PDA

View Full Version : Penn State was next!!! WOOOOOOOOO

honda400ex68b
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
They finally played a good team and lost of course. only 2 more losses to go, Michigan and Ohio State. That made my day!!!

Doober
09-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Ohio state already lost a game...but this is what makes me feel their shouldn't be any rankings until like week 3 or 4

matt14c
09-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Big Ten is terrible this year. None of the teams should be in the top 15! PSU should NOT lose to michigan there defense is terrible. It took a blown call for them to beat Indiana and with OSU who knows they could beat them also. OSU is the most overated team in sports history.

jcv400ex
09-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
Big Ten is terrible this year. None of the teams should be in the top 15! PSU should NOT lose to michigan there defense is terrible. It took a blown call for them to beat Indiana and with OSU who knows they could beat them also. OSU is the most overated team in sports history.

If it wasn't for Notre Dame....OSU would be the most overated team in college football

LTR450_#67
09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
GO Hawkeyes!!!

honda400ex68b
09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
GO Hawkeyes!!!

Penn State is ranked 15th and Iowa is 13th. wonderful maybe if penn state loses a couple more, they will be out of the top 25 were they belong.

coryatver
09-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex68b
Penn State is ranked 15th and Iowa is 13th. wonderful maybe if penn state loses a couple more, they will be out of the top 25 were they belong.

wow why you so against penn state?:eek:

extremeblastr
09-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by coryatver

he may not be against it, unlike most people maybe hes just realistic about where his team belongs.

ALAMX37
09-28-2009, 08:52 AM
It sgood to be a Forida Gator. Tebow maybe concussed at the moment, but we have another top 5 quarterback in John Brantley.

honda400ex68b
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by coryatver

i am definetly against them. i live less than 1 hour from state college and that is all i here is penn state is the only team in college football. and they suck!!! i guess i talk to to many fans. they brag way to much for all the better they are.

woodsman250r
09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
AWWWWWW...here were go again...all you moron Michigan and Penn State fans are throwing in your comments about OSU. Get back at me when you guys can tell me how many NC games you guys played in since 2000. Or better yet, how many NC titles have you guys won since 2000. I know how this is going to end tho, "you guys got waxed" or "you guys suck." Point is we were there! Can't wait to revenge on Penn State and hand out another L to Dick Rod this year too.

ben300
09-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
AWWWWWW...here were go again...all you moron Michigan and Penn State fans are throwing in your comments about OSU. Get back at me when you guys can tell me how many NC games you guys played in since 2000. Or better yet, how many NC titles have you guys won since 2000. I know how this is going to end tho, "you guys got waxed" or "you guys suck." Point is we were there! Can't wait to revenge on Penn State and hand out another L to Dick Rod this year too.

you only truly belonged in one of those games and that was the one you were in...face it...OSU only looses the big games that mean anything, otherwise you would have beaten USC, whos a pretty big joke this year as well....and i am a huge pennstate fan, but the big ten is not in the caliber as the big 12 or the sec or some of the acc teams...not right now...maybe back in 2005, but not now....plus, you guys have one weapon, thats pryor, who cant carry the team on his shoulders forever..

OSU and notre dame fans are all the same...your like crack heads...dillusional

woodsman250r
09-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ben300
you only truly belonged in one of those games and that was the one you were in...face it...OSU only looses the big games that mean anything, otherwise you would have beaten USC, whos a pretty big joke this year as well....and i am a huge pennstate fan, but the big ten is not in the caliber as the big 12 or the sec or some of the acc teams...not right now...maybe back in 2005, but not now....plus, you guys have one weapon, thats pryor, who cant carry the team on his shoulders forever..

