PDA

View Full Version : Apex mxr-lt 100 Questions

hwf-racing
09-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Well, just bought the boy an 09 Apex mxr-lt 100. He will be racing the stock appering class. Just starting with these two strokes and have some questions. What gas gives you the best product ? I heard VP? Also, Back when I had my YZ 80 Bel-Ray was the oil ,so what oil is most preffered in todays market?
In this class we can do any kind of clutch mods. What product has the most "reliable" and of course "performance". I know those two things toegether is like a oxy-moran:huh . My son is 8 and weighs around 72lbs if this helps. Hey, thanks for any suggestions from A-Z. Thanks, Derek

nordic quad
09-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Oppinions may vary but we use 98 octane pump gas and mix with good quality oil.We just use the stock clutching but sometimes adjust roller weights to certain tracks,when stock torque spring starts to fade we replace this with ZTR and replace the small clutch springs with Koso and use Dr Pulley sliders,adjustable clutching may give you moore power to the weels but they will need to be correctly adjusted to do so.Just my 2cents.(PS always do a plug test when changing your set up or running high octane to make shure your not running lean)
Stein A

hwf-racing
09-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks, Nordic Quad any suggestion are helpful. I know it will be a learning process, Thanks again!!!!

redonkulousruntsracing
09-28-2009, 07:29 AM
VP C12 (110 octane) mixed 50/50 with 93 octane pump gas = 100 octane and costs half as much as running straight C10 (100 octane VP). I have used the Spectro Gold pre mix oil and the Klotz Synthetic pre mix oil with good results.

hwf-racing
09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks, I like the 110 mixed with 93 got to try to save a little $$$