PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Weekend!!!

Maryland 400EX
01-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Caution.. im typing with my left due to injury. anyway, i was in my 600 hp supra racing a kawasaki zx 7 motorcycle and after beating him repeatedly, i began to see blue smoke coming from my exhaust. got home, did a compression test on all 6 cylinders and found that two pistons were hurt. time for a rebuild which is 3k. not a real big deal cause i have 120k miles and this thing is tough as nails (until today).thats bad enough but peep this. yesterday i led a convoy of 12 other quads through trails and racetracks and we were straight ballin for miles! all of a sudden i went over a hill and guess what? there was no bottom for 12 feet. the 400 and i flew airborne for 15 feet outward and 12 feet down, then WHAMM! i came down on my right shoulder and dislocated it. that hurt like s#it! you ever try to ride a quad to the hospital with just your left hand and a seperated right shoulder in 20 degree weather? very tough. just when i was about to buy dave minerts baldwin motor all this stuff happens... now i must regroup. i had just put new plastic and new graphics on the quad and that stuff is trashed! oh well, thats life...

JustRace
01-13-2003, 10:54 AM
That sucks.

Where did you race the bike at? I know those supras are ALMOST unbeatable on the freeway.

OutCast
01-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you heal soon? It's really tough being the lead dog sometimes! I had a similar accident leading one time. I was coming down a dirt road hauling *****, and when I went around the corner, I ran straight into a closed gate. It was about 6 or 7 feet high. Needless to say, I don't lead on areas I don't know that well anymore. hehe

Doibugu2
01-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

joeroadking
01-13-2003, 11:29 AM
maryland: Sorry to here you hurt your shoulder a man but it could have been a lot worse. rebuild the supra with more horsepower ! good luck on the recovery.

Outcast: I did a very similar thing came around a corner flyin and some jerk put a good size bolder right in the trail with have dozen bikes behind me, one other time I was leading in like 4th gear on my old cr500, and we cam across in wash out like 4ft deep lean back pin it and brace, wish I could say the guys behind me where so luckey.

DGR Designs
01-13-2003, 12:50 PM
man that is *****ty. i hate leading. but mostly this time of year i only do trailriding which means i go over all the mudholes cause there frozen just enought to hold one bike over, then the uys behind me all break thru an get stuck lol. hey leading isn't so bad at times!:p

Syrus
01-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Ya well its not as bad as my crash about 6 years ago, i had a CR250 and i was timing myself to see how fast i could get to the end of the "Swift road" (its a gravel road used for 4-wheelers and hunters) well there was a 18-wheeler coming from the other way slowly, he saw my coming doing about 90kph, i was just flyin. Well he stoped because he saw me coming, and he was over the hill, i came over to see a HUGE transport sitting there, had no time to stop had to lay the bike on its side. I slid all the way under the transport all the way to the end of it. i wasnt hurt, few cuts from rocks but the side of my bike was ****ed. Rocks cut it to **** but i could still run it, just looked harsh.

Well the driver helped me up and everything but it was all luck i wasnt killed..

300EXRocket
01-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Damn dude, I feel your pain. Couple of years ago I rearended a BMW that was illegally parked on my R6, flew over the car and landed on my shoulder. Luckily I was wearing full leathers, helmet, etc, so my only injuries were a dislocated shoulder and torn ligaments in my thumb. With all the adrenaline pumping, I didn't feel any pain, right away so I decided to ride home. By the time I got home, I wa feeling some serious pain, I couldn't even pull the clutch in my thumb hurt so bad.

Hope you heal up soon and good luck with the car!