OSU and notre dame fans are all the same...your like crack heads...dillusional

Hey since we are on the topic, didn't you guys get WAXED by USC in a bowl game last year? And we lost by 3 to USC, and lost in the last seconds to Texas last year. How about Chokelahoma??? They lose in every big game, but no one says anything about it and somehow they move up in the rankings. You are right about the Big 10, they need to step up but its hard to pull the talent because of location and climate. Why do you think most go south or out to Cali? No one wants to play in cold, rain and snow up here. Penn State didn't help matters by playing a SOFT pre big ten schedule either. You guys played like garbage against Iowa, better yet you just got exposed as a weaker team against a better team. Iowa isn't a push over team and I believe they will give OSU a run for the money. Michigan is moving in the right direction too. And Wisconsin is a sleeper team. I just love how all Penn State fans cry about the Bucks...jealously must be really hard to get over...

tt racer
09-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I second that woodsman250r im a huge buck fan also. Ohio State and fans have nothing to hang their heads on. The only game that makes me sick was that florida game ive actually seen it twice and for the life of me why in the h#LL was the defensive coaches only making adjustments in the second half when it was too late!!!!!!!!!!! Cris leak is a joke but when you play the cbs 15 yards back uuuuuuh yea i could have looked like a heisman canidate against that scheme.

Doober
09-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey since we are on the topic, didn't you guys get WAXED by USC in a bowl game last year? And we lost by 3 to USC, and lost in the last seconds to Texas last year. How about Chokelahoma??? They lose in every big game, but no one says anything about it and somehow they move up in the rankings. You are right about the Big 10, they need to step up but its hard to pull the talent because of location and climate. Why do you think most go south or out to Cali? No one wants to play in cold, rain and snow up here. Penn State didn't help matters by playing a SOFT pre big ten schedule either. You guys played like garbage against Iowa, better yet you just got exposed as a weaker team against a better team. Iowa isn't a push over team and I believe they will give OSU a run for the money. Michigan is moving in the right direction too. And Wisconsin is a sleeper team. I just love how all Penn State fans cry about the Bucks...jealously must be really hard to get over...

no offense but when is the last time Ohio state won a big game against a big team? not yet this year and they didnt last year as well

madskrillz2
09-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I wish they would put SEC teams on people like Ohio State's schedule. I would bet money Mississippi State would eat them up. The only reason there's not more SEC teams in the top 10 at the end of the year is because we all beat each other out. It's like anyone smart has said, the SEC championship game might as well be the national championship game. Looks like I'll get my wish next year though. Alabama plays Penn State first game of the year. All I gotta say is ROLL TIDE!

Oh and before you all start about the Utah game blah blah blah. They were just like Boise State and went overlooked. A much better team than people gave them credit for.

madskrillz2
09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Oh and what has happened every time Ohio State has played an SEC team in a bowl game?

matt14c
09-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Not sure this was a bashing of OSU or PSU it was just some facts being laid down of the conference and unfortunately these two teams are the ones who have been representing it. EVERY team in the big ten is overated. Count all the NC game appearences you want about OSU and congratulations for beating a terrible UM team every year as you should and will again this year and prolly the next too but until Tressel can win a big game or even learn how to coach in one that is all you will be doing is counting appearences. He does not know how to use pryor and if it wasnt for your practically NFL lineup D that you some how come up with year in and year out they really wouldnt be squat. You put any of the Big Ten schools in the SEC, Big 12, or Pac 10 you would only be appearing at the bottom of the divisions!

honda400ex68b
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I wish they would put SEC teams on people like Ohio State's schedule. I would bet money Mississippi State would eat them up. The only reason there's not more SEC teams in the top 10 at the end of the year is because we all beat each other out. It's like anyone smart has said, the SEC championship game might as well be the national championship game. Looks like I'll get my wish next year though. Alabama plays Penn State first game of the year. All I gotta say is ROLL TIDE!

Oh and before you all start about the Utah game blah blah blah. They were just like Boise State and went overlooked. A much better team than people gave them credit for.

