PDA

View Full Version : War draft...

tants
01-13-2003, 12:55 PM
we've been talking about the draft the us may have in history for the passed week. is anyone afriad of this? im only 15 and they only draft ages 18-26 (correct me if im wrong, teacher told me that) what are your opinions about this whole thing?

quadlessmike
01-13-2003, 01:04 PM
I dont think they should do a draft. If people realy wanted to be in it they would join!!

DESDAK4
01-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Being in the military I say no I do not think they should restart a draft. The main reason I feel this way is because I do not want a person who was forced to come in and is mad about it to be the guy that is supposed to have my back but is really sitting there woundering why this happened to him then we both get taken out. So I say just give me the people who really want to fight for our country.

Jay
USAF

MSL
01-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Right now there is no need for a draft there are plenty of brave men and women joining without a draft.

I want to thank the men and women that fight for our freedom.
God be with you.

MichaelS693
01-13-2003, 01:34 PM
i aint scared if they need me ill go i dont have any problem with goin into war to defend my country:D :macho

250exer
01-13-2003, 04:38 PM
I spent 5 years active Air Force and another 8 years in the reserves. The last 5 years in the reserves, I was assigned to the Selective Service System. I recruited and trained volunteer board members that would decide if you would get a deferment if you requested one. Some thoughts:

I agree on no need for draft right now.

If we had a draft, the rules are more equitable now than during the Vietnam era.

I wouldn't be opposed to all young people being required to do a short (18-24 months) "public service" job, be it military or working in a VA hospital or whatever. Not likely to happen though.

When you turn 18, register. The odds of reinstating the draft are very slim and you are locked out of certain government programs and jobs if you haven't.

At present, you are clear after age 26, but within reason, the rules can always be changed to match the need.

To those of you serving in any branch, I tip my hat.

tants
01-13-2003, 04:42 PM
right now there is no need for a draft...

but with the whole korea thing right now that they want to pull out of a agreement, which will be an act of war. fello's were at war right now if you relieze it or not.

in a few years ya never no if we need a draft or not

Pappy
01-13-2003, 04:54 PM
tants....i will take yer place....i can pass for 18 :devil

tants
01-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
tants....i will take yer place....i can pass for 18 :devil

:confused:

01-13-2003, 05:11 PM
I'm 14.. I don't think there should be a draft. By the time they trained all the new draftees, the conflict would be over (nukes, etc..). But if there is a draft, and I'm eligible, I'm off to Canada! :D

tants
01-13-2003, 05:13 PM
wars dont start and end in under a year.

when your 18 a war still might be going on

and u'll be drafted :o

flyin#5
01-13-2003, 05:17 PM
i guess when or if it comes down to it its not going to matter what we think. ill go if i have too but if i do im grabbing one of those stars and stripes cannondales and roost some middle east arse with and m-16 in one hand and the other going full throttle up the dunes.:macho :devil

zephead400ex
01-13-2003, 05:18 PM
I want to thank the men and women that fight for our freedom.

You men and women ROCK! Go kick some *****!!!

Just think, after we kick some ***** in the M.E., there will be a lot more dunes to ride!

bluebaron
01-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by hondafox400
. But if there is a draft, and I'm eligible, I'm off to Canada! :D :grr :rolleyes:

tants
01-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
You men and women ROCK! Go kick some *****!!!

Just think, after we kick some ***** in the M.E., there will be a lot more dunes to ride!

lmao

doctor_915
01-13-2003, 05:25 PM
I myself do not like the idea of the draft. I feel its not fair to everyone in our country.But here are some of my opinions on whats going on with it.
First you know ol W Bush is not going to pass a law this year like everyone has been saying. If any of you have been paying attention to a certain politician from New Mexico who has been pulling for the draft you would know why. You see he figures if he says go for the draft the public outcry will force Bush into not wanting to pass the draft b/c of fear of not being re-elected. One year up think hes gonna go and tick just about everyone off? Nope. Well just a lil thought of mine had to let it out.