Rip_Tear
01-14-2003, 05:23 PM
That does suck. I dont like leading, unless I know whats up ahead. It could be a lot worse, I know its not a Supra, but I put 3 pistons though the head of my truck engine, It was totaly screwed.

sparks400ex101
01-15-2003, 02:32 PM
you guys got it lucky, my friend josh(17) was riding a year or so ago during the summer after he had just got his new raptor within the month , well anyways he was riding along a man named ted arnolds dirt road, wich is about 3 miles long and are links to many trail, he was riding with some people (i decided not to go) but he went in on the dirtpath with friends , later on when ted say them go through there he went on his path and put a cable all the way acroos his path about the size of my pinky, well as the were commin back later on that night josh was in the front over everyone hittin about 60 and he didnt have enought time to see the wine, and it went through his torso and almost cut him in half, his entestines had fallen out, and he immediatly swelled up in his head he layed there, the called 911, and he was pronounced dead, and the man that put up the cable was on tv and wasnt charged for anything, they showed him on tv, and he didnt so much as have sorrow from what he has done to josh and his family in his voice, his family was devistated when i saw them at the wake, you may not think that story is strange but ill tell you whats strange about it, (both our names are josh) (we both ride the same trails) (we both are best friends) ( and he wrecked at the same spot about 10 ft away from where ive had my only near death experience(on my quad)):(

QuadJunkies
01-16-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Maryland 400EX
Caution.. im typing with my left due to injury. anyway, i was in my 600 hp supra racing a kawasaki zx 7 motorcycle and after beating him repeatedly, i began to see blue smoke coming from my exhaust. got home, did a compression test on all 6 cylinders and found that two pistons were hurt. time for a rebuild which is 3k. not a real big deal cause i have 120k miles and this thing is tough as nails (until today).thats bad enough but peep this. yesterday i led a convoy of 12 other quads through trails and racetracks and we were straight ballin for miles! all of a sudden i went over a hill and guess what? there was no bottom for 12 feet. the 400 and i flew airborne for 15 feet outward and 12 feet down, then WHAMM! i came down on my right shoulder and dislocated it. that hurt like s#it! you ever try to ride a quad to the hospital with just your left hand and a seperated right shoulder in 20 degree weather? very tough. just when i was about to buy dave minerts baldwin motor all this stuff happens... now i must regroup. i had just put new plastic and new graphics on the quad and that stuff is trashed! oh well, thats life... Im sorry to hear about all this..:( I wish ya a speedy recovery,man when it rains,it pours huh..

siberthugd
01-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey Maryland...

I'm sorry for your injury... Hope ya heal up quick! That being said, what kind of Supra you got? I HAD a 1995 JDM, right-hand drive, six speed, Targa top. Yellow. It was tight. I lost my Grandfather and got a decent amount of money from a wrongful death suit (malpractice), so I decided to get my dream car. After searching and tons of research, I found this car w/8,000 original miles and a shipper from Japan. After getting it for a mere $32,000 SHIPPED, my father and I started the intense project... Twin Greddy T88 turbos, Greddy turbo exhaust manifold, 100 shot ZEX computerized nitrous (for turbo lag, LOL), Greddy intake, custom 3 inch Tanabe dual exhaust, APEX turbo timers, NGK spark plugs, Intrax adjustable coilovers, Stillen Body Kit, Yellow Paint Job, full rollcage, custom aluminum interior (dash, door panels, floor panels, console, etc... no carpet or leather anywhere), APC racing seats (2 in front, 2 in back), 5 point racing harnesses, short shifter, 18" Racing Hart Wheels, ONE 15inch Orion Sub with a 800 Watt Orion Amp, 10 disc CD/DVD changer, 7inch motorized in-dash monitor with PlayStation2, and navigation, and a ton of other mods. I built it mainly for a race-look daily driver, that could also be a show car. Anyways, I have over $60,000 into it. Not that hard to do when your 20 and have the money to play with. So, one weekend my Father and I drive our cars to New Jersey to Englishtown for a show. Theyhad drag aces, so I entered. There were no classes or groups. It was pretty much a free for all. You could race anyone. I beat a TON of cars, even a Suzuki GSXR Hyabusa 1300 bike. I did lose to an old guy in a modified Dodge Viper,and another guy in a "OUTLAW" class Saleen mustang. Well, I wanted to beat that Mustang, so we got ready to race again. The lights turned green and to my surprise, I pulled ahead... Next thing I know, WHAM! I get hit in the side at around 80 MPH and drilled into the wall. Both cars are totalled. I guess, the guy gave me a headstart at te lights and when he launched, his steering column broke or something like that. Well, here's the big problem: the track is not responsible cuz I signed a waiver, and the insurance companies won't pay for damages because we were racing, which VOIDS our policies. Talk abou taking it up the tailpipe, huh? Well, it's 5 months later now, and I bought another Supra. 1993.5 Twin Turbo Targa. It's in the process of being "madeover", and the other Supra is slowly being parted out. So, just wanted to let you know that a small rebuild is not the end of the world! LOL.. :D

siberthugd
01-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Here she WAS!!!!

310Rduner
01-18-2003, 05:39 PM
hey if ya got that much money to be spending, post a pic of your bike, i wanna see how modified/ blinged out it is:D

siberthugd
01-18-2003, 09:44 PM
I don't have a blinged ou bike... I have a 250EX for 2 reasons...

1:Got it for Free... (girlfriend bought t for me for my b-day)

2:I am in a Stunt group, so the auto clutch is great for it... Use to ride my motorcycle in the group, but had a near-death experience that made me stop riding, I totalled my nice bike (R1) and my stunt bike was so beat that I gave it to another member in my group... it had no other value. I probably would have a bling bike, but my money is GONE. Put it in my old Supra, bought a "fast 50" (Honda XR50 done up, that isalso used in the stunt shows)put a down-payment on a house, down payment on 2 cars, and a diamond on my girls finger. How do you spell BROKE?

If I get one you'll be the first to see a pic of it...

CHAUNCY
01-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by sparks400ex101
you guys got it lucky, my friend josh(17) was riding a year or so ago during the summer after he had just got his new raptor within the month , well anyways he was riding along a man named ted arnolds dirt road, wich is about 3 miles long and are links to many trail, he was riding with some people (i decided not to go) but he went in on the dirtpath with friends , later on when ted say them go through there he went on his path and put a cable all the way acroos his path about the size of my pinky, well as the were commin back later on that night josh was in the front over everyone hittin about 60 and he didnt have enought time to see the wine, and it went through his torso and almost cut him in half, his entestines had fallen out, and he immediatly swelled up in his head he layed there, the called 911, and he was pronounced dead, and the man that put up the cable was on tv and wasnt charged for anything, they showed him on tv, and he didnt so much as have sorrow from what he has done to josh and his family in his voice, his family was devistated when i saw them at the wake, you may not think that story is strange but ill tell you whats strange about it, (both our names are josh) (we both ride the same trails) (we both are best friends) ( and he wrecked at the same spot about 10 ft away from where ive had my only near death experience(on my quad)):(

Pretty simalar thing hapened down the street from me.
This guy who didnt like quads put old junk in the middle of the trail right around a turn so you couldnt see it. Ya know, things like dryers and stuff. Well later he started puttin up wire. He would tie it from a post to a tre or somethin. Luckily no one got hurt. Then people started putting boards with nails upside down so that the nails would be sticking up. My bro got over 13 holes in his stock warrior tires. My dad just used the cheap plugs to patch em. It gets kinda crazy what people will do to stop riding. O ya then i went riding with my dad just for a quick ride with my new bike back in the oil fieldsand then this guy in a security truck comes up and starts yellin at me and my dad because someone broke some windows to trackters(SP) that were there for construction. And the guy was just blaming it on the people who ride quads and motorcycles. Around here alot of the people who ride horses hate the motorcycles because of noise. Last weekend about 6 kids and me along with 2 other parents were paintballing in my backyard. So 7 people total. Well this lady on a horse tells us to stop playing cuss her horse is scared and my neighbor was vacumming(SP) and the horse was scared of that. I mean she should tame her horse so she wont get hurt. I mean there are people that are awesome and let you pass em when they are riding but then there are people who try and make you stop a car for them and there horse to pass. :huh :huh:huh :huh

jb400exxx
01-19-2003, 09:29 PM
oh crap, that supra was sick!!! that sucks that it's totalled.

jaspurx
01-19-2003, 09:48 PM
well maybe my luck is not so bad! the worst i have had in a couple years was sprained wrists from jumping , running over my legs w/ rear tires ( 2 seperate occasions , darn slippy footpegs but left nice tiger-stripes ) before nerfs , and 1 t-bone from a banshee trying to catch me!!!!