GO ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ben300
09-29-2009, 07:53 PM

thats just inner conference play...its like that with every devision....every year you have big teams getting knocked off by some pretty ****ty in conference teams...i mean look how may times oregon has went and beat USC

J.Brown121
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
How about Chokelahoma??? They lose in every big game, but no one says anything about it and somehow they move up in the rankings.

can we please keep my sooners and their terrible BCS record out of this guys? lol and trust me we don't go with out hearing about our poor BCS record

madskrillz2
09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ben300
thats just inner conference play...its like that with every devision....every year you have big teams getting knocked off by some pretty ****ty in conference teams...i mean look how may times oregon has went and beat USC

But the difference is most of the "bad" SEC teams are better than most of the top dogs in other conferences.

tp300ex
09-29-2009, 09:30 PM
what about them tigers!!!! hahaha i love my lsu tigers but they seem lame this year! if we cant beat florida which we probley wont i hope bama sticks it to them!:devil:

madskrillz2
09-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
what about them tigers!!!! hahaha i love my lsu tigers but they seem lame this year! if we cant beat florida which we probley wont i hope bama sticks it to them!:devil:

Haha surprising to hear that! Most of the LSU fans I've talked to hate us because we have Saban.

tp300ex
09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
i love saban wish to god we still had him but we dont...cant blame bama for stanching him when he was open...btw i was going for penn state i wanted to the old coach get a shot at the national championship

J.Brown121
09-29-2009, 09:39 PM
But the difference is most of the "bad" SEC teams are better than most of the top dogs in other conferences.

so what you're saying is that tennessee, vandy, kentucky, auburn, and missippi state are better then teams like miami, va. tech, and georgia tech(acc) or cincinnati(big east) or oregon, cal, ucla, and usc(pac-10) or TCU and BYU(mountain west) or michigan, iowa, penn state, and ohio state(big ten) or boise state and houston
i didn't list the big 12 b/c i'm a bit bias;)

i know that the sec is the best confrence, and they will be until proven otherwise. i'm just saying that their scrubs are scrubs no matter what confrence they're in. it's the same in the big 12, big ten, and every other confrence in the nation. the only difference is that some have more scrubs than others

mxduner
09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm sick of florida:devil:

J.Brown121
09-29-2009, 09:51 PM
i'm just sick of all this tebow talk. i know he's such a "great" leader, but i'm %100 positive that if you're a D-1 QB then you're a leader, and if you aren't then your team prolly blows

madskrillz2
09-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
so what you're saying is that tennessee, vandy, kentucky, auburn, and missippi state are better then teams like miami, va. tech, and georgia tech(acc) or cincinnati(big east) or oregon, cal, ucla, and usc(pac-10) or TCU and BYU(mountain west) or michigan, iowa, penn state, and ohio state(big ten) or boise state and houston

i know that the sec is the best confrence, and they will be until proven otherwise. i'm just saying that their scrubs are scrubs no matter what confrence they're in. it's the same in the big 12, big ten, and every other confrence in the nation. the only difference is that some have more scrubs than others

Actually yes that is what I'm saying. The only teams I wouldn't bet against out of all those you listed are Va. Tech, Ga. Tech and MAYBE USC. I give all the credit in the world to teams like Boise State because they often go under the radar. Obviously we (Alabama) were humbled last year.

ben300
09-29-2009, 10:32 PM

i completely agree....id love to see how all these dynamite SEC teams would fair ina college playoff system....chances are half of them could possibly get kocked out by some underlying team from anothe confenence....the SEC is good....but their popularity is based on a coaching pole that is a joke to begin with

mxduner
09-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Actually yes that is what I'm saying. The only teams I wouldn't bet against out of all those you listed are Va. Tech, Ga. Tech and MAYBE USC. I give all the credit in the world to teams like Boise State because they often go under the radar. Obviously we (Alabama) were humbled last year. I'm banking on you team to shut the fl. hype out. Seems the sooners won't likely do it this year

woodsman250r
09-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Hey all you SEC fans, you do realize that your top dog coaches are either from Ohio, or spent their early days in Ohio or at Big Ten Schools right? If we had your guys weather, odds are they would still be up north. It must be nice to never play a game in snow, or below 60 degrees EVER. But keep on talking about how the SEC rules the world and everyone else sucks, blah, blah, blah. By the way, good bowl game last year Bama! Love how you jokers talk about the Buckeyes not winning the big game but for God's sake you got crushed by UTAH!!!! That is embarrasing...

jcv400ex
09-30-2009, 09:03 AM

BAHHHAAAHHAAA!! Not gonna happen! Crybaby Pryor isn't the one to get you past PENN STATE!!!!! :devil:

jcv400ex
09-30-2009, 09:11 AM
I for one can't wait to see Tebow choke in the NFL. I just don't like the guy, or the coach.....

If he plays this week or next, then Myer either does not care about the guys future or has no control of that team....he took a serious hit and his brain needs time to recover.

tp300ex
09-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Hey all you SEC fans, you do realize that your top dog coaches are either from Ohio, or spent their early days in Ohio or at Big Ten Schools right? If we had your guys weather, odds are they would still be up north. It must be nice to never play a game in snow, or below 60 degrees EVER. But keep on talking about how the SEC rules the world and everyone else sucks, blah, blah, blah. By the way, good bowl game last year Bama! Love how you jokers talk about the Buckeyes not winning the big game but for God's sake you got crushed by UTAH!!!! That is embarrasing...

yes they did come from up north but the thing is the recruit from the southern states where they can get alot better players! and your right we dont play in snow we play in 100 degree weather:rolleyes:

woodsman250r
09-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
I for one can't wait to see Tebow choke in the NFL. I just don't like the guy, or the coach.....

If he plays this week or next, then Myer either does not care about the guys future or has no control of that team....he took a serious hit and his brain needs time to recover.

I don't think Tebow is an NFL quarterback...the offense is way different than what he is used to in the NFL. He just isn't a pocket passer like the NFL requires. I don't get the hatred for Tebow, most of it is just jealousy. And being that this comment is coming from a Penn State "fan" it is clearly the case. As for the hit, I agree. No way should he play against LSU after taking that hit to his head.

ben300
09-30-2009, 10:13 AM
And being that this comment is coming from a Penn State "fan" it is clearly the case.

what does that have to do anything with it...i think you really have your head shoved up your buckeye...

i cant wait till pennstate knocks you, cryor, and sweater vest off this pedestal you flat landers put your self on again

but i do agree with tebow not being good in the NFl...neither will bradford....you cant pass from the shotgun in the nfl every single play...simply does not work

tp300ex
09-30-2009, 10:24 AM
tebow wont be good as a quarter back but they can find a place for him

madskrillz2
09-30-2009, 12:57 PM

Notice what I said in my post before you brought that game up. Utah was a lot better team than everyone thought. I would put big money on them stomping Ohio State any day. As for the weather, give me a break. As somebody has already said, players up north can't handle 100 degree 100 percent humidity. Oh and it gets well below 60 degrees during the winter here so don't act like it's just a northern thing. We just never get the snow. Plus if you have to bring up weather as a factor you just need to shut your mouth.

jcv400ex
09-30-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't think Tebow is an NFL quarterback...the offense is way different than what he is used to in the NFL. He just isn't a pocket passer like the NFL requires. I don't get the hatred for Tebow, most of it is just jealousy. And being that this comment is coming from a Penn State "fan" it is clearly the case. As for the hit, I agree. No way should he play against LSU after taking that hit to his head.

No jealousy here, I wouldn't want the kid. His head is too big for his shoulders....

You're just bitter because you got beat last year by Penn State at the shoe! :blah:

Tommy 17
09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Wow I love these comments. I can't believe how truly dumb and ridiculous some of them are.

1st things 1st... Half of you morons didn't even go to the college your arguing about or supporting. Your to stupid to be accepted there or graduate from a program from a Big Ten or SEC school. Therefore any comment you have is completely worthless in my book and don't mean ****. Your opinion means nothing and it never will... Go root for your high school or your community college :rolleyes: Keep arguing for a school that you could only one day dream of going to. You sound real intelligent. Until you have gone there shut up....

I live in columbus ohio so I'm around buckeye fans everyday. The biggest problem I have with ohio state is they worship Trussel when he sucks. He won a national championship with recruits from the previous coach. That was not his team. Since his recruits are in they haven't done a thing. Ohio state gets shown up every year when it comes to the big game...

Penn state has won most of its bowl games, with the exception of the rose bowl last year. Yes I'll say it we sucked and the same goes for the IOWA game this year. You can't win everything, but we have beaten Florida State, Tennessee (from your o so great SEC CONF), and others. OSU hasn't beaten anyone in the last couple of years except Michigan (and thats saying a whole lot)...

Rant over...

woodsman250r
09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
No jealousy here, I wouldn't want the kid. His head is too big for his shoulders....

You're just bitter because you got beat last year by Penn State at the shoe! :blah:

LOL I knew my rants would get yours and Tommy's attention at some point haha. Anyways, you guys might have gotten lucky last year but this year we will be coming to "Crappy Valley" to lay the smack down! But WTF happened to you guys with Iowa man? Clark looked like a freshman in his first game! I was rooting for State too so it would make our win against you guys look better! :devil: And now moving on to Tommy...you are an idiot, especially about Ohio State football. Tressel has taken us to the NC game 3 times since 2002, winning percentage of 82.4, bowl game every year with 4 wins, 5 big ten titles and I could go on...but yea he hasn't done anything :rolleyes: Those stats just prove you are a bitter Penn State fan who wishes they were as good as the Bucks! But for real tho man I'll be in Cbus for the Penn State game if you wanna meet up and put a little wager on the game! :macho

Pipeless416
09-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
1st things 1st... Half of you morons didn't even go to the college your arguing about or supporting. Your to stupid to be accepted there or graduate from a program from a Big Ten or SEC school. Therefore any comment you have is completely worthless in my book and don't mean ****. Your opinion means nothing and it never will... Go root for your highschool or your community college :rolleyes: Keep arguing for a school that you could only one day dream of going to. You sound real intelligent. Until you have gone there shut up...

wow, i don't think i've seen a comment as rude as this. that was incredibly cocky. congratulations, there goes any respect i once had for you.

Tommy 17
09-30-2009, 02:04 PM
LOL I knew my rants would get yours and Tommy's attention at some point haha. Anyways, you guys might have gotten lucky last year but this year we will be coming to "Crappy Valley" to lay the smack down! But WTF happened to you guys with Iowa man? Clark looked like a freshman in his first game! I was rooting for State too so it would make our win against you guys look better! :devil: And now moving on to Tommy...you are an idiot, especially about Ohio State football. Tressel has taken us to the NC game 3 times since 2002, winning percentage of 82.4, bowl game every year with 4 wins, 5 big ten titles and I could go on...but yea he hasn't done anything :rolleyes: Those stats just prove you are a bitter Penn State fan who wishes they were as good as the Bucks! But for real tho man I'll be in Cbus for the Penn State game if you wanna meet up and put a little wager on the game! :macho

Your 82.4 win percentage means **** if they can't win the big game. Yes you've been to 3NC games and lost 2 of them so whats that prove??? Both times you went you were a 1 loss team also... The 5 big ten titles is bull****. Penn State beat you two years and they gave you co-camps because of a loop hole.

honda400ex68b
09-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Wow I love these comments. I can't believe how truely dumb and rediculous some of them are.

1st things 1st... Half of you morons didn't even go to the college your arguing about or supporting. Your to stupid to be accepted there or graduate from a program from a Big Ten or SEC school. Therefore any comment you have is completely worthless in my book and don't mean ****. Your opinion means nothing and it never will... Go root for your highschool or your community college :rolleyes: Keep arguing for a school that you could only one day dream of going to. You sound real intelligent. Until you have gone there shut up....

I live in columbus ohio so I'm around buckeye fans everyday. The biggest problem I have with ohio state is they worship Trussel when he sucks. He won a national championship with recruits from the previous coach. That was not his team. Since his recruits are in they haven't done a thing. Ohio state gets shown up every year when it comes to the big game...

Penn state has won most of its bowl games, with the exception of the rose bowl last year. Yes I'll say it we sucked and the same goes for the IOWA game this year. You can't win everything, but we have beaten Florida State, Tennessee (from your o so great SEC CONF), and others. OSU hasn't beaten anyone in the last couple of years except Michigan (and thats saying a whole lot)...

Rant over...

Rant is not over, since i started the thread to begin with. and what makes you say we are morons, because we didnt go to college? I live around penn state fans :rolleyes: and they worship paterno, what are you going to do when he retires in about another 100 years? :D and as far as our opinions go, they are just that. its still a free country, so like them or not, too bad!!!!!!

and as far as penn state and bowl games, they go and win, sometimes, but not the bowl game they want. :D :D :D

woodsman250r
09-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Your 82.4 win percentage means **** if they can't win the big game. Yes you've been to 3NC games and lost 2 of them so whats that prove??? Both times you went you were a 1 loss team also... The 5 big ten titles is bull****. Penn State beat you two years and they gave you co-camps because of a loop hole.

Hold on a sec...I'm trying to find you some tissues. Point being Tommy, you guys have been to ZERO NC games since Tressel came to OSU. And so what we didn't win, we were still there while you guys sat at home and cried about loop holes, planetary alignments, ancient curses, or whatever that caused you guys to get screwed during the year. Just get over yourself and bashing people for not going to college. And FYI we can tell you were about ready to cry while you type out your "rant." And I kept trying to research this "co-camps" title you were referring to but can't find anything about it, care to use your superior college education to elaborate on this???

woodsman250r
09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
One last thing, before you start on a huge rant about calling people morons, check your spelling and grammar. :blah:

JR3
09-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
wow, i don't think i've seen a comment as rude as this. that was incredibly cocky. congratulations, there goes any respect i once had for you.

+1

extremeblastr
09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Notice what I said in my post before you brought that game up. Utah was a lot better team than everyone thought. I would put big money on them stomping Ohio State any day. As for the weather, give me a break. As somebody has already said, players up north can't handle 100 degree 100 percent humidity. Oh and it gets well below 60 degrees during the winter here so don't act like it's just a northern thing. We just never get the snow. Plus if you have to bring up weather as a factor you just need to shut your mouth.

weather is always a factor but it can be accounted for. when i was in highschool our team prided itself in being able to run three a days during summer vaca even though we were a cold weather team. as for woodsman don't worry one day someone will hit him in the head with something heavy and he'll come to his senses.

extremeblastr
09-30-2009, 04:24 PM
One last thing, before you start on a huge rant about calling people morons, check your spelling and grammar. :blah:

spelling counts but grammar rarely does. i usually only use periods or commas on here to relay the fact that i'm moving on to a new idea or portion of an idea lol.

J.Brown121
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
wow tommy 17....you are officailly the biggest jerk on the site. don't come on here insulting peoples intelligences. just b/c you have a degree doesn't mean that you're any smarter or better than any person without a degree.

Tommy 17
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Hold on a sec...I'm trying to find you some tissues. Point being Tommy, you guys have been to ZERO NC games since Tressel came to OSU. And so what we didn't win, we were still there while you guys sat at home and cried about loop holes, planetary alignments, ancient curses, or whatever that caused you guys to get screwed during the year. Just get over yourself and bashing people for not going to college. And FYI we can tell you were about ready to cry while you type out your "rant." And I kept trying to research this "co-camps" title you were referring to but can't find anything about it, care to use your superior college education to elaborate on this???

