PDA

View Full Version : Read this for me pleaseeeeeee!!!

quadlessmike
01-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Guys I need you to read this and give me feed back!!! Its for school!! Thanx

I yawned as my dad said, “Wake up it is almost time to go.” I hopped out of bed. It was a beautiful day for four-wheeling. I put a pair of jeans and a T-shirt on as I walked out of my room to go eat breakfast. At breakfast my dad asked me if I was ready for another big day of racing.
I replied “just like always.”
He said “hurry up and eat we have to go in five minutes!”
“Ok” I replied. I finished up and hopped in the car. We packed all of our stuff the night before a race. Then we were off!
It took us about two hours to get there. When we arrived, I pulled my yellow Honda 400EX out of the trailer. I got dressed so I could get a feel for the track. My four-wheeler sputtered as I drove it to the track of the 2003 Four Wheeler Races.
I went around the track once in first gear, just to see what the track was like. This year was the first year that they had a fifty-foot double. For those people out there that are not familiar with the term “Double,” it means that you ascend up one ramp, and there is another ramp on the other side for you to land on. As I came to the starting line again, I shifted into third gear and took off down the straightaway at the beginning. As soon as I made the first turn, I hit this huge long set of woops. Woops are rolling bumps. Right at the end of the woops, there was a small ten-foot double. After the second turn, there was a tabletop and after the tabletop, there it was - the fifty-foot double. I didn’t jump it just yet. I thought that I would wait till the race. I pulled off the track and sped off to my trailer.
My dad was waiting for me when I got back to the trailer. He said, “pull your four wheeler into the trailer, so we can put the racing plastic on.” When I pulled it into the trailer, I saw this box on the floor.
I asked my dad what it was and he said, “Open it up and find out.” So I got down on my hands and knees and opened it. My eyes lit up when I saw what was inside. It was a brand new set of nerf bars. Again for those people, who have never heard of nerf bars, they are a u-shaped piece of metal that has a netting-like pattern of rope, and they go under your foot pegs. For those of you that just want it in plain English they are like floorboards. We went ahead and put the new nerf bars on and we also put on my racing plastic.
The first race was coming up fast, so I decided to go for one last ride around the track before race time. I did the whole track again. After that, I went to a concession stand to grab some food. While I was there, I saw a long rival of mine. His name was TJ Kline. He had the exact same four-wheeler as I did. In every race that I faced him, we would always be neck and neck. Then some how at the last second he sped up and beat me. But today was the day I was going to pull ahead and beat him. As I was standing in line thinking about how I was going to beat him, I herd all 90cc four wheelers come to the starting line. When I heard that, I hurried up and got back to my trailer. Even though my race wasn’t for about forty five minutes, I wanted to get ready early.
I got all suited up and then ate lunch. I sat there and smelled the sweet smell of four- wheeler exhaust and the cool sound of the revving four wheelers. I watched the second race for 250cc four wheelers. The hot dog bun was all soggy from being in the wrapper for a while. But it still tasted like a regular old hotdog with ketchup and mustard on it.
The race after that one was the 300cc race. The 300cc race was right before mine, so I hurried up and went over to the starting line. As soon as the 300cc race started, the 400cc four wheelers lined up. That included me. The starter guy lined us up on the line. I had the best spot on the line. The 300cc race ended, and my race was about to begin. I was looking for my rival, but I didn’t see him. The starter said, “Ready, set, GO!” I got a great start off the line. I was in first! I went around the first corner, and I almost went off the track. This one guy got ahead of me when I did that, so I hurried up and caught up to him and got ahead. On the last lap, I was almost caught by a guy on a Warrior. I won that race.
After the race I asked my dad, “why wasn’t TJ in the race?”
He said, “There are two divisions.”
“Does this mean I won’t have to race him?” I replied.
My dad stated, “If you win your division you will race him”
I relaxed because I had about an hour until my next race. I watched a bunch of races until two races before mine. Then I got ready and pulled my four-wheeler out of the trailer and drove it to the starting line. The starter lined me up again. This was the race in which I had to come in the top three or I wouldn’t get to race TJ. So, this is the race I really have to try to win. I relaxed and got ready to start. The starter yelled, “Ready, set, go!” I got a bad start and was in fifth place. I came around the first turn and picked up two riders. While I was going over the woops, I caught another guy and was in second. In the last lap, the guy in front of me wiped out on the last turn, and I took his place and won the race. That meant that I get to race TJ. I had to wait another hour before the last race, so I took a nap. I woke up two races before I had to be at the line. So I hurried up and got my gear on. I had enough time to rest before the biggest race of my life.
I went to the line. When I got there I saw him it was TJ. I wanted to beat him so bad! The starter lined us up. The funny thing was that he was lined up right next to me. The starter walked backwards and said, “Ready, Set, GO!”I got a great jump off the line. I was in first, but TJ was right behind me and was gaining on me. Going over the woops were easy, but he was still right on my tail. After the first double, I got a little worried I felt like he was going to beat me, but the sweet smell of four-wheeler exhaust kept me going. The thing that freaked me out was that I heard voices in my head saying I was going to beat him. But I kept it all together and pulled ahead and beat him.

