PDA

View Full Version : apex 50 ?

rmuscle
09-27-2009, 05:29 PM
i have heard that the apex 50 come sometimes with different pipes on them . on is like a 90 pipe and not sure what the other one is like but i guess it doesnt run as good. was wondering if anyone had the answer to this , and if any one knows wich pipe is the one that is legal to run in 50 limited

redonkulousruntsracing
09-28-2009, 07:22 AM
I have an Apex 50 and so does a friend of mine. I have seen 4 different 50's and the pipes all look different. I should say, the head pipes. The actual pipe that comes off the head pipe to the rear of the quad all look pretty similar. I bought my Apex strictly based on ATVA rules, and it is legal with what it comes with on it. I cant see as there is much difference in the pipes. My son and his bud with the other 50 always are running right with each other, but that is way out in front of the competition (other brands). For a 50, these things rip!!! They both beat 70's last weekend, and some of the 70's had work done to them. Just tune in what you have and you should be good, they are a little touchy, but once you get them dialed in , they rock!

rmuscle
09-28-2009, 11:51 AM
How about the width. I have heard and seen that they are over the 41" max limit. I do not own one just inquiring
Thanks

rmuscle
09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
How about the width. I have heard and seen that they are over the legal 41" max width. I don't own one but just inquiring

redonkulousruntsracing
09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
41" on the money!! There were pre '09 50's that were 44" wide but the ones made legal for the 50 limited class are truly 41" wide. My bad on thinking you owned one.