Do I care about spelling? Hell no... If all you can do is critize me because I typed a word wrong and not the actual content of what I was saying thats bad.

And for everyone calling me a jerk and telling me I "lost their respect" do you think I care one bit? You guys have no idea about the past posts on this subject over the last 5 years. I just find it funny that people who have never attended these schools nor will they ever act like they know it all. Don't talk **** about something you've never been a part of...

Ralph
09-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Is all the bickering really worth it? I go to Penn State and I only applied to Penn State after highschool.

I am no Superfan but I know it is one of the best schools in the country on several metrics besides football.

Penn State ranks #1 in Engineering and Material Sciences

2nd in defense related research

3rd nationally in industry funded research

We have the largest run student philanthropy in the world.

We also have a great football team and a very loyal fan base. State College becomes the 3rd biggest city in Pennsylvania on football weekends. We may not win every game but we are far from a bad team.

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut every once in a while.

madskrillz2
09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Wow I love these comments. I can't believe how truly dumb and ridiculous some of them are.

1st things 1st... Half of you morons didn't even go to the college your arguing about or supporting. Your to stupid to be accepted there or graduate from a program from a Big Ten or SEC school. Therefore any comment you have is completely worthless in my book and don't mean ****. Your opinion means nothing and it never will... Go root for your high school or your community college :rolleyes: Keep arguing for a school that you could only one day dream of going to. You sound real intelligent. Until you have gone there shut up....

Rant over...

I hope you're not referring to me. Though I'm an Alabama fan, I'll more than likely be at Auburn next fall. Auburn is a much better school than Alabama which is why I decided to make that decision. But that is totally besides the point. Most of us grow up rooting for these teams. It's just a tradition or whatever you want to call it. Peoples parents go to these colleges and their kids usually root for the same team. Anyway, we'll see how Penn State does against Alabama next year. Don't worry, I'll be the first to make a thread about it too when they get drilled.

honda400ex68b
09-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Is all the bickering really worth it? I go to Penn State and I only applied to Penn State after highschool.

I am no Superfan but I know it is one of the best schools in the country on several metrics besides football.

Penn State ranks #1 in Engineering and Material Sciences

2nd in defense related research

3rd nationally in industry funded research

We have the largest run student philanthropy in the world.

We also have a great football team and a very loyal fan base. State College becomes the 3rd biggest city in Pennsylvania on football weekends. We may not win every game but we are far from a bad team.

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut every once in a while.

and they also got voted the #1 party school, that accounts for why they have so many students, so say what you will about the academics. dont forget to mention that a student died from all things, alcohol, not academics. and i know that all schools have alcohol problems.

J.Brown121
09-30-2009, 07:53 PM
the whole "if you don't attend the school, you can't be a fan" thing is rediculous man. my father grew up in norman and worked at OU for 30 years, and he's as diehard a fan as it gets. i don't know about the penn state games, but at OU our stadium seats 85,000 and i can assure you that maybe 25,000 of the people in the stands are OU alums or students. i have no problems with PSU, but people that think they are better than anyone else b/c of they have a degree really get under my skin

Ralph
09-30-2009, 08:08 PM
and they also got voted the #1 party school, that accounts for why they have so many students, so say what you will about the academics. dont forget to mention that a student died from all things, alcohol, not academics. and i know that all schools have alcohol problems.

What is your point. We party hard and still get the work done at the end of the day.

No body is sure about the conditions that let up to Dado's death but I can tell you that it has no connection to Penn State.

Apparently Joe Dado made his way up to a roof before falling to his death in the stairway. I really don't know how that could factor into the reputation of penn state.

I don't really buy into the number one party school meme because it is mainly based off of a simple survey sent out the a small selection of students from each campus.

