PDA

View Full Version : Want A Banshee

2to4
09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Ok so i have a 300ex. i traded my kx85 to get it. iv been riding it and i realy feel like its not enough power. im used to my 85 and the 300ex just feels slow. i think a banshee would be perfect for me. i ride sand pits and rough powerlines. i want to get to some mx tracks too. my problem is iv only had the 300 for like a month and my dad says i cant get another quad already. i just want some more info on them especially because iv honestly never seen a 2t quad only dirtbikes. also can you convince my dad that if the quad is too slow i need a faster one haha. im only gonna be able to trade so the banshee would be in the $1500 range will they still be decent

extremeblastr
09-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by 2to4
Ok so i have a 300ex. i traded my kx85 to get it. iv been riding it and i realy feel like its not enough power. im used to my 85 and the 300ex just feels slow. i think a banshee would be perfect for me. i ride sand pits and rough powerlines. i want to get to some mx tracks too. my problem is iv only had the 300 for like a month and my dad says i cant get another quad already. i just want some more info on them especially because iv honestly never seen a 2t quad only dirtbikes. also can you convince my dad that if the quad is too slow i need a faster one haha. im only gonna be able to trade so the banshee would be in the $1500 range will they still be decent

nobody i have ever met is willing to trade a banshee for a 300. but for what its worth if your not having a good time on the 300 your not pushing it hard enough, save up and get yourself an exhaust and some new tires (i've seen pics of the tires you have i promise it will help lol) and learn to ride it properly and you will have plenty of fun.

Mxjunkie
09-25-2009, 05:28 PM
I've seen kids do biiig things on 300's.. just have fun riding it's not all about top speed! :D

Oh and from another banchit owner, if you ride hard it's going to eat you alive $$ wise lol They break a lot once you really push them ( riding wise not speed )

97blaster200
09-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I've seen kids do biiig things on 300's.. just have fun riding it's not all about top speed! :D

Oh and from another banchit owner, if you ride hard it's going to eat you alive $$ wise lol They break a lot once you really push them ( riding wise not speed ) \

i traded my 300ex for a 97 banshee......:devil:

usp4u
09-25-2009, 06:47 PM
unless you have the 300 on the rev limiter the entire time your riding it, you dont need anything else yet. be patient.

SRH
09-25-2009, 07:10 PM
i always thought it was funny to hear people complain there quad or bike was too slow, i actually had ore fun on 300ex's and stuff because i could use all the power vs a 450

matt14c
09-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Get a 330 kit and some suspension.

k4f5x0r
09-25-2009, 07:30 PM
hahaha. 300ex's are fun bike to ride. you cant stall them, theyre easy to whip around, and the power is usable and theyre reliable.

plus they dont tear the complete hell out of hillclimbs and other terrain like a 450 does.

something about them is just fun :p

09-25-2009, 07:36 PM
no i do not

SRH
09-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
no i do not

i feel a ban coming on

2to4
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
well i guess that about sums it up then scratch that idea lol

09-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Well first off, as a banshee owner that goes on other banshee forums, it would be a cold day in hell someone trades a banshee for a 450... nevermind a 300ex. There are those rare occasions like 97 had but VERY rare.

Second, what type of riding do you do? You said you like to hit tracks occasionally? Well the banshee chassis is old school, and takes a little bit of moolah to get it to perform well on an MX track.

For the type of riding I do the suspension is fine. Coalmines, some trails, and fields. But for MX, it'll be a rough ride without suspension.

The one thing about the shee is the power... what an addiction. I was always maxing out the 400ex at the coalmines, rev'ing the piss out of it. With the shee, you just grab some throttle and hang on.:D

extremeblastr
09-26-2009, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
The one thing about the shee is the power... what an addiction. I was always maxing out the 400ex at the coalmines, rev'ing the piss out of it. With the shee, you just grab some throttle and hang on.:D

how much did you spend to get the shee? i'll guarantee you i could've built you a wicked fun 400 motor with the money especially if you give me 2 days to do some weight reduction on the bike itself. we had a buddy who was dead set on racing his 400ex (he now rides a walsh/pep/sparks 450r lol) and we had it at the point where he was beating 450s in the holeshot and it was stock bore:devil:

09-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
how much did you spend to get the shee? i'll guarantee you i could've built you a wicked fun 400 motor with the money especially if you give me 2 days to do some weight reduction on the bike itself. we had a buddy who was dead set on racing his 400ex (he now rides a walsh/pep/sparks 450r lol) and we had it at the point where he was beating 450s in the holeshot and it was stock bore:devil:

Screw that, I ain't putting no money in a 4-choke. lol. I spent $500 for the banshee itself, $400 to rebuild it completely, and $300 on visuals. $1200 total. But I would be damned if I were to put that much money in the 400ex only to be on par with a bolt-on banshee. Hell if I spend $300 on porting I can blow away any 400ex out there.

