PDA

View Full Version : YFZR Questions

Fralick #81
09-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey guys I just picked up my brand new YFZ 450R from the dealer yesterday. These things are awsome! I was wondering what oil everyone is running in them. Also is it normal for the head pipe to glow? I had it idling in the gargage for about 2 minutes last night and the head pipe started to glow is something wrong? I am also wondering how did you guys break in your new quads? The sales man told me to take it easy for 5 hours but I thought that sounded like a bit much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jon

mxpimp2000
09-25-2009, 10:17 PM
they gonna get hott sitting and idleing for a few mins, every 450 header glows some means its running a little lean but thats wat u want. the first 20hrs on a brand new machine is the crucial ones. some ppl are diff some ppl get em new and thrash em until they blow. some ppl baby them like me after rebuilds and as for a new bike.

oil i run yamalube 20w50 non synthetic. alotta ppl or about 80% is gonna say amsoil but if ur takin care of ur bike properly then changing the oil regularly not gonna matter wat kind u run as long as its not car oil like castrol valvoline etc. i change my oil every 2 races or every 3hrs my oil is never black it comes out a little grey never black

its a brand new bike take care of it like its a million dollars. mines a 06 and looks like a showroom quad except its setup for mx but other than that its clean!!