But even without alcohol, we still party pretty good. THON raised something like 7.5 million dollars last year for pediatric cancer. This was a dancing marathon type of thing where drinking had no contribution.

honda400ex68b
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
What is your point. We party hard and still get the work done at the end of the day.

No body is sure about the conditions that let up to Dado's death but I can tell you that it has no connection to Penn State.

Apparently Joe Dado made his way up to a roof before falling to his death in the stairway. I really don't know how that could factor into the reputation of penn state.

I don't really buy into the number one party school meme because it is mainly based off of a simple survey sent out the a small selection of students from each campus.

But even without alcohol, we still party pretty good. THON raised something like 7.5 million dollars last year for pediatric cancer. This was a dancing marathon type of thing where drinking had no contribution.

i know they raise money for good causes.

no point i guess. sorry for the meaningless reply, our opinions mean nothing, i was just being a stupid moron with no point in life without a degree, just ask Tommy.

Ralph
09-30-2009, 09:10 PM
i was just being a stupid moron with no point in life without a degree, just ask Tommy. ]

as long as you know it :blah:

Don't let him get you all fired up.

tp300ex
09-30-2009, 10:14 PM
tommy fans around here would have a blast f'ing with you:p

woodsman250r
10-01-2009, 10:18 AM
While Tommy was attending Penn State AKA Best School in the Universe, he invented football. To build the best football team ever, he only used students that went to Penn State. He then designed the biggest and best stadium ever and filled it with the best fans ever. To brag about his achievements, he invented the internet and the site exriders so the world would know how smart he really was and how stupid everyone else was in comparison. Tommy is the smartest kid ever, knows more about football than anyone, went to the best school ever, and overall is just BETTER than you. Thank you for everything you do and say Tommy, the world is a better place because of you!

J.Brown121
10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
that's good stuff lol

hondariderdylan
10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
wow
goes from college to crap flinging

lol, i love this site:devil:

madskrillz2
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
While Tommy was attending Penn State AKA Best School in the Universe, he invented football. To build the best football team ever, he only used students that went to Penn State. He then designed the biggest and best stadium ever and filled it with the best fans ever. To brag about his achievements, he invented the internet and the site exriders so the world would know how smart he really was and how stupid everyone else was in comparison. Tommy is the smartest kid ever, knows more about football than anyone, went to the best school ever, and overall is just BETTER than you. Thank you for everything you do and say Tommy, the world is a better place because of you!

I have a new found respect for you my friend. :D

JR3
10-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Do I care about spelling? Hell no... If all you can do is critize me because I typed a word wrong and not the actual content of what I was saying thats bad.

And for everyone calling me a jerk and telling me I "lost their respect" do you think I care one bit? You guys have no idea about the past posts on this subject over the last 5 years. I just find it funny that people who have never attended these schools nor will they ever act like they know it all. Don't talk **** about something you've never been a part of...

THEY MUST SERVE GOOD PUNCH THERE HAHA

jcv400ex
10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
LOL I knew my rants would get yours and Tommy's attention at some point haha. Anyways, you guys might have gotten lucky last year but this year we will be coming to "Crappy Valley" to lay the smack down! But WTF happened to you guys with Iowa man? Clark looked like a freshman in his first game! I was rooting for State too so it would make our win against you guys look better! :devil: :macho

Yeah, Clark totally blowed in that game....I was hoping that first drive TD would settle him down and it did....but then we tried going with the old conservative offensive scheme Penn State is known for....and once again, bites us in the ***!

jcv400ex
10-01-2009, 08:14 PM
wow tommy 17....you are officailly the biggest jerk on the site. don't come on here insulting peoples intelligences. just b/c you have a degree doesn't mean that you're any smarter or better than any person without a degree.

Intelligences????? I take it you're still in the "young and dumb" stage??????:confused:

jcv400ex
10-01-2009, 08:16 PM

You got the stadium part right! :macho