PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow out???

BakerRacing40
09-26-2009, 11:17 PM
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- Florida quarterback Tim Tebow had to be helped off the field following a hard hit in the third quarter against Kentucky on Saturday night.

The Gators were in Kentucky territory when Tebow took a big hit from Kentucky defensive end Taylor Wyndham. Tebow's head hit the leg of Florida right tackle Marcus Gilbert as he fell to the ground. He lay motionless for several minutes before sitting up. He walked off the field with help to the bench, where his parents came down from the stands to join him.

He was replaced by backup John Brantley on Florida's next possession.

Tebow had rushed for 123 yards and two scores and added another 103 yards passing and a touchdown before the injury. He started despite having respiratory issues that force him and several teammates to take a separate plane to Lexington on Friday.

i'm not a gators fan at all but i do hope he recovers well, he is a highly skilled talented player... how are you guys feeling about this?

in case you haven't seen the hit or just want to see it again..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFN90gkKHu4

gcart2
09-27-2009, 08:59 AM
depending on who they are playing next week, he will be back.

Even superman gets hurt.

I am a UF fan, did not see the game. im shocked on how another team would act though when they see such an athlete fallen? seems kind of immature?

They have their back up brantley i believe and he is an amazing qb. he could go to any other school and be a 4 year starter.

The gators will be fine.

matt14c
09-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Yea they are off next week and then play lsu the following. So unfortunately they wont be affected by it.

bigd's ex
09-27-2009, 09:45 AM
As far as the hit on Tebow, It looked like a clean hit & one that every defensive player gets a chubby for. A little jumping up & down after a play like that I guess I can go for, but dancing & celebrating after they knew he was hurt was way more than immature, it was totally disrespectful. I'm not a big fan of the Gators, but I am a fan of the game. I hope he does have a full recovery & imo he will be a very good QB at the next level.