PDA

View Full Version : Derisi Modified Shocks in the mail.

OCCRA288
01-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, I sent my front Works Triple rates to Santo Derisi for the Pro Millenium modification. Well, after about 9 days he's sending them back to me. I can't wait to get them and ride my new motor with these shocks as well. You guys with Derisi shocks how do you like them?

Dave400ex
01-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Does you Revalve/Rebuild Elka shocks?
You still going with the Elka/Houser LT front end?

OCCRA288
01-13-2003, 01:17 PM
I believe he does Elka's. I'm going to look at his new line of shocks before I decide on the Elka LT shocks. But I'll deffinately be going with the Houser LT front end. He's sending me an info sheet on his new shocks through e-mail so I'll try to post it on here.

01-13-2003, 04:47 PM
I ran front works with his milinium modification and a rebuilt stock rear from him all last season and was very happy with the shocks!

Dave400ex
01-13-2003, 04:58 PM
GNCCer are you doing a big winter rebuild? If you are what are you doing to the 400?

NJ300ex
01-13-2003, 05:01 PM
I hope to soon get the Derisi pro millenium mod for my front and rear works shocks soon. It should make a huge difference.

Make sure to let us know how you like them and how it made the shock feel.

OCCRA288
01-14-2003, 07:25 AM
Here's the new shock info that Santo sent me. Lots of attention to detail.

DeRisi Racing Shocks were designed using CAD/CAM technology by pro racer Santo DeRisi. All of our suspension has been tested on and off the track to insure high quality and performance. Our shocks are made from the highest quality material available.

The shock bodies are made from 4130 chromoly tubing. The bodies are also hard anodized to keep the outside from getting corroded and rusted. The inside of the body is also hard anodized to keep the oil from getting contaminated and the anodizing also gives the piston a smooth surface to ride against. The shafts are all 5/8 diameter, and are made from 17-4 Stainless steel which has been hard Chromed. Shafts are available non-adjustable or rebound adjustable. Upper and lower mounting eyelets house spherical bearings, which makes less friction on the frame and a-arm pivot points, and will outlast bushings.

The reservoir bodies are made from 6061-T6 tubing then also hard anodized to stop the oil from getting contaminated. All other shock parts are also hard anodized. The reservoirs use a floating piston design, which keeps the oil and the nitrogen separated. One of the reasons why we decided not to use the bladder is because a lot of times the bladders will break and the nitrogen will get in with the oil and the shock will start fading. With the floating piston design you will never have to worry about fading or broken bladders. Reservoirs are available non-adjustable and compression adjustable. Our compression adjusters are developed so that when you change one click you can tell a difference! There are eight compression settings for you to choose to fine-tune your suspension. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at (704) 538-3512

Dave400ex
01-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Shocks sound awesome. How much would some Standard Travel with just Compression adjust run? Does he make LT shocks?

OCCRA288
01-14-2003, 06:10 PM
I haven't asked him about prices yet. I'm sure they'll be cheaper than Axis but more $ than Elka. If I like the kit he put in my shocks I'll go with his new shocks. I'll ask him about the prices.

Wingnut
01-14-2003, 07:11 PM
My rear shock was revalved by Santo. It is awesome in my oppinion. You will have to talk to him about revalving Elka shocks, he doesn't really like Elkas. He changed the oil and seals in mine a month ago, but he really didn't want to. It may have changed by now, but a year ago he planned to charge $800 for the non-adjustable, $1000 for compression adjustable, and $1200 for the fully adjustable shocks.

OCCRA288
01-14-2003, 10:50 PM
He still doesn't like Elkas. Really good guy to do business with, though.

Dave400ex
01-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Well actually with Elka raising their prices up their LT's may be more then the Derisi's or about the same. I was just wondering if you would Revalve/Rebuild because for XC Racing he would be the one to have do it. If he won't I would just go with Baldwin if he would....

OCCRA288
01-16-2003, 09:32 AM
He will work on the Elka's, but he sure doesn't like them. He said he found different parts in a pair of matching Elka shocks once.

He e-mailed me yesterday morning and said his shocks will be around the same price of Axis. I'm considering going with his shocks when I get the Houser LT front end. The guy really knows his stuff.

My Worked Over Works shocks should be here today or tomorrow. I'm ready to get them back. I still gotta break in my motor too. I'll get more info from Santo as well.

forum
01-16-2003, 09:46 AM
im not callin you a liar. but offcaurse shock companies are going to put down elka. Elka is out selling all of them except works and they are hot on there heals. And they've been doing it for only a few years. that spells disaster for other shock companies. As for what is better. I could not tell you, becausei don't no. If only i could get a set of everyones shock. (when i win the lottoery)

Elka definatly had problems with there earlier shocks.

OCCRA288
01-16-2003, 09:53 AM
I'm not flaming Elka in any way. I'm just repeating what Santo told me. I've ridden on PEP, TCS, Works, and Elka. Out of the 4 I was more impressed with the Elka's. I raced the Maxxis 12 hour of ATV America on Elka shocks. I don't think they faded nearly as bad as some of the other shocks out there. But I believe I'll go with something different for my LT shocks. Derisi or Axis.

forum
01-16-2003, 10:23 AM
thats good to hear you liked them better then pep. because that was my next choice over elka. axis are to much damn money.