I love my 4-stroke for trail riding, but other then that 2-strokes forever. It ain't fast without mixed gas, and I love the smell of two-stroke in the mornin':p

extremeblastr
09-26-2009, 09:01 AM
you two stroke whore lol

09-26-2009, 09:48 AM
you two stroke whore lol

lmfao. Banshees as most of yall know just dont do it for me. My friend has one and yeah its fast but everytime we drag its either even or he has a length on me when I was on the 400ex just a slip on exhaust and intake mods. He has full exhaust and intake mods along with a few other little things. I think it feels faster because the powerband kicks in. Like a turbo car feels faster than a naturally aspirated because its a sudden boost but both cars could run the same 1/4 mile time. Banshees do make a lot of power when modded though. Port work does wonders on them.

09-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
lmfao. Banshees as most of yall know just dont do it for me. My friend has one and yeah its fast but everytime we drag its either even or he has a length on me when I was on the 400ex just a slip on exhaust and intake mods. He has full exhaust and intake mods along with a few other little things. I think it feels faster because the powerband kicks in. Like a turbo car feels faster than a naturally aspirated because its a sudden boost but both cars could run the same 1/4 mile time. Banshees do make a lot of power when modded though. Port work does wonders on them.

Thank you so much for not dissing on them as usual, I actually really appreciate that.

All I can say as far as racing against a 400ex, is I own both. I ride with other 400ex's and banshee's. And if the banshee has some place to hook up, it's GONE. And for hillclimbing, the 400ex always starts to lag towards the top and drops out of power. The banshee, I can just tease the throttle and power my way all the way up.

But the 400ex is a great bike otherwise. I'm actually taking it to the coal mine tomorrow because we plan on doing a long day of trail riding. The power doesn't cut it next to the banshee, but it's enough to keep me happy out on the trails.

09-26-2009, 09:55 AM
you two stroke whore lol

It's the other way around, my banshee has my wallet held hostage:p

J.Brown121
09-26-2009, 10:00 AM
i love banshee's in the dunes or in strait lines, but i think they turn like crap. i would love to ride a widened one to see if it turns any better....

09-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
i love banshee's in the dunes or in strait lines, but i think they turn like crap. i would love to ride a widened one to see if it turns any better....

Ride a J-arm one:)

My dad has the a-arm 99, and I have a J-arm 89. I hate how wide my dads turns, it barely has any steering. My J-arm frame turns sharper then my 400ex lmao.

J.Brown121
09-26-2009, 12:03 PM
it's an 1987 man lol

09-26-2009, 12:21 PM
lmao.

Well, I don't know, mine turns really good and sharp. lol.

J.Brown121
09-26-2009, 12:59 PM
o well. i'll have one eventually just b/c they're so much fun in the dunes...prolly the one in the pic lol

bansheeboy321
09-26-2009, 01:55 PM
banshees are sweet quads, by far the funnest machine i have ever rode. Ride a ported, big bore piped banshee in 100+ acres with it geared real high (16/39) and itll bring tears to your eyes and smiles to your face :D

yellowzo3
09-26-2009, 05:03 PM
If I recall correctly, you were trying to decide between the blaster and 300ex right? Should have got the blaster man :( ...like everyone said, no one will trade their banshee for a 300ex... maybe you can trade for a 400ex if you throw in a few hundred on top of your 300... or if you got a blaster you could have done a 240 kit, or even a pipe, filter, jet it and it would have been faster. The 300 is fairly slow, a few people told you that as well lol, so try to trade for a blaster or something and you can fix that up for cheap as you get a few bucks.
I know I pushed for you to get a blaster as did DMC. It really is a great quad for the money and they're peppy little bikes. If you REALLY want a much faster quad like a banshee, don't rush trying to get one. You'll be unhappy with what you get like you are now. Save up through the winter, your dad may allow you to upgrade if you keep it for a few more months and improve your riding skills.

fastredrider44
09-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Well first off, as a banshee owner that goes on other banshee forums, it would be a cold day in hell someone trades a banshee for a 450... nevermind a 300ex. There are those rare occasions like 97 had but VERY rare.