infantry317
01-13-2003, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to mandatory military or peace corp service()...Say 2 yr. min. like Israel, Germany and many other nations. As a nation we could use a lot of work, and we're all too self-centered, they're is a big world out there, and it doesn't like us. I think young people should work for some of the freedoms we take for granted. I can talk $#it, I did it. :macho and no, I don't want war, but I don't see any way around it, the rogues must be taken care of. Just my .02 take it worth a grain of salt!

dabombdale
01-13-2003, 05:42 PM
now everyone likes canada lol

Guy400
01-13-2003, 05:44 PM
First off, there will probably never be the need for another draft again. Technology is replacing troops and the only reason we're talking about it is because of that idiot NY politician stirring the pot. Secondly, the way I read the way this new draft is written up is that it would start with 20 year olds, then move onto 21 year olds, then 22, etc, until 26 years old then if the quota was not met they'd go back for the 18 year olds and then the 19 year olds.

I don't think we'll ever see a war like WWII again and the US government learned from Vietnam concerning the use of a draft. We've got precision guided bombs that can replace tons of standard foot soldiers.

tants
01-13-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by dabombdale
now everyone likes canada lol

lol ya. canadian never seems to be in conflict.

they dont F%#K with anyone, no one F%#K's with them...

infantry317
01-13-2003, 05:48 PM
I agree they're probably won't be a draft, as for not needing troops, I've never seen a bomb that can restore democracy and protect the innocent.

Guy400
01-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by infantry317
I agree they're probably won't be a draft, as for not needing troops, I've never seen a bomb that can restore democracy and protect the innocent. I'm not implying that smart weapons will replace all troops. I simply meant that smart weapons have greatly reduced the total number needed. Advances in weaponry means we won't have to have a million men storming the beaches like at Normandy.

Rip_Tear
01-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Glad I live in Canada, I dont think you have anything to worry about, there would be bigger problems then a draft... You all welcome to come live at my house if you need to escape the draft... A few things though... Bring your quad, money, gas... food, women... and no wussy US beer though :p

flyin#5
01-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Tants
lol ya. canadian never seems to be in conflict.

they dont F%#K with anyone, no one F%#K's with them...

good way of putting it lmao. i think we should all just blame canada for all the stuff that goes on in the world! lol jp

Bean
01-13-2003, 05:58 PM
if you left the US to avoid a draft, you should be shot for p*ssyin, i hope you feel so stupid for saying that, after what the good ol US has done for you, all you can do is screw her over, you are gay

and foottroops will always be needed, ya cant bomb your own citys to get ridda bad dudes, i will glady go fight for the US if i have to

infantry317
01-13-2003, 06:00 PM
True, intitially you wouldn't need a huge number, but to occupy Iraq or No. Korea(bad situation, they're on the ropes) would take a lot of troops, hopefully we'd get UN support.

01-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Technology is replacing troops

That is what I meant. With the new kinds of weapons today, if we were ever at a full-scale war with a country, it would probably end very quickly, with us either carpet bombing the **** out of them, or them launching nukes at us..

Striker49
01-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Personally I love my country, but to **** with the draft. Im nearly 17... so I guess I would have to find a college somewhere in Canada. :eek:

If there is one thing I really hate, is someone telling me what to do that Im really against (i.e. killing people)

Ya know, I would rather live than die...and most people would. All Saddam has to do is lay out one bomb full of smallpox or anthrax...then your screwed. :mad:

infantry317
01-13-2003, 06:10 PM
You have to stay and set up a powerful yet "friendly" goverment (puppet) or you end up fighting the same enemy 10yrs later...Does this seam like a familiar situation?...Iraq, Vietnam, Germany?

infantry317
01-13-2003, 06:16 PM
This is my case in point, this situation is bigger than any one person's life. Duty for the safety of others. I guarantee we have covert troops in Iraq already, if they got caught, they're screwed, but they do it for their brothers and their country... Anyway you Canucks got nothing on Sierra Nevada beer! It will peel paint baby! Seriously good beer, and high in alcohol content! :D

bansheeguy77
01-13-2003, 06:30 PM
wow this post seriously has me pissed....i dont know how to word it because i have so much foul language in what i wanna say. well lets put it this way...i dont wanna get killed...but let all the willing people go and sign up and ****....but if it comes down to it and ur country needs you....you dam well better get over there. if you dont like fighting for what you believe in and protecting your own people get the **** out right now.....whoever said go to canada why dont you pack ur **** and go there now? we dont need you wasting our space. this is what has me so pissed off with people today....no pride or respect for anything all they look out for is themselves. like i said if it came down to it go fight....you probably wouldnt see any action anyway....so go to canada now *****s *excuse the language*

bsb64
01-13-2003, 06:53 PM
Right on Bansheeguy!