Pro400EXC
01-16-2003, 12:42 PM
I think PEP and TCS have the cheapest LT shock price's around..Only $850 for TCS and $900 for PEP,and there both Great shocks....

Dave400ex
01-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Yeah I agree that everybody will be putting down Elka. Sure they have had some problems, but you don't hear about to many anymore. Once they get their setups dialed in they will be hard to beat. I think Derisi would be great Shocks for XC though since he races it. Also he shouldn't have that long of a wait....

OCCRA288
01-17-2003, 07:27 AM
My shocks are back. They look much better than before. I can't waint to put em on and go hit my practice track! Now I just gotta get my rear shock dialed in. I need a Strut, soften it up, and to slow my rebound down. Anyone use an adjustable strut to get the ride height down?

OCCRA288
01-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Well, they're on the quad. I took it to the lake yesterday and did some beach riding. I pounded the whoops and broke in my engine at the same time. All I can say is WOW! Stock to Works shocks was a big difference, but Works to Pro Millenium Works is a HUGE difference. The shocks are right on, compression is smooth rebound is great, they are by far the best shocks I have ever ridden on! Even better than the Elka's I raced the 12 Hours of ATV America.(IMO No flame intended)

Wingnut
01-21-2003, 08:52 AM
I know what you mean. I rode a 250R on Sunday with the old DeRisi shocks (revalved Works) and they were a lot better than my Elkas. Made me want to order some Works and have Santo revalve them. Maybe if I beg him he will make a Pro Millineum valve for Elka shocks.

Dave400ex
01-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Man if he can make Works that good, just think what he could do to the Elka's if he made a Pro Millenium Valve.

OCCRA288
01-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Here's a pic for you guys. He turned the bumpers upside down for some reason, maybe so the tapered end doesn't hit the seals.

NJ300ex
01-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Now I really want to get mine done. I need mo' money.

Occra, How much does he charge now for the pro millenium kit for the fronts? Do you happen to know the price to put the kit in on a rear works shock?

OCCRA288
01-27-2003, 08:48 AM
He charged me 275 for the pro millenium kit. I think it will cost about the same for the rear because there's more parts to it. I still say $$ well spent.

Live2Ride300
04-14-2003, 02:27 PM
So for 275, derisi installs the new high flow pistons, and revalves them for ur weight? Does he change the oil too? Say your shocks need a rebuild and you would also like to do the pro millenium mod, is the rebuild included for the price of 275? Thanx

Wingnut
04-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Live2Ride300
So for 275, derisi installs the new high flow pistons, and revalves them for ur weight? Does he change the oil too? Say your shocks need a rebuild and you would also like to do the pro millenium mod, is the rebuild included for the price of 275? Thanx

Yes.

Live2Ride300
04-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Thats a sweet deal:D

Juggalo
04-14-2003, 04:36 PM
sounds cool..if i can come up with 75 extra bucks i might get that done to my works instead of buying new shocks!

forum
04-15-2003, 01:59 AM
I wonder if he'll do Elka elites? Its not that im not happy with them. but i like to try other things. any word on if he still does the elka's. Any ways. So far i love my elka's Im still playing with the front end. but other then that i love em

Wingnut
04-15-2003, 02:07 AM
He does plan to have valves made for Elkas, but currently he is concentrating on production of his own line of shocks. From what he told me, I think it may be another month before he has the valves for Elka shocks.

2 QuicK
04-15-2003, 02:53 PM
Hmmm...Works Triple Rates w/ Rezzies $520. + Pro Millenium Valve $275 = $795. Better then Elka's? Elka's - $900 I might have to rethink my suspension....

Juggalo
04-15-2003, 03:13 PM
hey 2 quick if you wanna buy a set of works triples with rezzies PM me, i got a set for sale.

Dave400ex
04-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Yeah I will be checking into the Elka setup if he does make them. I think that would be one heck of a setup...

holeshot19
04-15-2003, 04:09 PM
but i think the guys at elka geting it figured out i talked to a guy that services shocks the other day and he said that elkas were now threaded in the shock bodys instead of being theraded the the seal heads. cause i service my own axis shocks but when santo and i tryed to get my rear elka apart the seal head kept turning. this guy said that they put lock tight on the threads of the seal head .

MEL
04-16-2003, 02:19 PM
thats the problem i had with my elka fronts. went to change the oil and ended up messing them up bad trying to get the body off the seal. ended up having to replace the seal head. elka fixed me up with new ones. guys at elka were good about it.

04-16-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by 2 QuicK
Hmmm...Works Triple Rates w/ Rezzies $520. + Pro Millenium Valve $275 = $795. Better then Elka's? Elka's - $900 I might have to rethink my suspension....

Elka's have larger bodies, larger shaft and Billet hardware...... The rebuilt works would work great no doubt..but your still better off with the elka's..:muscle: