PDA

View Full Version : wow honda

wckedclownz69
09-27-2009, 07:10 PM
why cant the cam chain gear be removed from the crank... it's so dumb... i don't know why they made it like that... i broke 1 tooth off and if i cant have my welder make a new one i have to buy a whole new crank... really dissapoints me...it's very hard steel too so im hoping it will work...good tip too everyone... loctite is a mans best friend...i tore my whole motor apart today... major pain in the but... and what else i don't get all 450r's higher then the year 04/05 up dont have a inbetween the case gasket... why do the 04/05 have one...

TCRACING425EX
09-27-2009, 07:36 PM
it is cheaper, and strong to manufacture the cam gear sprocket directly to the cranks. and as far as the gasket. they might have gotten into better machining and with that are able to creat a smoother surface making the gasket unnecessary, just a dab of liquid gasket will work fine.

wckedclownz69
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
true and they can make a ton of money off having it already mounted too.. and that's what i was saying liquid gasket is the same if not better..oh well ill just keep the old one on since i didn't hurt it and put some liquid on too...

TCRACING425EX
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM
LIQUID GASKET IS NOT THE SAME NOR ANYWHERE NEAR SUPERIOR!!! in fact its frowned apon by all the mechanics i know. sure it works if done correctly..... but if not (to much applied) it will squish into the engine break off and clog oil passages starving the engine of oil. liquid gasket is a cheap fix and wont take the place of a normal gasket.

wckedclownz69
09-27-2009, 08:24 PM
ya but depends which kind your using too... honda makes a really good brand same with zuki... not stringy and just like tooth paste and grey color... idno i still like gaskets... new at the shop and they all use liquid and just started using it...

d3ktrix
09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by TCRACING425EX
LIQUID GASKET IS NOT THE SAME NOR ANYWHERE NEAR SUPERIOR!!! in fact its frowned apon by all the mechanics i know. sure it works if done correctly..... but if not (to much applied) it will squish into the engine break off and clog oil passages starving the engine of oil. liquid gasket is a cheap fix and wont take the place of a normal gasket.

Yup I've seen that happen, tore down my friends 08 R engine and there was chunks of orange sealer in his oil pick up filter. Didn't cause any damage though.

Scro
09-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Every 06+ motor I've had/seen has had a middle gasket. The part number is 11191-HP1-600.