01-13-2003, 07:01 PM
i got a cricked toe and im duck footed and near sighted ....they wont draft me

i got some quad riding to do too, no way in heck im goin anywhere against my will to get shot at

il go to canada lots of woods and some nice ridin

tants
01-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
i got a cricked toe and im duck footed and near sighted ....they wont draft me

i got some quad riding to do too, no way in heck im goin anywhere against my will to get shot at

il go to canada lots of woods and some nice ridin

me and you both. id spend time with andrew in nova scotia befor i got to any war.

400exrules
01-13-2003, 07:09 PM
even tho im 14, if i was old enough and i got drafted, d@mn i would go in a heart beat, i mean bring it on its an experience of a lifetime plus afterward you could have the pride and honor of knowing wut your did for our country, while others are too scared to join, the ones that do are getting killed for YOU!!! and your hiding. plus just think about how proud your family would be of you...

infantry317
01-13-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm done with this one, just remember if you were in a third world nation you'd probably be in prison for even implying you'd defect. I think we should put this to rest. Just count your blessings ;)

01-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Yea. I just have too much planned to get killed fighting for something I don't strongly believe in. I think Bush needs to keep his nose out of other country's affairs. If you think about it, America is one big capitalist hypocrite. "North Korea, you can't have nuke plants, but we can have 200 of them. Iraq, you can't make weapons, but France it is OK that you have nukes."

01-13-2003, 07:37 PM
wtf do we need nukes 4, it should be i kick yer arse u lose, they should only allow hand to hand combat in war

even tho im 14, if i was old enough and i got drafted, d@mn i would go in a heart beat, i mean bring it on its an experience of a lifetime plus afterward you could have the pride and honor of knowing wut your did for our country, while others are too scared to join, the ones that do are getting killed for YOU!!! and your hiding. plus just think about how proud your family would be of you...

no offense to u or ne one else , but ur like the people u see on the old war movies in the ditch crying for mama , ur tough til u get there and go throught what they go through , i couldnt do it and i wouldnt and i dont agree with starting war, all we should be concerned with is ourselves and our 2 neighboring countries and protect that,....were lookin for trouble and i think its dumb im glad i can speak my mind and ill take advantage of it

cjpoole1
01-13-2003, 07:40 PM
I don't think there will be any draft. If you do alittle research on the whole story you will see its just an African american congressman using the race ploy as an anti war tactic.heres a piece from a news artilce on it:

Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., with the support of Rep. John Conyers Jr., D-Mich., plans to introduce legislation this week instituting a military draft in case of a U.S. war with Iraq. Rangel says his bill is designed "to let everyone have an opportunity to defend the free world against the threats coming to us." Rangel's stated intent is disingenuous, as the military already provides opportunities for all who are physically and mentally qualified, and the military currently meets recruiting goals.

If Rangel truly believes that a draft will more equitably distribute front-line duty among race and class, he is sorely mistaken. For an example to the contrary, he needs look no further than the draft that ended with the Vietnam War. In the Vietnam conflict, black soldiers died at a rate 20 percent higher than their representation in the general population.

His bill is nothing more than a political anti- war statement, intended to dissuade civilians and those without family in the military from supporting military action in Iraq. Worse, it would have a deleterious effect on the minority community he purports to be protecting: The legislation would merely force a greater pool of minority applicants into the military -- and the front lines. "A renewed draft," Rangel wrote in a New York Times op-ed last week, "will help bring a greater appreciation of the consequences of decisions to go to war." But the men and women who voluntarily serve have a greater appreciation than any of us. As do those who thoughtfully choose not to serve -- including those minorities who have jobs elsewhere, but might be caught up in Rangel's draft.

