PDA

View Full Version : need help with my banshee

djsimm89
09-26-2009, 06:38 PM
ok heres the issue number one is i cannot figure out how to tighten the chain usualy on newer atvs there are 4 bolts at the end of the swing arm u losen those and pull back a huge circle piece and that tightens the chain. But not on the banshee someone help me with this include pics if possible .
My other issue is my banshee is constantly bogging down for no reason. Ill start it up let it warm up then rip it around for about 10 min then out of no where it boggs. sometimes when i feel it bog ill grab the clutch and rev it right as i begin to let the clutch out agen it bogs again. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

djsimm89
09-27-2009, 09:56 PM
19 people look at this and have no replys can someone give me some help

J.Brown121
09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
for tightening the chain you need to loosen the carrier bolts on the side that the disc is at (they are lock nuts so they are on there good) i believe the top nut is a 17mm and bottom is a 14mm but anywas on the bottom of the carrier there are 2 10mm screws that go in and out, in is to tighten the chain and out is to loosen, make sure you turn both of them the exact same distants to keep it straight.

i used the search and found this man. hope it helps

snoboarder2684
09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
thats exactly how to tighten the chain!!! as for the bog...it seems to me you have a jetting issue, either too large mains or needles in wrong position.

also make sure your mixin your gas right, could be too much oil and its boggin it down. but more than likely its jetting!

i would love to help you on this but I run a single carb and have had poor results tryin to tune dual carbs!!!! sorry man i hope this helps!

djsimm89
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
ok well i have stock jets so idk wat can be the issue with the jettin but im interested in this single carb idea can u tell me some more about were i can get some info on this mod

CSR400EX
09-29-2009, 09:31 PM
what all mods are done to your bike??

djsimm89
09-29-2009, 11:09 PM
the bike is aboslutley bone stock nothing modified but it is old dont know the year possibly a 97

snoboarder2684
09-30-2009, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by djsimm89
ok well i have stock jets so idk wat can be the issue with the jettin but im interested in this single carb idea can u tell me some more about were i can get some info on this mod

trinity stage IV single carb intake....someone is always sellin one on bansheehq.com i myself love it!!!! 1 carb to tune, it eliminates the lack of power down low, and throttle isn't stiff as hell!!! i trail ride my banshee all the time and i am sure w/o this there would be no way i could ride it like i do. i.e. lug it up a rocky hill in 1st gear like everyone else. some say that you lose top end, which you may not enough for me to notice where i ride. check out bansheehq.com though alot of good info on there, but before u post make sure you use the search!!!! they will flame the hell out of you if not!!!!

Hope this helps
-Mike

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121423

found it this morning!!! you won't find a better deal w/ the 2->1 carb and filter!!!!

djsimm89
09-30-2009, 07:44 AM
thanks allot mike uve been a big help ima do some more research about this one carb thing and keep u updated on how it turns out

snoboarder2684
09-30-2009, 08:20 AM
thanks allot mike uve been a big help ima do some more research about this one carb thing and keep u updated on how it turns out

not a problem...my cylinders are bored .60 over, mild port job, +4 timing, vf3 reeds, fmf fatty's to fmf powercore silencers, decked head, and lightened flywheel, i am running a single 35mm bored to 37-38 mikuni carb. i think im runnin a 168 main but i dont remember. i got from 168-175 main depending on time of year here in western pa at apx 2200 ft elevation.

glad i could help, hope this helps alittle more!!!

djsimm89
10-03-2009, 11:13 PM
well the issue wit the carbs and bogging has goten a little better it dosent happen as often i looked into the 2 in 1 sedtup and relly cant aford it right now and the chain situation happened to be that the chain was stretched to the max so we had a link taken out of it and now its way to tight so its time for a new chain lol any advice on were i should get one for a relativeley inexpensive price?

snoboarder2684
10-04-2009, 12:18 PM
look on motosport.com and get a package w/ an o-ring 525 chain and new sprockets. if u throw a new chain on old sprockets it will prematurely wear the chain! i usually use D.I.D. chains! they hold up very good for the beating i give them!!! lol hope this helps!!!

djsimm89
10-05-2009, 12:24 PM
y do u say a 525 chain when the banshee chain size is 549x104 im kinda confused

snoboarder2684
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
y do u say a 525 chain when the banshee chain size is 549x104 im kinda confused

oh i got a 525 for mine i thought. i could be wrong though. length is diff for me i have a +3 swinger

djsimm89
10-05-2009, 08:37 PM
o ok i got u well i ordered the chain it should be here on fri hopefully ill be riding this weekend