PDA

View Full Version : is this a good price for lonestar arms and elkas?

J.J.
09-24-2009, 10:59 PM
i've been lookin into upgrading my front suspension.. burgard arms are $450 and 450r shocks can run me from 150-200 and i would need to have the reworked so i'm looking at a decent amount by the time its all said and done.

i found this setup on ebay... its for the lonestar +2's, elkas with the piggy backs and extended brake lines.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-TRX400EX-LONESTAR-ELKA-SUSPENSION-KIT-TRX-400EX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ hashZitem45ecdebb59QQitemZ300326763353QQptZMotorsQ 5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i'd be lookin right around $1200 to my door setup specifically for me.. this seems like the better deal or am i wrong?

my riding style is just a weekend warrior. i ride mainly trails, but occasionally go to the dunes and am wanting to do a couple gncc type races just for the fun of it.. nothing serious

please help me make a decision.. i'm looking to do this in the next few days

J.J.
09-25-2009, 10:26 AM
anyone?

killer400ex
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
if i had the money id do it

KISSmyACE
09-25-2009, 08:39 PM
lonestar & elka, for sure.

J.Brown121
09-25-2009, 09:05 PM
i would go the cheaper route and spend the money elsewhere.

buster024
09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
In my opinion that is a bit steep for what you are getting. If you give it a little time, you can probably spend the same amount, and get twice the shock. Elka rec series shocks (although debated) is probably not a ton better than a revalved 450 shock. I was able to find long travel +1 Houser arms with quad rate long travel, elite series top of the line Elka's for $800 total. If you figure another $400 for revalving used shocks, you are spending the same amount, and getting twice the setup.

If you are wanting something brand new, this is a very high quality set up (especially the arms), but I think you can find better.

buster024
09-25-2009, 11:03 PM
i would go the cheaper route and spend the money elsewhere.

....and there is nothing better to spend your money on than suspension. Ask ANY rider on this site that has had quality suspension products, and they will all tell you to spend your dough on suspension.

J.J.
09-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by buster024
In my opinion that is a bit steep for what you are getting. If you give it a little time, you can probably spend the same amount, and get twice the shock. Elka rec series shocks (although debated) is probably not a ton better than a revalved 450 shock. I was able to find long travel +1 Houser arms with quad rate long travel, elite series top of the line Elka's for $800 total. If you figure another $400 for revalving used shocks, you are spending the same amount, and getting twice the setup.

If you are wanting something brand new, this is a very high quality set up (especially the arms), but I think you can find better.

oh trust me i have looked and am still looking currently.. if i dont find anything soon though i'm just going to jump on this deal.. i'd actually prefer brand new anyways as when something messes up or doesn't work right, i'm the only one to blame..

Wildbrain
09-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by KISSmyACE
lonestar & elka, for sure.

Ya. What he said.

J.Brown121
09-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by buster024
....and there is nothing better to spend your money on than suspension. Ask ANY rider on this site that has had quality suspension products, and they will all tell you to spend your dough on suspension.

good point, but for what he rides he most likely won't need the expensive elkas. if i went for expensive shocks they would not be elkas. jmo