TC17
01-13-2003, 08:37 PM
It doesnt matter to me, im going to be in the military either way!:blah

TC17
01-13-2003, 08:38 PM
whoops, my im still loged onto my friends sn... this is 4man450es

400exrules
01-13-2003, 08:42 PM
well ive been thinkin about joinin the navy or military when im older, its not like my dream or anything but the thought is still in the back of my head

kicker696
01-13-2003, 08:44 PM
although i do believe war is ****, and i wouldn't WANT to go to war, i think that a draft would be good. I will be 18 in a year, and if there is a draft, and i get selected, i will go proudly, and fight for the country that i believe in!

400exrules
01-13-2003, 08:47 PM
thats what i was tryin to say, its not like i wanna go see how many ppl i can kill, if u get drafted, go with pride, dont go thinkin oh ***** ima die

Bean
01-13-2003, 09:02 PM
i really am pissed off now, some of you embarress me, canada would be embarresed to have some of you p*ssys, sh*t, we should send you to mexico, and you can go live down there, i dont care if you only have one leg, if we are at war, you d*mn well better fight to help protect the US, after all she has done for us

Wired
01-13-2003, 09:15 PM
saw this on another site, thought some of you might like it :blah

http://www.shread.net/fmtx/attachment.php?s=&postid=125005

DEAL
01-13-2003, 09:21 PM
God I love Canada.

EricB
01-13-2003, 09:33 PM
yeah in the highly unlikely event of the draft i don't think as many people would run to canada as they say. i meen thats pretty low, what would everyone you know think? your running to canada, turning your back on everyone and your country hehe. i don't want to be a part of the military, but if i'm forced to so be it. i'd definatly fight for the US if had to. but like guy said i doubt there will be. it's a bunch of political hoorah right now. plus the arm forces are at an all time high, correct me if i'm wrong. also like guy said the military has came a long ways since the 50s...60s...and 70s. the only way we would get drafted is if iraq was trying to take over a bunch of countrys or something. some sort of invasion that munitions couldn't stop. or korea for that matter. if we're going to be fighting them in their home country on a single front i serriously doubt there will be a call for more man power. again i could be totaly off base, i'm just logicaly thinking of it.

Scott
01-13-2003, 09:56 PM
This is probably a waste of time to even respond, but here goes...

You're not going to see the draft reinstated any time soon. We have the manpower to take care of business in Iraq. Korea is a different story. I can't see us ever putting troops on the ground in Korea for several reasons.
1. our military is 1.3 million strong right now, Korea has right at a million. And we'd be fighting on their home field.
2. China isn't exactly our friend. They are with Korea, and they're neighbors. China isn't going to stand by and let us go in to Korea.
3. Korea's leader (at the moment) is a trigger happy midget that wouldn't hesitate to lob his nukes at Alaska, Hawaii, and California. That would eliminate any chances of a ground war. Korea would be removed from the map.

I'd prefer to see people in the military that want to be there.

Just for the record, I'm a Navy Veteran of the last Gulf War.
My father, father in law, and uncle are Viet Nam Vets. Another uncle served in Korea, and the previous generation in my family served in WWII. That said, I also have 2 brothers that didn't want to join the military, it wasn't for them. When my son gets old enough, it will be his decision, and it will be fine with me whatever he decides.

Just my 2 cents.

Warrioreater400ex
01-13-2003, 10:25 PM
i think we should take Toby Kieths advice every day... "always stand up and salute... always recognize when we see old glory flyin, theres a lot of men dead, so we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our heads......... " and later on "WELL PUT A BOOT IN YOUR A**!!"

i wouldnt be eager to go if there was a draft... but by god if i gotta do it i gotta do it and ill do it to my best ability and determination!!!

cotttonwoody
01-13-2003, 10:54 PM
This is from usmilitary.about.com

Will a draft happen?

Probably not, unless the United States gets involved in a major, major conflict (on the scale of World War II). Probably not even then, for several reasons.

