PDA

View Full Version : TC 505EX Update

ChadEXer
01-13-2003, 09:34 AM
For you guys who are wondering, the 505 should be done by next weekend. I started to put it back together this weekend and I tore up a needle bearing trying to get it in my new +5 swingarm so i am looking for another needle bearing to put in it now. if it wasnt for that I would have had it completely together this weekend! I have the side cases off to polish and I think Im going to give up!!! To much work and Im real lazy lately!!
What color do you guys think I should powdercoat the cases?? I could do them in red, black, or even that polished aluminum looking powder coat??? What do you think would look best?? Remember my frame is black,,,,,, my a-arms, swingarm, air scoops, air box, steering stem and all that other stuff is red(all with sparkles) I cant decide how I want to do it???

knighttime
01-13-2003, 09:36 AM
he'll figure it out 4 u

ChadEXer
01-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Seems like Pappy is getting pretty popular with his PC jobs!!! But I have a local guy here that does it dirt cheap for me!! Just cant decide which color would look best!!

Dave400ex
01-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Silvervein looks good. Duvall has that on his side cases.

tants
01-13-2003, 12:45 PM
chad make sure you get some pics when the beast is togather!

JhallettEX
01-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Tants, Are you sure?

Chad, dont bother posting them b/c we all know what they will look like and it will be a waste of time.:p

Ralph
01-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Tants
chad make sure you get some pics when the beast is togather!

can we have some drawings instead?

Rastus
01-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Black with Prizmatic would look cool.

killed300ex
01-13-2003, 05:26 PM
do it like chris waters 250r i think it was they were like anodized red they looked trick
killed

Rip_Tear
01-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey! I was looking forward to some sweet arse pics! Get to work! :D Not sure what color, I am not good with matching stuff, unless its the same color :p

01-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Lrd Mx400ex
can we have some drawings instead?

LMAO

as for the 505

Chef
01-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Polish the whole business chad....If you are waitin a while I can get you pics of my R motor in a month or so...it should be done by then.

gojk
01-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Whatever you do Chad, take the bike to someone with a decent camera. That way the cam will do the bike justice, cause it is gunna be sweet. I don't know how you have waited so long. My bike has been down for like 4 weeks know and I am so mad it has taken this long.

01-13-2003, 10:13 PM
C'mon man just put it back together and ride that damn thing, whats it been like three years in the making :) :blah Did you even remember why you wanted it in the first place LOL.

Just bustin but I think by this time you have to be itchin to ride it, and please please dont break it again or at least not right away cause you gonna make me cry if you send that motor off to Tom again :devil :blah

Do let us know what happens with drags etc.

ChadEXer
01-14-2003, 07:51 AM
Well, in Feb it will have been 1 year since this all started!! Thats a damned long time!! itchin to ride isnt the the word for it!! Well I decided to go ahead and coat the cases red with chrome sparkles, we'll see how it turns out. I should have it done for sure by this weekend, my local shop has the few little parts I need to finish, as long as i dont break nothing else it will be this weekend!!! then I will take pics with the 35mm Cam and scan them to see if that turns out better!! But you know i got to shoot some pics with the POS Digital until I get the film developed!!!