it for about 10 min and liked it. But I just really wanted to kno if anyone has a vinson and what you think about it. Thanks!

extremeblastr
09-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
I have an 06 ltr with a few minor mods and in great shape. I have been wanting to trade straight across for a 4x4, and I've had no luck. I found an 07 camo vinson 500. The speedo on it "dont work" so I am clueless about the hrs or miles on it. I rode the snot out of it for about 10 min and liked it. But I just really wanted to kno if anyone has a vinson and what you think about it. Thanks!

if it runs good and its what your looking for i say take it as for the speedo that should be an incredibly simple fix, chances are the wheel speed sensor was never plugged in by the dealer. there should be a set of wires that leads from one of the front wheels (usually the right) and should end in a plug just pull the front plastics (may not even need to) and find the other set of wires that plugs in there.

LuckyOxygen
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
The speedo is electric..

extremeblastr
09-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
The speedo is electric..

it still requires a wheel speed sensor unless your saying the entire display doesn't work thats different then the speedo/odo not working.

SRH
09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
id personally sell it and buy a grizzly or can am of some sort

id be curious about the speedo situation, also if hes loooking for a 450 hes probably ridden it a little bit harder than the avg joe

09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
I think ONE other person had a vinson on here other then us..

We have a 2006 Camo that we just got. Semi-automatic.

We only took it on one ride, but it seems like a great quad. The suspension rides beautiful, it drifts like a sportquad due to the straight axle, and I like the styling. The 4x4 works well, and even when the radiator was covered in coal mud it never overheated or anything.

Has tons of torque in low-range. And it actually has a true limited-slip front end, not just an open rear that they call a "limited slip"

Overall we love it. Wish it had a hair more power, but for trails it's great.

dehner47
09-29-2009, 03:05 PM
not trying to sound like a fool (i'm sure alot of ya already think i am) but who or what is a vinson?? i'm taking it its a 4X4 quad from what i'm gathering from the last few post. but can someone give me a picture or something so i can see what yall are talking about. :confused: :ermm: :(

extremeblastr
09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
here ya go dehner http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q201/pqc711/suzuki-vinson-LTF500FK6-2006-Green1.jpg

09-29-2009, 05:13 PM
It's a 500cc 4x4.

It dominated the 500 class against the sportsman/honda/etc. The reviews loved it. And it seems to be a pretty nice quad.

Only the 03's had issues with breaking case's because a lack of a stabilizer on the start bearing or gear. Forget. Which caused sideways pressure and broke the case. But that was resolved.