I don't mean to dog on you, but you're a fool if you wouldn't trade a 450 for an 89 Banshee. Banshees have their place, in straight lines.

09-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I don't mean to dog on you, but you're a fool if you wouldn't trade a 450 for an 89 Banshee. Banshees have their place, in straight lines.

And I don't mean to dog on you, but you're a fool if you think for other people and assume everyone thinks the same...

I wouldn't trade my banshee for a 450 in the world. MAYBE a 525 but that wouldn't happen.
It's a love and addiction that a 450 will never replace. A 450 will never give me the thrill that the banshee does.

People who think the banshee is only for straight lines, suck at riding. No offense. I have absolutely NO problem with ALL types of riding. I ride mine in rough, rocky trails, hillclimbs, small tracks, straights, jumps, everything. And I can keep up with everyone I ride with that has a modern-day 4-stroke.

The day I trade my banshee, for a 450, is a cold day in hell. If I want a 450 that bad ill say bye-bye to the 400ex.

jesseweaver
09-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I can keep up with everyone I ride with that has a modern-day 4-stroke.

lets race :devil:

lol jk. i've never riden a banshee so i can't give too much input :ermm:

jesseweaver
09-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i always thought it was funny to hear people complain there quad or bike was too slow, i actually had ore fun on 300ex's and stuff because i could use all the power vs a 450

this is so true, i have much more fun on my pitbike than i do on my 250f lol

2to4
09-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
If I recall correctly, you were trying to decide between the blaster and 300ex right? Should have got the blaster man :( ...like everyone said, no one will trade their banshee for a 300ex... maybe you can trade for a 400ex if you throw in a few hundred on top of your 300... or if you got a blaster you could have done a 240 kit, or even a pipe, filter, jet it and it would have been faster. The 300 is fairly slow, a few people told you that as well lol, so try to trade for a blaster or something and you can fix that up for cheap as you get a few bucks.
I know I pushed for you to get a blaster as did DMC. It really is a great quad for the money and they're peppy little bikes. If you REALLY want a much faster quad like a banshee, don't rush trying to get one. You'll be unhappy with what you get like you are now. Save up through the winter, your dad may allow you to upgrade if you keep it for a few more months and improve your riding skills. the only reason i didnt get a blaster is size. i dont mean engine size because i can definatly respect it coming off a kx85. i went and sat on one and there is zero room to move around. i had less room than on my 85. the 300 isnt that much better but it was way more comfterable.

also for some reason no one wants to give me a job so i cant save up over the winter but im still working on it.

exrider12
09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Mike... your turning into me! Keep the 300ex for a little while.

And oh.. Im trading mine for a race ready 2005 on Sunday:D

2to4
09-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by matt14c
Get a 330 kit and some suspension. one problem $$$$$$ im basicly trying to figure out the best way to get a bigger/more powerful quad for the least ammount of money possible. im not on the rev limiter but when i lay the throttle on im just dissapointed in lack of power not so much speed but hey faster would be nice:D eghther its just my quad and its a mechanicle issue or im used to a two stroke i dont know but modding it is on the expensive side

2to4
09-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by exrider12
Mike... your turning into me! Keep the 300ex for a little while.

And oh.. Im trading mine for a race ready 2005 on Sunday:D and oh.......i hate you:D im just jealous

09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Just a little heads up...

For the first time in a year and a half, I took the 400ex out to the coalmines and left the banshee home. It was supposed to be pretty damn wet (which it was) and my banshee's electrical system is a little butchered so it doesn't like water.

Well... the 400ex is fun and all... but the trip was SO much less fun. I climbed some hills, and it looses steam towards the top. The one big one I couldn't even make it up so I had to get winched up, whereas my banshee flies right the hell up it teasing the throttle.