For more than a quarter of a century, the United States Military has been an "all volunteer" service. During that time, the military has dramatically changed the way it trains and the way it fights. In order to implement a draft, we would have to change the entire way the military trains and operates today.

A draft is a good way to fight wars of 50 years ago. It is a lousy way to fight wars today. Today's military members are highly trained professionals. The days of giving a couple month's of training on firing a rifle and tossing a grenade, then sending men off to combat are long gone. In today's military, even the basic infantry is "high tech." You don't train someone to operate and maintain highly sophisticated military equipment overnight. It takes a minimum of 18 months to 2 years to turn out a trained Soldier, Airman, Sailor, or Marine. It takes even longer than that for many military specialties.

In short, if we instituted a draft today, inductees would not be effective until about two years from now (at which time, their two year service commitment would be over).

It also said the best way to avoid a draft would be to say that you are an open homo.

-=Skot=-
01-13-2003, 11:29 PM
We already have enough of our own cowards up here, we don't need anymore, so grab your purse and tuck your tail between your legs and head somewhere else. also, if your country goes to war ours prob. will too, with you:mad:

bansheeguy77
01-14-2003, 04:54 AM
well atleast some of u guys are good and not using your country then running away like scared little brats. but about korea they have 1 million active....they have 6 million reserve. so right there is a 7 million man army. but about china yes they are on our side of this being that they dont want korea with a psycho midgit leader with nukes. japan is on our side to. but didnt any of you watch the news? korea is talkin **** about wwIII might happen very soon if we disagree with them or some dumb ****. they said they would turn us into a sea of fire....bush dont want war in korea....but if it comes down to it we have to. but then all the other countries we hate will join in, if we dont kill iraq by then they will be there and other stupid pointless countries will be on their side. so a big war is an easy possibility....and you see those people give a **** that their fighting and have pride in defending their country and familys.

MSL
01-14-2003, 06:56 AM
I cannot believe some of these posts talking about running to canada what in the heck are you people thinking?:mad:

Alot of people have died keeping this country free and everyone of you enjoy the benifits from our freedom, anyone that would run and turn thier back on the United States not only do they turn thier back to the U.S but on every citizen as well:macho

If you run dont come back!

exriderdude
01-14-2003, 07:40 AM
well im not old enough to be drafted, but if i was i would go.

all of you pansys who said they would run to canada or something should go, go to a third world country and live there, see how it is when your country doesnt do anything for you.

millions have died to protect you, and all you can do is wine and run away, .......... i just cant believe some people.

250exer
01-14-2003, 11:27 AM
One of the benefits to the military of an all volunteer force is that enlistement periods are longer. 4 years vs 2 years. That lessens the need to divert resources to constantly retrain new troops coming in. It's also is a huge plus in an era of ever increasing system complexity. It takes longer to train on the more advanced systems and it would really hurt to have high turnover of draftees. A draft does not replace the ability to volunteer however and the Air Force never did draft.

knighttime
01-14-2003, 11:44 AM
I think i may be a lil old for the draft, but i would go and at least try to kick *** if i was drafted or told to fight in a war. It's the right thing to do. I think Scott's post sums up what goin on though.

MEL
01-14-2003, 11:55 AM
to all of you that are in the military, good luck and may god be with you. if we go to war, its going to be a big one nomatter who it is.

01-14-2003, 12:00 PM
I say we just declare war with everyone and get it over with..at this rate Bush will have us hated by every country but our own... :mad:

So who's next,,,the islands of the bahama's,,or maybe lets bomb and attack fiji,,their water is too blue and pretty over there..

I hate our government and there outlook on human life..:grr

MSL
01-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Bush will have us hated by every country but our own...

The only time we are not hated by most countries is when they need us to save thier arses.

People hate us for what we stand for such as freedom, They dont just hate our government they hate the american people, our way of life, our beliefs,and our right and freedom to disagree with our government without punishment.

Busch is not the only president to lead us to war. Times are not like they used to be when something would take place half a world away at one time we didnt need to be concerned with it but as times change and more ruthless leaders(countries such as iraq) gain more modern weapontry that could reach the USA then we need to be concerned because in these modern times the oceans that seperate us from them and kept us safe for years are no longer a safety net.

look at these countries we may be going to war with, what do you think thier outlook on human life is? torture,dismemberment,starvation,kids working in sweatshops,using chemical weapons on thier own people.

