PDA

View Full Version : ipod/mp3 on your quad ??? Ever seen one of these ???

tri5ron
09-25-2009, 03:56 PM
First let me state that this is an idea that I've been thinking about for my wifes 250ex.
I have no intrest in putting this on My quad.

She is STRICTLY a putt-putt trail rider, that will never "graduate" beyond the performance capabilities of her TRX250EX.
(actually, She'd probably be better off on a fully automatic UTV)

The 250EX is all the quad she needs, and she has NO INTREST AT ALL, in doing wheelies, power slides, jumps, etc. She is quite happy being a putt-putt rider, and is not a "Adrenaline Junkie".
(heck, I don't think she has EVER had it in 4th gear ! ).

So, with that being said,...
I was wondering if anyone here has seen one of these, and if you have been able to listen to one ?

http://www.sportechinc.com/store/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemRef=1238&CategoryRef=854

I know it's a bit pricey, and not something that most of us here would want on our quads. But for her, it might be really cool, and I think she would enjoy it.
She uses her IPOD all the time when she's jogging, or driving her car, or hanging out somewhere.
Sometimes she goes for a quad ride by herself, just "Exploring". She rides slow, and just enjoys cruising around. This might be something that she would enjoy.

I am also considering doing something different, like mounting Handlebar speakers, (small 2" models),...
or making a similar rig out of something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camp-Mountain-Bike-Stereo-iPod-mp3-Sound-Speaker-System_W0QQitemZ170382126074QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOth er_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item27ab90ebfa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

or,...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Audio-System-AM-FM-Radio-MP3-Stereo-Speakers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em1 4QQhashZitem3a52bd5d75QQitemZ250496245109QQptZMoto rcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

keep in mind that she is on a BONE STOCK 250ex, (stock oem exhaust, quiet), and just cruises.

tell me what you think, or if you have seen other possible options that I have not listed here.

BTW-
I do not want to use helmet speakers for a couple of reasons.
1- We use 2 way radios when we ride together, and the speakers/mic are internally mounted in our helmets.
2- I do not what her music being "piped" directly into her helmet, and making it harder for her to hear oncoming "trail traffic".

thanks, and let me hear your Idea's on this.
Ron

hondaking52
09-25-2009, 05:51 PM
interesting idea ron, with a quiet bikes like hers you could probably hear it, first idea seems cool, bigger harleys and goldwings have radios, so quad's should work...

extremeblastr
09-25-2009, 05:59 PM
my suggestion is 4.5" marine audio speakers. i've been doing a lot of installs on the side lately and there is plenty of room to mount these on the handlebars. there are plenty of brands out there to choose from but the infinity 3 ways we put in my neighbors boat at the beginning of the summer seem to be holding up quite well and are plenty loud for what your looking for. basically what i'm saying is try stopping by your local car audio shop with the quad and tell them what your looking to do and if they're not aholes they'll build you a pretty trick setup on the cheap.

ATV Chic
09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
i like the first one the best thats kewl

SRH
09-25-2009, 07:17 PM
i didnt view your link but pro armor makes i pod holders and what not that mount on the bars