SGA
01-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Good Job!:)
Whats a table top? I know, but your readers may not. Explain what it is to the readers.

redrider ex
01-13-2003, 11:22 AM
good story

OutCast
01-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Great story quadlessmike! I appreciate your attension to detail and your grammar was excellent. Also congrats on your win!

TheRedRebel17
sweet

MSL
Good Story

Pappy
01-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by quadlessmike

I yawned as my dad said, “Wake up it is almost time to go.” I hopped out of bed and it was a beautiful day for four-wheeling. I put a pair of jeans and a T-shirt on as I walked out of my room to go eat breakfast, and at breakfast my dad asked me if I was ready for another big day of racing.
He said, “hurry up and eat we have to go in five minutes!”
“Ok” I replied. I finished up and hopped in the car. We packed all of our stuff the night before the race,then we were off!
It took us about two hours to get there.
When we arrived, I pulled my yellow Honda 400EX out of the trailer. I got dressed so I could get a feel for the track. My four-wheeler sputtered as I drove it to the track of the 2003 Four Wheeler Races.
I went around the track once in first gear, just to see what the track was like. This year was the first year that they had a fifty-foot double. For those people out there that are not familiar with the term “Double,” it means that you ascend up one ramp, and there is another ramp on the other side for you to land on. As I came to the starting line again, I shifted into third gear and took off down the straightaway at the beginning. As soon as I made the first turn, I hit this huge long set of woops. Woops are rolling bumps. Right at the end of the woops, there was a small ten-foot double. After the second turn, there was a tabletop and after the tabletop, there it was - the fifty-foot double. I didn’t jump it just yet, I thought that I would wait till the race. I pulled off the track and sped off to my trailer.
My dad was waiting for me when I got back to the trailer. He said, “pull your four wheeler into the trailer, so we can put the racing plastic on.” When I pulled it into the trailer, I saw this box on the floor.
I asked my dad what it was and he said, “Open it up and find out.” So I got down on my hands and knees and opened it. My eyes lit up when I saw what was inside. It was a brand new set of nerf bars. Again for those people, who have never heard of nerf bars, they are a u-shaped piece of metal that has a netting-like pattern of rope, and they go under your foot pegs. For those of you that just want it in plain English they are like floorboards. We went ahead and put the new nerf bars on and we also put on my racing plastic.
The first race was coming up fast, so I decided to go for one last ride around the track before race time. I did the whole track again. After that, I went to a concession stand to grab some food. While I was there, I saw a long rival of mine. His name was TJ Kline. He had the exact same four-wheeler as I did. In every race that I faced him, we would always be neck and neck,then some how at the last second he sped up and beat me. But today was the day I was going to pull ahead and beat him. As I was standing in line thinking about how I was going to beat him, I herd all 90cc four wheelers come to the starting line. When I heard that, I hurried up and got back to my trailer. Even though my race wasn’t for about forty five minutes, I wanted to get ready early.
I got all suited up and then ate lunch. I sat there and smelled the sweet smell of four- wheeler exhaust and the cool sound of the revving four wheelers. I watched the second race for 250cc four wheelers. The hot dog bun was all soggy from being in the wrapper for a while, but it still tasted like a regular old hotdog with ketchup and mustard on it.
The race after that one was the 300cc race. The 300cc race was right before mine, so I hurried up and went over to the starting line. As soon as the 300cc race started, the 400cc four wheelers lined up. That included me. The starter guy lined us up on the line, and I had the best spot on the line. The 300cc race ended, and my race was about to begin. I was looking for my rival, but I didn’t see him. The starter said, “Ready, set, GO!” I got a great start off the line. I was in first! I went around the first corner, and I almost went off the track. This one guy got ahead of me when I did that, so I hurried up and caught up to him and got ahead. On the last lap, I was almost caught by a guy on a Warrior. I won that race!
I relaxed because I had about an hour until my next race. I watched a bunch of races until two races before mine. Then I got ready and pulled my four-wheeler out of the trailer and drove it to the starting line. The starter lined me up again. This was the race in which I had to come in the top three or I wouldn’t get to race TJ. So, this is the race I really have to try to win. I relaxed and got ready to start. The starter yelled, “Ready, set, go!” I got a bad start and was in fifth place. I came around the first turn and picked up two riders. While I was going over the woops, I caught another guy and was in second. In the last lap, the guy in front of me wiped out on the last turn, and I took his place and won the race. That meant that I would get to race TJ. I had to wait another hour before the last race, so I took a nap. I woke up two races before I had to be at the line. So I hurried up and got my gear on. I had enough time to rest before the biggest race of my life.
I went to the line and when I got there I saw him, it was TJ. I wanted to beat him so bad! The starter lined us up,and the funny thing was that he was lined up right next to me. The starter walked backwards and said, “Ready, Set, GO!”I got a great jump off the line. I was in first, but TJ was right behind me and was gaining on me. Going over the woops were easy, but he was still right on my tail. After the first double, I got a little worried I felt like he was going to beat me, but the sweet smell of four-wheeler exhaust kept me going. The thing that freaked me out was that I heard voices in my head saying I was going to beat him. But I kept it all together and pulled ahead and beat him.