01-14-2003, 02:25 PM
I cannot believe some of these posts talking about running to canada what in the heck are you people thinking?

I have my own ideas on how to fight a war. I dont want to be put through bootcamp, and shipped overseas to some place I can't locate on a map, to fight some people because someone told me too. Ground troops are becoming obselete compared to the weapons they have now. Even if you dont get killed in war, you still come home pretty ****ed up from the things you see there. Not my cup of tea. If you want to go fight a war, knock yourself out. I don't want to.

A4StrokeGuy
01-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Being that i recently turned 18, IF the drafted ever occured in the next 8 years i would be affected. Now don't get me wrong i dont sit at home waiting for the day to get drafted and no its not on my mind. But if that day ever came i would gladly fight for my country and lose my life if that what it takes to protect the country. Hundreds of Thousands of people have given up the life for what they beleive and i won't be afraid to join them.

Jordan

400exrules
01-14-2003, 04:44 PM
omg i cant believe some of you................saying if there is war your goin to leave and go somehwere else like a PU$$Y..................you must not get it, the soldiers out there dieing are not fighting and dieng for themselves, they run out onto that field, rifle in hand thinking of YOU American citizens, thats all it is its for the protection of ALL OF US, while they bravely fight shoulder to shoulder, your runnin away and sayin youll never join the army and stuff. they do there jobs, you do yours. but some of u probably still dont get...........but i agree bush is an A HOLE, like rico said everyone country is gonna hate us, i say BOMB IRAQ AND GET IT OVER WITH !!!!!!!!!!! .

my preacher read scipture from one of there bible or religious books wutever they call it and it said to kill Christians

400exrules
01-14-2003, 04:44 PM
omg i cant believe some of you................saying if there is war your goin to leave and go somehwere else like a PU$$Y..................you must not get it, the soldiers out there dieing are not fighting and dieng for themselves, they run out onto that field, rifle in hand thinking of YOU American citizens, thats all it is its for the protection of ALL OF US, while they bravely fight shoulder to shoulder, your runnin away and sayin youll never join the army and stuff. they do there jobs, you do yours. but some of u probably still dont get...........but i agree bush is an A HOLE, like rico said everyone country is gonna hate us, i say BOMB IRAQ AND GET IT OVER WITH !!!!!!!!!!! .

my preacher read scipture from one of there bible or religious books wutever they call it and it said to kill Christians

bluebaron
01-14-2003, 05:40 PM
no chit, there pretty much asking for a war if they are shotin at u.s. airplanes every day

Scott
01-15-2003, 06:15 AM
Hey Rico, I see you dislike Bush, and I have no problem with that, that's your choice. But one little tidbit of info for ya, Clinton had the US in more "conflicts" and in more countries during his 8 years than any other president in history. Did anyone ever stop and think of the list he compiled for us? Every time he got a little heat for getting caught doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing, US troops shipped out for somewhere.

nuttynewt
01-15-2003, 07:02 AM
I'm 14.. I don't think there should be a draft. By the time they trained all the new draftees, the conflict would be over (nukes, etc..). But if there is a draft, and I'm eligible, I'm off to Canada! :D

YOU BIG STINKIN' P*SSY!!!

nuttynewt
01-15-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
wow this post seriously has me pissed....i dont know how to word it because i have so much foul language in what i wanna say. well lets put it this way...i dont wanna get killed...but let all the willing people go and sign up and ****....but if it comes down to it and ur country needs you....you dam well better get over there. if you dont like fighting for what you believe in and protecting your own people get the **** out right now.....whoever said go to canada why dont you pack ur **** and go there now? we dont need you wasting our space. this is what has me so pissed off with people today....no pride or respect for anything all they look out for is themselves. like i said if it came down to it go fight....you probably wouldnt see any action anyway....so go to canada now *****s *excuse the language*

Amen bansheeguy!!!

