PDA

View Full Version : billet power exhaust tip

treadway47025
09-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Anyone seen or use the billet power tip that you see like on ebay for the stock exhaust? Would I see any gains with it and say a dyno jet kit, ehs/vent airbox lid and uni air filter? Not really wishing to spend money on an aftermarket exhaust pipe.

dariusld
09-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Waste of money unless going for looks.

dobber21
09-25-2009, 11:07 AM
i bought one and wished i woulda saved my money its a waste all it does is give it a little bit louder of a tone, but i didnt see any performance gain i would save ur money and buy like a lexx pipe or something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg look around on ebay and craigslist there are really good deals. another thing go to rummage sales my cousin found a full system white bros e-series pipe for his 300ex at a rummage sale for $35 it was in perfect condition.

treadway47025
09-25-2009, 12:38 PM
just thought opening up the stock exhaust and doing some jetting and airbox mods might give it a little more umph. Just doing jetting and a filter will give it a boost.

09-26-2009, 04:06 PM
DON'T BOTHER WITH THE EXHAUST TIP!!!!!

I can't count how many times people ask about this.. lol.

Modifying the tip, or buying the ebay one, does absolutely NOTHING. The internal chamber design does not allow for extra power, as the exhaust flows through different sections then into the little 4in section in the back. So it's already been fully restricted by then.

All removing the baffle does, is make it sound like an infant farting in a bathtub. Don't do it.

The ONLY way to get more power out of the stock exhaust, is remove the tip, and then drill a large hole in that wall towards the bottom. That will let more exhaust gases escape directly out the exhaust, instead of chambering through, but it will still sound like crap....

09-27-2009, 06:50 AM
idk why its called the power tip either. your power is made in the headpipe. the tip doesnt contribute to making power, it all depends on how your headpipe is bent how big it is ect ect.