good job!!! i corrected some puncuation and a few mistakes....but i'd give ya an A:D

phatswinn
01-13-2003, 12:17 PM
i have a short attention span but the first couple or sentences looked 100 times better than anything i would write

Predator36
01-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Wow, wish I could write like that. Good job on both the racing and the writing. I guess I'll just ride and wrench.

Where was this race??

Nausty
01-13-2003, 12:30 PM
lol good story, it reminds me of how I feel a lot of times before the gate drops.

lil400exman
01-13-2003, 12:31 PM
its fiction you see

quadlessmike
01-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Thankx 4 all of the good feedback my teacher will love it!!!!!:D

quadlessmike
01-13-2003, 12:56 PM
A table top is like a double with the middle filled in.

250exen
01-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by OutCast
Great story quadlessmike! I appreciate your attension to detail and your grammar was excellent. Also congrats on your win!

ya he beet me(in his dreams). this is TJ incase you wanted to know
I will also have to put mine up here tonight. We have to "publish" our storys somewhere and i figured since it was an atv story and an atv site....what the heack(yes he took the idea from me):(

250exen
01-13-2003, 01:32 PM
man i have the addiction bad. i really need to be working on my story cuse its due wed. but im on here. goes to show ya.......

HondaRancherES
01-13-2003, 01:33 PM
I liked it

toby400ex
01-13-2003, 04:33 PM
thats the most ive read in months, but it reminds me of the reason i ride.:D

TC17
01-13-2003, 04:47 PM
awesome! mine is dull compared to that. i had an English project to do. man, i can't wait to race!

400exrules
01-13-2003, 04:50 PM
that was awesome, i just wish i had a quad, and a place to race and especially parents who give a crap about it. there are zero tracks that i know of around here, just drag racin tracks so i guess thats all ill do when i get my quad but id love to mx or xc, but when your parents dont care, your gettin no where. i cant wait to be on my own...

