PDA

View Full Version : what would be the best pipe for a stock 300ex

11-21-2001, 07:34 PM
rid red ::devil on my 300ex i have a fmf magamax 2 pipe and my friend alex is looking for a good pipe i told him that mind works out good when i race but he wants something else hints that i can tell him ????//

11-21-2001, 08:29 PM
Tell him to go with a supertrapp IDS2 or a White Brothers E series

Poncho
11-21-2001, 08:35 PM
I've had both pipes on my 300ex that machineless said and they both give the same power to me but I like the white brothers better because of its bark.:cool:

stocktires
11-21-2001, 08:39 PM
definatly the FMF POWERCORE 2! If he needs to keep tha bitc*in to a minimun and still have the thumper roar, get the Spark arrestor, If he rides mostly MX and where no one lives he wouldnt really need the spark arrestor. It will be loud and It sux when you ride behind someone with a really loud pipe!

stevengates45
11-21-2001, 10:12 PM
Two Words for ya.

Curtis Sparks

11-21-2001, 10:23 PM
I got a Cobra 4-Stroke full system put on my 01' 300EX and if its bark hes wantin then thats what hes gunna get w/ this pipe, it gave me tons more power, wheelies out of each gear and it only cost me about $115.00, later, Nick

11-22-2001, 07:55 AM
Theres a reason why your cobra only costs $115.....

a GREAT pipe would be Curtis Sparks like stevengates45 said.

Also the PC T-4 is a good pipe too, gave me good power.
I wouldnt recomend the cobra or the WB.

IDS 2 is a good pipe too.

01_FMF_300EX you can get a stock 300EX to wheelie in all gears.

11-22-2001, 12:04 PM
1st throught 3rd...

and i dont like you much killer cuz you always gotta run your fat mouth and act like your a bad@ss...why cant you just let people make their own decisions and quit tryin to act like your so good

trx400ex
11-22-2001, 12:42 PM
hmmm. president of exriders? you sound like a bad *** yourself..

hes just trin to help a kid out by telling him the truth......cobra sucks if you have a cobra a good exhaust to upgrade to is STOCK

stocktires
11-22-2001, 12:52 PM
Cobra is a great exhaust. Killer and trx400ex should piss off about talking about other peoples stuff, killer take a look at your own exhaust, rather beautiful! not. Sparks is one of the best yet jst because everyone cant buy one that doesnt make the cheaper exhaust crap. My old 300ex came with a Cobra and it gave awesome power yet it was too loud for my neighborhood so i had to buy the FMF Powercore IV 2 Spark arrestor. The Cobra never leaked or had any problems, My FMF has broken in many places

Clay
11-22-2001, 01:39 PM
Im with stocktires. I am very displeased with my FMF Exhaust on my R and on my 300EX. The next mod for my R, is a Sparks exhaust coming with my TMM motor, if i dont sell the quad. If i were him, i would go for the Sparks or the Pro-Circuit T4. THey are both excellent exhausts. Every pipe that has been mentioned in this thread would be a good choice. Its just a matter of how much you want to spend. Sometimes, you get what you pay for. I would say the best bang for the buck would be the Pro-Circuit T4 or the WB E-Series. Good luck!!

trx400ex
11-22-2001, 02:12 PM
hey stock tires, i live around people with alot of quads , and ive seen plenty of cobra exhausts, yes i admitt the chrome is beutiful for upwards of one full day!!! then the poor welds break offand the chrome quicly turns black and white.the first thing you notice when riding on one is that they are loud! so loud that you could almost feel it gave you a whole lot of power. ride on it a couple days and the plate that says cobra on the side of the muffler falls off, oh well grip glue WILL fix that, but then you decide one day its too loud and you put the stock pipe OMG!!!! it pulls like a frieght train now , where did all this power come from? well you never had it with the cobra , but the loud exhaust note would make most narrow minded people think otherwise....now if you compare an fmf to a cobra you obviously dont know much and probably have trouble starting and riding a 250r, but i cant judge you incompetence solely from your letters..........:rolleyes:

11-22-2001, 02:17 PM
01_FMF_300EX sorry for stayting the truth and not lying and saying the Cobra is good in my opinion.

If you don't like my opinion don't read it.

stocktires why must you flame on me about my stock pipe?:confused: Did I claim it was a good pipe? :confused: Did you ASK WHY I have a stock pipe?:confused:
Go flame someone else for no reason and leave me alone.

:grr

trx400ex
11-22-2001, 02:30 PM
i think the stock pipe was for me...hehe get it .............stock pipe , stock tires,,,,,i think its more of a fact than an opinion, or actualy its both

Clay
11-22-2001, 02:37 PM
Yeah, whats up with the bashing trx?? Chill man. Cant we all just get along? :D

trx400ex
11-22-2001, 02:40 PM
my bad , ill stop now, it was fun while it lasted though.:D

stocktires
11-22-2001, 02:50 PM
Killer sorry, i'm just saying you dont have the most awesome exhaust so why talk bad about his exhaust?

trx400ex,
I garuntee you I can ride, dont wana get into one of those flames today. The Cobra complete that came on my 300 never had anything fall off or leak. It was loud! Thats why i got rid of it. When did i ever say anything about a chrome exhaust? I dunno why you would get more power out of a stock pipe but my Cobra gave nice torqure and my stock exhaust (mint) made my motor tame and not responsive. So im narrow minded trying to look like the bada** talking about other peoples rideing skill that i've never met? What an A**. But anyway I've been riding since i was 4 and racing since i was 12 . Anyway i had bad luck with my FMF, it might be a good exhaust but i think FMF puts all there effort into the bikes. My FMF on my R isnt great either and that isnt bad luck, everyone with an R and FMF exhaust does like them! Thanks crhye250r. Im gona get a PT or an ESR (best) exhaust next. But trx400ex this is a thread about exhaust not who thinks there the best rider. People who know they can ride keep it to them selves, you seem to have the attitude of a POSER!!!

trx400ex
11-22-2001, 03:15 PM
umm okay , first off i didnt write a page about how you cant ride:rolleyes: maybe what half a sentence,,,,,,,,,,and the word poser is becoming quite popular around...........BUT AS IN MOST CASES IT IS USUALLY THE GIRL WHO COMES UP AND CALLS YOU A POSER FOR WHERE ING IMITATION ALPINESTARS BOOTS,,,,,,,,,,THAT IS REALLY THE POSER,,,,THAT WOULD MAKE YOU THE ACUSER AND ME THE ACUSED. NOW WHOS SAYING WHO CANT RIDE,,,,,,,,,,,, YOU SURE ARE FLAMING ALOT FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESNT FEEL LIKE FLAMING

MxStar826
11-22-2001, 08:32 PM
I had the supertrapp ids2 on mine and i thought it worked extremely good for the cost of $240 from rockymountainatv.com

-Nick-

MichaelS693
11-22-2001, 09:14 PM
I have walked a wheelie 1st through 4th but most of the time 2nd through 3

max400EX
11-22-2001, 11:36 PM
My friend has an ESR TRX5 on his 250R... be ready to hang on to your nuts and shift every few seconds.

steiner1
11-23-2001, 12:28 AM
the best pipe for the 300ex is the white bros. pro meg with the white bros. head pipe. it is made to work with the stock setup including stock jetting. when i first put it on my 300ex it was stock and it was a huge difference in the power. it has disk that can be used to tune in the power and sound. it works well with all my mods also. it is quite a bit louder then stock. i had to rejet when i started adding my mods but that was not a problem. i live by this pipe. hope this helps.:)