250exer
01-15-2003, 10:44 AM
One thing is clear. Going after N Korea will not be a walk in the park like desert storm. Tough terrain and a million well equipped mean mothers defending their own turf. Spent my time in S Korea and I would not want to mess with the army on either side of that border.

I heard a lot of stories about the South Koreans in Vietnam. The Viet Cong did not like to come around bases where they were stationed. There was a reason for that. I don't think the North Koreans would be any more hospitable.

No matter how good our standoff weapons are, the troops on the ground have to close the deal.

I think it would be a simple matter to "shut down" the reactor they are threaten to start up.

01-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I say we just declare war with everyone and get it over with..at this rate Bush will have us hated by every country but our own... :mad:

So who's next,,,the islands of the bahama's,,or maybe lets bomb and attack fiji,,their water is too blue and pretty over there..

I hate our government and there outlook on human life..:grr

That pretty much sums it up right there. Damn this site is ful of drama, u guys need to chill out.

01-15-2003, 01:23 PM
YOU BIG STINKIN' P*SSY!!!

Yea **** you too bud. Just because I dont wanna spend 2 or more years of my life 5000 miles from home with a good chance of being nuked when I get there, I'm a *****. Go figure. :rolleyes:

01-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Watch the foul mouths now guys...:macho

MSL
01-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Yea **** you too bud. Just because I dont wanna spend 2 or more years of my life 5000 miles from home with a good chance of being nuked when I get there, I'm a *****. Go figure.

lol

if they start shooting nukes you can run and hide all you want it will do you no good.

I can understand where some of you young guys are comming from i dont want to die either fighting people in a far away country
but when you have kids of your own you will want to make sure that they get to enjoy the freedoms that we all have enjoyed all our lifes free of the fear of terror and nukes.

Guy400
01-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Yea **** you too bud. Just because I dont wanna spend 2 or more years of my life 5000 miles from home with a good chance of being nuked when I get there, I'm a *****. Go figure. :rolleyes: Do you think anyone wants to go far away from home with the possibility of dying? Luckily for the pansies that want to dodge the draft there are people that are willing to do what their country asks of them in order to keep the freedoms we enjoy alive. If all of our grandfather's ran to Canada to avoid fighting in a war we'd all be marching under the swastika or speaking Japanese. So as you all the cowards speak as freely as they may and tuck themselves into their warm beds tonight know that there are people who are just as afraid to die as you all are but are willing to make that sacrifice for you.

mrusk
01-15-2003, 02:04 PM
To us it may seem like bush is making the wrong dececions, but you guys have to releaize that we proably do not know the whole story about whats happening in all these countrys. I got no doubt in my mind that the goverment hides loads of stuff from us.
Guys just imaging if Gore was elected. Then we would all be screwed. A self rightous liberal is more dangerous then a terrorist.

matt

MSL
01-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Do you think anyone wants to go far away from home with the possibility of dying? Luckily for the pansies that want to dodge the draft there are people that are willing to do what their country asks of them in order to keep the freedoms we enjoy alive. If all of our grandfather's ran to Canada to avoid fighting in a war we'd all be marching under the swastika or speaking Japanese. So as you all the cowards speak as freely as they may and tuck themselves into their warm beds tonight know that there are people who are just as afraid to die as you all are but are willing to make that sacrifice for you.

Well put Guy432

BassBunny26
01-19-2003, 08:34 PM
No...I really don't think they should draft. I mean I'm just a girl...but I think of it this way: it's REALLY UNFAIR if you don't want into the whole "war" situation....if you do then go join yourself!

BassBunny26
01-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I say we just declare war with everyone and get it over with..at this rate Bush will have us hated by every country but our own...

I hate our government and there outlook on human life..

You're right rico...! I mean yeah there *MIGHT* be some good in the government , but barely enough. And ever since Bush got in everything has been out of control...Hey Clinton had more foreign friends than Bush ever will!!!! I mean NO Clinton may not be the "bomb" and the "best" but Bush is far from it... I just think we shouldn't be going to war unless it is VITAL! I dunno......I just agree with rico in a way

Jay300ex
01-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Ask me about the draft. Hmm I am going to be 18 in less then 3 months, and I am going to send my papers in for it definatly ( not just to stay out of jail! )

Like it was said above the draft is probably not going to be needed. But in the case of need, and I was drafted, I would serve my country. Especially if I am getting paid eventually, AND I GET TO HAVE A GUN TO POINT AND SHOOT at those damn terrorists heh.

Jay

Chef
01-19-2003, 10:57 PM
The only thing I wouldnt like about being drafted into war is the friggin boot camps. I would love to go and kill some damn iraqi's, but I really hate the gettin screamed at by some queer-bait drill sargeant who will probably not ever go away from this country. I do know that if some foreign invader *******s ever showed up in my back yard I have enough fire power in select closets in my house to make sure half of them hit the ground, and the other half was blown to mist. :D

TC17
01-19-2003, 11:33 PM
everyone is going to HATE what i am about to post. if you don't want to get mad do NOT read this...

i HATE war. i HATE death. i have had almost 10 loses in my family. all were very close and i loved them. i wish they would still be here today. our government steals our money and gives it to druggies who need clean needles (Nevada, cough cough). we like to just go take over some countries here and there. we don't like that way this coutry run itself, hey lets just go setup a new government for the people. WTF!? that's like getting freaking Hitler and take over our country and make it "better".

in the catholice bible, it says "you shall not kill". so our government doesn't give a shcitt why would they care, all the do is want to yell in your face and treat you like crap so you can deal with shooting someone. if God says don't kill why do we? i would rather give my quad up to keep a person alive than have them shot. it's a human life, not a body with a red dot in the forehead. why do we think we can just go and kill some people who don't like us and start a war with this country.

we don't like North Korea because they won't let us inspect every quater inch of their own county! who the **** do we think we are!? we don't like Iraq for the same reason, so we will just force some people that mean dog shcitt to kill people we don't exactly like. the people we are killing are NOT terrorists. they are mentally ill, brainwashed people. they don't understand and shood be taught what is right and wrong instead of the Rumaretarded bible thing of theirs.

if i am drafted, i will shoot myself before anyone.

01-19-2003, 11:46 PM
I don't think there we'll be a draft, but something is definately goin on. every one I know who enlisted in armed forces is bein shipped off the 30 different location in the middle east and will be there for 1 to 3 years. somethings up. I huess we'll have to wait and see

Scott
01-20-2003, 06:17 AM
For the people who don't seem to know why we are considering action in Iraq, do any of you recall the payments Sadaam made to the families of suicide bombers? Wouldn't that be considered financing terrorism? Wouldn't that also be considered encouraging terrorism?

Would you prefer that we stick to the mindset used from 1992-2000 where we don't take action, even while our embassies are bombed, ships are attacked killing US troops, and even the World Trade Center was bombed? For anyone that doesn't remember wherer that led, do a search for 9-11-01 on the net.

I'll have to admit to my son that I witnessed the worst day in the history of the US (9-11-01) because nothing was done to prevent it. Instead of letting history repeat itself, I would prefer that we take action to prevent those that would do us harm from succeeding with their plans.

But hey, that's just me.

For the N.Korea thing, did anyone else hear or read the statements by the N.Korean leader promising WWIII? This idiot was calling for (actually PROMISING) nuclear war. Unless you know of another planet we can move to in an emergency, I'm thinking this is a bad idea. If we can do something to prevent that, I'm all for it. Letting this guy build more nuclear weapons doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

TC17
01-20-2003, 09:59 AM
i see your points. as the catholic church says, if war is absolutely necessary it has to happen. if someone is PROMISING WWIII, with nuclear weapons of mass destruction, we should take action.

we should also take out the terrorists. and Sudam Insane. they are mentally sick and SHOULD be killed. they are dangerous and inpredictable. i don't think there are hundreds of thousands of terrorits. more like thousands. we should just take them out and be over with.

but it makes me sick to see someone proud of killing someone else. how can't they feel guilty of murder? sometimes it has to happen and it does. other times we just go and start fights with people to show them we're the big mighty US and we can beat your force because we are the best.

my opinion.