PDA

View Full Version : cfm intake on ebay

gotboostido
09-25-2009, 09:59 AM
hey, anyone running one of these ebay intakes.. how doyou like it.

willy bill
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I bought one, It's alright It has somewhat of a lid. The filter is huge and mine doveloped a slight rattle from the engine when you gass it at low rpms. I bought the filter through K&N on their website. Don't know how well it does with a pipe as mine is all stock. Seemed to rev alittle higher with power instead of just noise.

MtnEX
09-25-2009, 07:15 PM
They say it produces less power gain than the Fuel Customs Intake and the Fuel ATV intake.

Not sure how it compares to the BCS Performance or K&N intakes... which look like copies of the Fuel Customs.

Anyways, one thing I like about the CFM is that it has a pretty nice box... one that you can manage to make an outerwears or EHS style lid for. Pretty good positive.

I have had in mind to mod the stock box...

Remove that dang screen cone, and then install some sort of filter adapter sealed to the box... then doing an outerwears type of lid.

I may be out in left field, but I'm thinking that screen cone may be as much of the flow issue as the tube.

However, right now I have more power than I can get to the ground even with GNCC's... And I have no fuel controller yet... so thought is suspended for right now....

gotboostido
09-25-2009, 07:46 PM
hey, thanks for the replys. i just get the fci intake. ive got the full yoshi rs2 comming and ill get the power programmer 3 also. from what i hear it will really wake the bike up. the problem is i came out of a 07 yfz450 se, and this bike is not nearly as fast. but i wanted reverse. from what i could find out is a stock yfz has 39hp and the kfx has 36. and the 3 mods should put me at 46hp maybe?

MtnEX
09-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes... I think you'll be really satisfied coming off a YFZ 450.... as I did the same.

I can't say too much bad about the YFZ.
Mine was just too much for woods on everything.
And the lack of reverse was a handicap.

Stock, the KFX is slower, but after some mods it's not.... and what's better is that the power is much quicker and more linear. Quick and explosive, yet usable delivery that the chassis can handle... not the less controllable hit of a built YFZ.

The KFX is more reliable too... but harder to work on, even with little buggy problems.

Have you hated on the high rear fenders of the KFX yet?
I sure did... kept bumping them in the transition of shifting my body weight for corners.

DEVINF450R
09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Us short ppl dont have that rear fender problem :D

MtnEX
09-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
Us short ppl dont have that rear fender problem :D

Yeah... lol...

I see you know "Andy".... great guy...

I wanted to ask you too, is there a such thing as a Monster Army "decal"?

I would like to have a couple... might look good on my fenders. Just wondering if they exist and how to get them if so?

DEVINF450R
10-01-2009, 03:32 AM
To be honest they have never sent me stickers, only free t shirts and free cases of Monster, I just switched to Kawi this past weekend so I am gonna push it a bit more to get stickers lol