EvilJester400EX
01-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful! Brings a tear to my eye...
Alright, on a more serious note, it's perfect, describes a day of riding perfectly... The Jester thinks you'll get an A on the paper. (The Jester knows all) :huh

bluebaron
01-13-2003, 05:59 PM
is it long enough:rolleyes: :D :D

exriderdude
01-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by quadlessmike

I yawned as my dad said, “Wake up it is almost time to go.” I hopped out of bed. It was a beautiful day for four-wheeling. I put a pair of jeans and a T-shirt on as I walked out of my room to go eat breakfast. At breakfast my dad asked me if I was ready for another big day of racing.
He said “hurry up and eat we have to go in five minutes!”
“Ok” I replied. I finished up and hopped in the car. We packed all of our stuff the night before a race. Then we were off!
It took us about two hours to get there. When we arrived, I pulled my yellow Honda 400EX out of the trailer. I got dressed so I could get a feel for the track. My four-wheeler sputtered as I drove it to the track of the 2003 Four Wheeler Races.
I went around the track once in first gear, just to see what the track was like. This year was the first year that they had a fifty-foot double. For those people out there that are not familiar with the term “Double,” it means that you ascend up one ramp, and there is another ramp on the other side for you to land on. As I came to the starting line again, I shifted into third gear and took off down the straightaway at the beginning. As soon as I made the first turn, I hit this huge long set of woops. Woops are rolling bumps. Right at the end of the woops, there was a small ten-foot double. After the second turn, there was a tabletop and after the tabletop, there it was - the fifty-foot double. I didn’t jump it just yet. I thought that I would wait till the race. I pulled off the track and sped off to my trailer.
The first race was coming up fast, so I decided to go for one last ride around the track before race time. I did the whole track again. After that, I went to a concession stand to grab some food. While I was there, I saw a long rival of mine. His name was TJ Kline. He had the exact same four-wheeler as I did. In every race that I faced him, we would always be neck and neck. Then some how at the last second he sped up and beat me. But today was the day I was going to pull ahead and beat him. As I was standing in line thinking about how I was going to beat him, I herd all 90cc four wheelers come to the starting line. When I heard that, I hurried up and got back to my trailer. Even though my race wasn’t for about forty five minutes, I wanted to get ready early.
I got all suited up and then ate lunch. I sat there and smelled the sweet smell of four- wheeler exhaust and the cool sound of the revving four wheelers. I watched the second race for 250cc four wheelers. The hot dog bun was all soggy from being in the wrapper for a while. But it still tasted like a regular old hotdog with ketchup and mustard on it.
The race after that one was the 300cc race. The 300cc race was right before mine, so I hurried up and went over to the starting line. As soon as the 300cc race started, the 400cc four wheelers lined up. That included me. The starter guy lined us up on the line. I had the best spot on the line. The 300cc race ended, and my race was about to begin. I was looking for my rival, but I didn’t see him. The starter said, “Ready, set, GO!” I got a great start off the line. I was in first! I went around the first corner, and I almost went off the track. This one guy got ahead of me when I did that, so I hurried up and caught up to him and got ahead. On the last lap, I was almost caught by a guy on a Warrior. I won that race.
I relaxed because I had about an hour until my next race. I watched a bunch of races until two races before mine. Then I got ready and pulled my four-wheeler out of the trailer and drove it to the starting line. The starter lined me up again. This was the race in which I had to come in the top three or I wouldn’t get to race TJ. So, this is the race I really have to try to win. I relaxed and got ready to start. The starter yelled, “Ready, set, go!” I got a bad start and was in fifth place. I came around the first turn and picked up two riders. While I was going over the woops, I caught another guy and was in second. In the last lap, the guy in front of me wiped out on the last turn, and I took his place and won the race. That meant that I get to race TJ. I had to wait another hour before the last race, so I took a nap. I woke up two races before I had to be at the line. So I hurried up and got my gear on. I had enough time to rest before the biggest race of my life.
I went to the line. When I got there I saw him it was TJ. I wanted to beat him so bad! The starter lined us up. The funny thing was that he was lined up right next to me. The starter walked backwards and said, “Ready, Set, GO!”I got a great jump off the line. I was in first, but TJ was right behind me and was gaining on me. Going over the woops were easy, but he was still right on my tail. After the first double, I got a little worried I felt like he was going to beat me, but the sweet smell of four-wheeler exhaust kept me going. The thing that freaked me out was that I heard voices in my head saying I was going to beat him. But I kept it all together and pulled ahead and beat him.

do you want me to read that:huh thats like..... a gizzilion words:huh