I get to the straightaways and nail it, and everytime I hit a wet/soft spot you feel the whole quad slow down and bog until it gets to dry ground again. My banshee rails right over it and throws a 20ft rooster...

And by the end of the day, I was just as beat up as when I take the banshee.

So long story short, the 400ex serves it's purpose in the trails, and I have fun toying around on it. But nothing replaces that 2-stroke power and rush..

fastredrider44
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM

People who think the banshee is only for straight lines, suck at riding. No offense. I have absolutely NO problem with ALL types of riding. I ride mine in rough, rocky trails, hillclimbs, small tracks, straights, jumps, everything. And I can keep up with everyone I ride with that has a modern-day 4-stroke.

Let's race, and yes, I have ridden several banshees. :devil:

09-28-2009, 04:22 AM
Let's race, and yes, I have ridden several banshees. :devil:

What's done to your motor? I don't race 450's with cams and crap. I only race mod for mod, lol, where they are pretty damn close.

extremeblastr
09-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Just a little heads up...

For the first time in a year and a half, I took the 400ex out to the coalmines and left the banshee home. It was supposed to be pretty damn wet (which it was) and my banshee's electrical system is a little butchered so it doesn't like water.

Well... the 400ex is fun and all... but the trip was SO much less fun. I climbed some hills, and it looses steam towards the top. The one big one I couldn't even make it up so I had to get winched up, whereas my banshee flies right the hell up it teasing the throttle.

I get to the straightaways and nail it, and everytime I hit a wet/soft spot you feel the whole quad slow down and bog until it gets to dry ground again. My banshee rails right over it and throws a 20ft rooster...

And by the end of the day, I was just as beat up as when I take the banshee.

So long story short, the 400ex serves it's purpose in the trails, and I have fun toying around on it. But nothing replaces that 2-stroke power and rush..

sounds to me like the only problem with your 400 is that you can't ride a 4stroke...

09-28-2009, 01:25 PM
sounds to me like the only problem with your 400 is that you can't ride a 4stroke...

And how is that?

If anything, I'm actually a better rider on a 4-stroke. But the hillclimb was really tall, wet, and loose and just started slowing down and spinning at the top.

I'm a heavy guy, lol, so the 400ex looses a little extra steam with me on it compared to lets say, my cousin whos around 130.

I have no problem riding/controlling the 400ex. It just doesn't have the power to do some of the riding I do. I may have made it up with the 400ex if the hill was more dry (it was raining all day) but the banshee was still flying right up it.

09-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh and by the way, I do like the 400ex more for jumping. There was a little table there that it did real nice on.

fastredrider44
09-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes, my 450 has a cam and crap. lol. And I'm not going to argue with anyone that Banshees are awesome at hill climbs and drag racing, but their downside is the handling and traction. They just aren't made for tracks and woods racing.

09-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Yes, my 450 has a cam and crap. lol. And I'm not going to argue with anyone that Banshees are awesome at hill climbs and drag racing, but their downside is the handling and traction. They just aren't made for tracks and woods racing.

lol well then it's a different story. Your bike is probably faster.

All im saying, is when you own one and ride it for a while, you get used to it and it really doesn't handle that bad. Just sucks in the trails lmao

extremeblastr
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
All im saying, is when you own one and ride it for a while, you get used to it and it really doesn't handle that bad.

what you meant to say is it doesn't seem to handle that bad. there is a reason why extremely few people race them and it has nothing to do with parts availablility or getting power out of the motors. i'll give the banshee its due respect as it can go straight better then any quad i've owned but goddam you act like you gave birth to it lol.

ben300
09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
but goddam you act like you gave birth to it lol.

hahah..he does doestn he...hahah

ben300
09-28-2009, 07:03 PM
DMC...do you have any mods done to your 400ex? could be you just need to let it breathe a little more

my old 400 that i used to have was pretty tame with out a pipe and cam, but once i added that...it woke up quite a bit...nothing like a 450 but it was a definite improvement...

09-29-2009, 04:26 AM
Maybe I did give birth to it....:devil:

Yeah I have a pipe/filter/timing key on the 400ex. It definitely made it much snappier, and responded really well. But it's still not a race machine by far.

Ryan
09-29-2009, 05:09 AM
I was very dissapointed with my 400. I bought it used. It had a 426. 10:8.1 compression, pipe, filter, hot cam 1, and not sure what else was done. It ended up being a 416 after 2 hours of ride time before the the sleeve shattered. But anyways, even with all of those mods, it still felt like a dog. The torque was great, but there was no hard hitting feeling, nothing remotely close to a 2-stroke. The power was so smooth, I felt like I wasn't going anywhere. Now the 450 on the other hand.... :D . Stock, it was ok, had that bit of a 2-stroke rev to it. After taking the baffle out, cam mod, air box lid off.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I could always use 50 extra horsepower when im in a field ;) , but the power and hard hitting feeling never seizes to amaze me, especially in the tight stuff. I never get done riding and say, "I really need more power to be faster." Gotta respect that.

But as the banshee owners say it.... Theres nothing like riding a banshee. Especially a worked one. I'll stand by that 100%.

fastredrider44
09-29-2009, 09:18 AM
what you meant to say is it doesn't seem to handle that bad. there is a reason why extremely few people race them and it has nothing to do with parts availablility or getting power out of the motors. i'll give the banshee its due respect as it can go straight better then any quad i've owned but goddam you act like you gave birth to it lol.

x2

09-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
I was very dissapointed with my 400. I bought it used. It had a 426. 10:8.1 compression, pipe, filter, hot cam 1, and not sure what else was done. It ended up being a 416 after 2 hours of ride time before the the sleeve shattered. But anyways, even with all of those mods, it still felt like a dog. The torque was great, but there was no hard hitting feeling, nothing remotely close to a 2-stroke. The power was so smooth, I felt like I wasn't going anywhere. Now the 450 on the other hand.... :D . Stock, it was ok, had that bit of a 2-stroke rev to it. After taking the baffle out, cam mod, air box lid off.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I could always use 50 extra horsepower when im in a field ;) , but the power and hard hitting feeling never seizes to amaze me, especially in the tight stuff. I never get done riding and say, "I really need more power to be faster." Gotta respect that.

But as the banshee owners say it.... Theres nothing like riding a banshee. Especially a worked one. I'll stand by that 100%.

Finally someone that sees where im coming from! The 400 is torquey but doesn't give that "excitement"

Whereas whenever I get off a banshee, I always have a smile on my face. It has that hard-hitting power that I crave.

extremeblastr
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Maybe I did give birth to it....:devil:

pics or ban:D

09-29-2009, 01:39 PM
pics or ban:D

Ummm... well.... you know...? I don't think anyone wants to see a quad coming out of my rectum:huh

:p

fastredrider44
09-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh good lord no! And as I have owned and ridden lots of 400ex's, you are correct, they don't have any hard hitting power. All I'm saying is to the guy that has a 300EX and wants to move to Banshee, it's probably not a good idea unless all he does is rides hills, fields and roads. If he want to woods ride and maybe on a track, the Banshee just isn't suited for that.

09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
For that type of riding I would have him look into a raptor 700 in the future. (Not now)

They can be found in the mid 3's for price and are torque monsters.

feuerstack411
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM
DMC, take your banshee to a proper track. Not this "small track(which means not a track) and jumps" bs. Take it to a REAL track, and ride. Then hop on any modern 450.
Come back with results.
kthxbye

powermadd400ex
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
yep
banshee + mx track = pain.

09-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
DMC, take your banshee to a proper track. Not this "small track(which means not a track) and jumps" bs. Take it to a REAL track, and ride. Then hop on any modern 450.
Come back with results.
kthxbye

LOL what are you starting now? We're finally all settled with no arguing then you jump in.

I can give two chits about a "real" track. That's not what I do. I'm perfectly content with my small little kickers and jumps. I don't feel the need to jump 100ft doubles.

For ME, and your AVERAGE RIDER, handling is turning really well, handling whoops/small jumps/bumps well, and carving turns fast.

Yeah, the 400 jumps better. But the banshee I can jump just as well. Just a little more unpredictable, LMAO.

09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Forgot to add in the obvious..

I RIDE COALMINES!!!

I never once said the banshee is better for MX.. not ONCE.

fastredrider44
09-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411

kthxbye

I'm not sure why but that combined with what you said made me crack up.

ben300
09-29-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure why but that combined with what you said made me crack up.

ya pretty funny