PDA

View Full Version : Houser aarm problem

06 Honda 450R
09-27-2009, 02:40 PM
one of the bearings is worn out, and the aarms were new in march and i race tt, is there a warranty on these or what

Scro
09-28-2009, 07:18 AM
You're lucky they lasted that long. We race XC, and get 3 races out of ours, at the most. A buddy of mine has tried using three bearings instead of two, and has gotten a little more life out of them.

09-28-2009, 07:57 AM
ive been running houser products for 2 years now and have never had a prblem with their problems. i have 3 bikes with arms and swingers on them and not one problem. but as for them going to warranty one little bearing i doubt it.

06 Honda 450R
09-28-2009, 02:35 PM
its not the bearings, i took it apart and the bolt that goes through it is a different one because the sway bar mounts there, the bolt is smaller so i have to buy a new one

ohioEX
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
If you are having problems with Houser Racing parts, just call us. We will try to help out as much as we can. Just keep in mind that we do not make the bearings, therefore we can't always warranty them. Most of the itme if parts go bad it is because lack of maintainence or improper installation. Make sure you keep your parts greased with good grease too!

Thanks, Mark @ Houser

Lquad71
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I use bel ray waterproof grease...
Is this ok???

ohioEX
09-30-2009, 11:48 AM
I suggest any high quality synthetic grease, if it is waterproof, that is great. I usually don't recommend using your basic white lithium grease or cheap stuff from the store down the street. Good grease costs more, but usually extends the life of the bearings.