siberthugd
01-19-2003, 10:25 PM
yeah, when the Supra was no more it kinda hurt me... I almost cried. Well, not really... I almost beat the SH*T out of the mustang guy. I was all in his face. He really was crying though. Made me smirk a bit! Anyways, my new Supra is still in pieces in my Garage doing nothing... I'm outta money and theres no point putting it back together right now. Too cold and too much snow here. The old car is pretty much stripped of it's useable parts. ONE of the turbos is still good... the other was literally CHOPPED in half. The chopped on is now in my livingroom on top of the TV as a momento... LOL... My new car runs and drives, I just need to put the old interior from the old car into it. Then I need to buy a new Turbo and a new intercooler. Should be done by March... HOPEFULLY

660bigdaddy
01-27-2003, 02:23 PM
lets see some pics of the crashed supra...

QuadTrix6
01-27-2003, 05:35 PM
get better quick bro, life goes on

Sparks425Ex
01-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Good Luck on teh Recov. I recently broke my collar bone while having a big air contest thing. i went upside down and never came back around. And anything that ya do up in that region(ie. Shoulder, Collar Bone, Arm, Neck) Hurt like a mofo.

You gotta get some pics of that car. It sounds sweet.

660bigdaddy
01-28-2003, 12:06 PM
come on. lets see some more pics of the supra that got wiped out by a mustang...

nuttynewt
01-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
come on. lets see some more pics of the supra that got wiped out by a mustang...

I'd like to see 'em, too. Sounds like you're lucky to walk away.

brokeitin3
01-28-2003, 02:46 PM
you are rich and can afford it, the price of being to cocky aint cheap is it????:D :D :D :D :D but i keep forgetting you got money, rules dont apply to you

660bigdaddy
02-03-2003, 12:40 PM
lets see some more pics. with a car that sweet i'm sure that's not the only picture you have of that killer supra.:huh

Stevie-D
02-03-2003, 07:38 PM
1:Got it for Free... (girlfriend bought t for me for my b-day)
you suck

kaneman23
02-03-2003, 09:06 PM
WTF? You wasted all that money on material objects? Why didn't you put into a trust fund or invest it?

Sportrax 400EX
02-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Total BS thats a pic of the Greddy Supra. I love how people always post pics of it all over the web saying it's theirs. LOL

jaspurx
02-24-2003, 04:17 PM
why would someone put that kind of money into a car? well lets see , with all the investment swindles that go on, there is no way to tell if your money will be there , or if it is someones early retirement fund.for that matter why would someone waste money on wall street or some other investment that can sooooo easily go down the tubes?my retirement went down the tubes because i had it invested and it all fell into the toilet!!!so why not enjoy the money while you have it. the joy of the memories of that car or quad or whatever you do with that money you could have invested will last a lifetime!!!!!!and when you buy a quad , you can share your good times with fellow riders and so you get to make memories that are worth so moch more than the pennies on the dollar you will get anywhere else!!!! i say you only live once , enjoy every minute you have!!!

2fastandfurious
02-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Man, that really sucks. My clutch just went on me. I have to drop the tranny and do that this weekend. Its gonna suck. You gotta do what you gotta do though right? Money is money. Get back up and stop crying, (LOL i dont mean to say that to you. Its jsut a track i run threw my mind all the time.,............)

YZROOSTINYA
02-26-2003, 06:56 AM
If this is your first dislocation your in for some bad news!!!!

I just dislocated my left shoulder for the third time a few months ago.

Your f-ed for the rest of your life or until you get surgury(which will put you out 2 months)

It is going to give you pain for at least another 1-2 months. that feeling of it about to fall off is normal, it goes away after a year dont worry. It will pop out vey easy from here on out, so watch what you do. the first 6 months it will prob come out while you are sleeping a few times so be prepared.

also you do not need the doctor anymore. when it comes out, just let go of all your mucles and pull down and out real hard and it will go back in. then make sure it moves in all the right directions, take a vicaden and a 6 pack of Bass.

i suggest you start lifting if you dont already. it makes a big diff on holding it in.

also it will pop out when you swim so be ready for that also.

Oh and Good Luck!!!

QuadTrix6
02-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Sportrax 400EX
Total BS thats a pic of the Greddy Supra. I love how people always post pics of it all over the web saying it's theirs. LOL

:confused2 :confused: :confused2 :confused: