PDA

View Full Version : Today is D day for the pipe buy!

rhandw69
01-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Ok, today is D day for me. I need to order me a new exhauast system. Im undecided on 3 pipes. LRD, Yoshimura, and Hetrick. Ok now let me back track a bit on this. 5 months ago I was dead set on the curtis sparks pipe. However, i hear that out of all the ones i have mentioned,,it is way louder. Too loud is not a good thing. I do want power, something that will work well with my 416 and larger carb. Each pipe i find flaws. Like, i dont like the fact that the LRD spark Arrestor is a disc supertrapp style. I like the yoshimura screen type arrestor. I think i may be happier with the power of the lrd though. Then there is the HEtrick. Its just something different than the rest. It looks nice too. Now if someone could convince me that the sparks is not as loud as everyone says, than that may put a whole new twist in the matter. So i have till about 1pm pacific time to order, so all input is greatly appreciated.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-13-2003, 10:49 AM
The sparks pipe is no louder than the LRD. I run an X6 on my 440 and I have a customer that has the LRD on his 440 and I can say the Sparks is about the same sound . It is true though that the sound will change with engine work the more mods the louder it will be. I don't know about the hetricks I have never heard one, the yoshi is not a quiet pipe either. Even though you can put in the TEC quiet inserts they help some but you will lose power. let me know if you have anyother questions.

Colby at C&D Racing

Justin330ex
01-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Sparks isnt loud , it has some noice but not annoying get on your neighnors nerves noise , hetrick , ive heard them now they are obnoxious , go for sparks or lrd or even try out hmf

DESDAK4
01-13-2003, 11:03 AM
I have never heard a Sparks or LRD pipe but from what I have heard they are about the same as my Hetrick as far as sound goes. I will tell you my Hetrick pipe gave awsome power gains and is not obnoxious at all it is a nice deep sound but don't get me wrong it is loud as are all the pipes you are looking at. Plus if you talk to Casey and them nice you may get a deal as they are great people to deal with.

Jay
USAF

JhallettEX
01-13-2003, 04:50 PM
I will never run anything BUT a Sparks again. The best pipe out there, you will be very happy.

MX26
01-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Out of the 3 pipes you've listed I would probably either get the HMF of Yoshimura, but the Sparks X6 is a sweet sounding pipe.

If I may, I'd like to throw MBRP in the mix. They make very good products with a competitive price.

01-13-2003, 05:25 PM
I"d go with Hetricks..best bang for the buck I'd think..

Sparks425Ex
01-13-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Justin330ex
Sparks isnt loud , it has some noice but not annoying get on your neighnors nerves noise , hetrick , ive heard them now they are obnoxious , go for sparks or lrd or even try out hmf

Sparks adn TC are the loudest pipes out. There is nuttin that compare. I ride with A T4 and LRD and DMC and my X-6. My X-6 towers off them easily.

tants
01-13-2003, 06:15 PM
sparks