PDA

View Full Version : first ride

killer400ex
09-25-2009, 08:17 PM
well its been a long journey, the project started last september and betwene finances and lack of time it turned out to take forever, at some points it seemed that ther was no end to this project. when i had bought my 2000ex i had no idea about the troubles that may lie ahead, after purchasing it i quickly found that i had bought a money pit, everything needed replacing, including- tires, rims, all brake calipers, the chain, right and left a-arms, swingarm, swingarm bolt and bearings, bearing carrier, clutch, and it needed an engine rebuild. and i was told by the seller that it had no problems lol.... right. anyway, i started by first rebuilding the engine, i had it bored for a 426 11:1 wiseco piston, had the intake and exhaust ported and polished, sold the stage 1 and put a stage 2 hotcam in, and full hmf exhaust system. after finishing the motor i started looking into replacing everything els and putting a few add-on's into it but that dream was quickly shattered when i was fired from my job. so there it sat for 3 months till i had enough to spend on it again, i purchased stock a-arms because i didnt want to break the bank on an aftermarket pair and had them powder coated, after that i purchased a set of itp rims all around and bought holeshots front and rear. after running into more trouble with my rear caliper due to a loose bolt i purchased another one. and finally bought the chain. when i first started this project i had no idea it would take over a year but after the first ride today i think it was well worth the wait. the motor had been partially broken in previously and was ready to ride. so the first thing i did was challenge my buddie on his 450r, no only did i manage to keep up but i also led a few laps around the local track. but i am sad to say that this will be short lived due to the fact that i really need a car and as much as i would love to keep my ex it will be sold before winter, but just thought i would share my story with a few ppl on here, and pictures are soon to follow

honda400ex2003
09-25-2009, 09:19 PM
:( another hundy. at least you restored it. Sorry to hear you have to get rid of it. it definately sucks to see stuff that you put so much time and money into. i hope you get what you deserve out of it for all of the time and $$. with this economy it is unlikely though. steve