PDA

View Full Version : Fox Shocks Question

tyyllleeeerrrrr
09-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Still doing my research before i buy a front end but cant seem to find stuff on the fox shox. just wondering since they are air shocks if they still get rebuilt and or adjusted to rider personalites?

probably a dumb question but i need some input. thanks in advance

duke416ex
09-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Yes, they still get rebuilt. They have internals just like a regular shock and can be revalved for different rider weights and styles. The difference is the air bladders take place of the springs and instead of having to change springs for different setups you change air pressure.

tyyllleeeerrrrr
09-25-2009, 01:13 PM
simple enough. well thanks

so is the cost about the same for all shocks to get rebuilt?
and
will you be able to tell when shocks need rebuilt or do most people get in the habit of every 10 months(or something)?

duke416ex
09-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Someone who races can probably tell. Just an average trail rider probably won't be able to. When you stretch the limit, they don't perform as well, will start to fade faster, and some internal parts may become clogged and not work properly. A lot of people will just do it every so often like you mentioned, maybe even a little longer or sooner depending on how much they ride. They do need to be serviced though to prevent wear on internal parts which can become expensive fast.

Fluid changes cost about the same at for all shocks, but can vary greatly from shop to shop. If internal parts need to be replaced, the cost can be higher depending on the shocks.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
We charge $120 to service the fox evol front shocks. We recommed servicing them once a year as with any shock.

tyyllleeeerrrrr
09-25-2009, 06:45 PM
cool, well thanks alot you guys