PDA

View Full Version : clutch update a success

craigmacphee
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that heard me ***** and moan all summer, that I finally got my clutch update completed. Been a long wait, since May 12th. Since I raced all summer with it how it was, without the update, I also had them replace my backet, springs, and other 8 clutch plates while they had it apart. Now I virtually have a new clutch. It worked flawlessly today, did not squeal and squeek, hooked up hard, and seemed to run very efficient overall. Now, if I could have kept the rubber side down, I could have given you a better race result report. :)

Anyway, now it's time to do some engine building! :) Had a great summer while riding my DS.

xrxmxcx
09-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Glad to hear it worked well for you! I hope you realize now that the update is done it is time to upgrade from the stock basket to an aftermarket one if you plan to do any engine modifications. The stock will work fine with the basics of intake, exhaust, and whatnot, but is a stretch running a motor with more compression.

ds450racer
09-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Ive had quite a bit of engine work done and am still running on a stock clutch. And i use the clutch a hell of a lot too.

xrxmxcx
09-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Some say it will last, some say it won't. Not going to argue the durability of the stock clutch w/ 09 update, because I have run it through the whole season as well, but on a stock motor. From first hand experience with a bike that wasn't mine, I have heard of and seen baskets with the rivet's falling out of them or shearing off, and baskets virtually shattering.

blaster99
09-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I would say get a new clutch basket, preferably motoworks. When you put more power to it, it wont hold as well.