PDA

View Full Version : diamond j widening kit & other parts

freundly
09-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Got a widening kit from Diamond J and a set of brand new 300ex hubs and a set of used 300ex spindles on ebay....
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/freundly4/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

WOLFPACK
09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
We didn't have very good luck with that kit. It didn't soak up the track very well, to much bump steer and pushed heavily in the turns.

We did a ton of mods to it at got it to work decently, but nothing like a good set of arms like people run at nationals.

freundly
09-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Wolfpack - Thanks for trashing the stuff I'm trying to sell.....really appreciate it!!
Besides....not everyone on here is racing "nationals", some of us just ride for fun & this kit actually worked very well to widen out a stock trx90 & we had no problems with it. Why don't keep your comments to your own posts from now on.....

swamp
09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
sounds like he bought a kit from you and didnt like the kit

y should he keep his comments to himself?

i have a stock honda 90 we could put the kit on and actually test the kit.. video and all. If the product is that good why not do it?

freundly
09-30-2009, 09:07 PM
All the kit does is widen the bike out. No need to 'test' it. I don't design the kits, they are made & sold by Diamond J. It was on my kids bike when I bought the bike. It worked very well for what it was designed to do....widen out a completely stock front end of a trx90. I now upgraded to a dual a-arm front end so I wanted to sell this kit.
I'm guessing if you were selling something on here & somebody got on your post & bagged on the item you're selling I doubt you would be happy about it either.

WOLFPACK
10-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I guess first of all i owe an apology, i read your post quickly, and it seemed to me that you were just proclaiming that you have this stuff, not that you were selling them.

So, out of concern i just wanted to give you my opinion.

You didn't mention anywhere in your ad "not for racing use". All these things i mentioned could get a child hurt. Wouldn't you want people to know that?

etondaddy
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Bottom line is that stuff is junk no matter what type of riding your going to do. Save your money and get the good stuff....your Kid will thank you. Wolfpack Racing are good people if you have a problem with him pm the dude.........

Mike Kozura

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/100_2889.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/100_2879.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/100_2893.jpg

WOLFPACK
10-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks Mike! I appreciate the good word! Yer alright yourself ya know :)!

etondaddy
10-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by freundly
not everyone on here is racing "nationals", some of us just ride for fun
No............... thank you :D racers stick together ;)

Mike Kozura

freundly
10-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Wolfpack, I kinda flew off the handle when I read your post just because I felt like you were just bagging on the stuff I was trying to sell. My appology to you as well....no hard feelings here.

But, that stuff is NOT junk. Is it race quality?? By no means. But for the recreational riders, it widens out the front end, making the kids bike much more stable than stock, which in turn makes it a safer machine for small riders.
Not all of us can afford $5000 for the "good stuff", and I happen to have several friends who run the same diamond j setup for recreational riding and love it. For a recreational rider that's on a budget, the diamond j stuff is a perfect fit.
If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free, but I'm done with this post.
Thanks

etondaddy
10-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by freundly
Wolfpack, I kinda flew off the handle when I read your post just because I felt like you were just bagging on the stuff I was trying to sell. My appology to you as well....no hard feelings here.

But, that stuff is NOT junk. Is it race quality?? By no means. But for the recreational riders, it widens out the front end, making the kids bike much more stable than stock, which in turn makes it a safer machine for small riders.
Not all of us can afford $5000 for the "good stuff", and I happen to have several friends who run the same diamond j setup for recreational riding and love it. For a recreational rider that's on a budget, the diamond j stuff is a perfect fit.
If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free, but I'm done with this post.
Thanks
Hey man I’m sorry to I didn’t mean to talk sh*t….I was in a mood that day and figured it would get you fired up. The bottom line is making it safe for the kids. Kyle’s thirteen and has been racing since he was six and I’ve always tried to make him as safe as possible. Believe me most of us that are racing and spending sick money on these things really can’t afford it neither. It looks like this quad is going to be parted out and there’s going to be a lot of good deals to be had. The ATV Foreplay suspension and Elka shocks have never been on the track. I can’t get him off the 300 now. I need all the money I can get for the 300 build. That’s the cool part about racing me and him have built all his race quads together.

MIke Kozura

miniquaddad90
10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Hey man I’m sorry to I didn’t mean to talk sh*t….I was in a mood that day and figured it would get you fired up. The bottom line is making it safe for the kids. Kyle’s thirteen and has been racing since he was six and I’ve always tried to make him as safe as possible. Believe me most of us that are racing and spending sick money on these things really can’t afford it neither. It looks like this quad is going to be parted out and there’s going to be a lot of good deals to be had. The ATV Foreplay suspension and Elka shocks have never been on the track. I can’t get him of the 300 now. I need all the money I can get for the 300 build. That’s the cool part about racing me and him have built all his race quads together.

MIke Kozura

Mike,
We've talked a few times over the past year. If you are going to part out Kyle's TRX90 please let me know when you are ready to do that. I am very interested in some of the parts. Shoot me a PM when youre ready.

Patrick

etondaddy
10-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
Mike,
We've talked a few times over the past year. If you are going to part out Kyle's TRX90 please let me know when you are ready to do that. I am very interested in some of the parts. Shoot me a PM when youre ready.

Patrick
I'll do that..........

Mike Kozura