PDA

View Full Version : You young kids are spoiled

01-13-2003, 06:23 AM
This was an email that came across my desk...I find it funny and true...enjoy...:blah

This is from a 30yr old.

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious
diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up; what with
walking twenty-five miles to school every morning uphill both ways through
year 'round blizzards carrying their younger siblings on their backs to
their one-room schoolhouse where they maintained a straight-A average
despite their full-time after-school job at the local textile mill where
they worked for 35 cents an hour just to help keep their family from
starving to death!
And I remember promising myself that when I grew up there was no way in ****
I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it
and how easy they've got it!
But....
Now that I've reached my thirties, I can't help but look around and notice
the youth of today.
You've got it so damn easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a
darned Utopia!
And I hate to say it but you kids today you don't even know how good you've
got it!
I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet--we wanted to know
something, we had to go to the library and look it up ourselves!
And there was no email! We had to actually write somebody a letter with a
pen!--
and then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the
mailbox
and it would take like a week to get there!
And there were no MP3s or Napsters! You wanted to steal music, you had to go
to the record store and shoplift it yourself!
Try sticking an LP Album under your jacket, buddy!
Or we had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ'd
usually talk over the beginning and screw it all up!
You want to hear about hardship?
We didn't have fancy stuff like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and
somebody else called they got a busy signal!
And we didn't have fancy Caller ID Boxes either! When the phone rang, you
had no idea who it was it could be your boss, your mom, a collections agent,
your
drug dealer, you didn't know!!! You just had to pick it up and take your
chances, mister!
And we didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation videogames with
high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like Space
Invaders" and "Asteroids" and the graphics sucked! Your guy was a little
square! You had to use your imagination! And there were no multiple levels
or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win, the
game just kept getting harder and faster until you died!
Just like LIFE!
When you went to the movie theater there no such thing as stadium seating!
All the seats were the same height! A tall guy sat in front of you, you were
screwed!
And sure, we had cable television, but back then that was only like 20
channels and there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book called
a TV Guide to find out what was on!
And there was no Cartoon Network! You could only get cartoons on Saturday
morning... ...D'ya hear what the **** I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK,
you spoiled little *******s!
That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy!
You're spoiled, I swear to God! You guys wouldn't last five minutes back in
the 80's!

wyndzer
01-13-2003, 06:32 AM
I'm 30 and I don't remember it being so tuff, but I guess it was. :blah Spoiled brats!

Mity Mo
01-13-2003, 06:32 AM
AMEN RICO. Bring back the 80's dude. Now I gotta go and watch my DVD of Valley Girl........HAHAHAHAHA ......Mo:blah ;)

Knight440
01-13-2003, 06:35 AM
So true!:blah

OutCast
01-13-2003, 06:40 AM
I'm 30 also, and I can remember all those hardships.. I didn't have cable tv and I used to get up at the Butcrack of dawn on saturdays to watch cartoons. Also there was no such thing as touch tone phones. Anyone ever tried to speed dial a rotary phone? He[[, kids now days have there own cell phones! hehe

Ryan
01-13-2003, 06:48 AM
Thats funny. My mom always tells me how everyone says it was so much harder back then but for her it wasn't. You guys also gotta remember about other things instead of 3D Graphics.
How many cars to you see out there today dragging down the street. Also the cars were so much better back then and the music was alright:blah . With all the stuff we have to worry about today I think it just about evens up. Have you ever went to school in this day in age :eek: Not so pleasant like my mom said hers was :o .

But most kids these days are spoiled.

Can't forget a few pieces of gum for a penny :p

TheX1992
01-13-2003, 06:48 AM
LMAO thats hilarious man. :macho

SGA
01-13-2003, 07:21 AM
Haha, so true... I remember going to my aunts house and watching her color TV. We had a black and white, No cable. Two stations. You had to go out and turn the antenna to pick up the other station. No VCR's, Cell phones, touchtone phones, etc back then.
Now is a great time to be alive. There are so many advances today. Medical Breakthroughs, space travel, instant communications. The future is bright:)

exriderdude
01-13-2003, 07:26 AM
:confused:

Pappy
01-13-2003, 07:30 AM
I REMEBER WATCHING THE FIRST VIDEO ON MTV:eek:

wyndzer
01-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Me too Pappy, I think I was about 10 or 11.

Pappy
01-13-2003, 08:04 AM
and our first vcr cost like $500:eek:

01-13-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
and our first vcr cost like $500:eek:

Yep,,,first video my family ever rented was Back To the Future part 1...that's funny stuff

knighttime
01-13-2003, 08:19 AM
I REMEBER WATCHING THE FIRST VIDEO ON MTV:eek:

What was it?

01-13-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
What was it?

I believe it was "Video killed the radio" :confused:

SGA
01-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Lawrence Welk, Gunsmoke, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, HeeHaw, The Muppets, The Gong Show, Sanford and Son, Chico and the man, Welcome back Cotter, Good times, Barney Miller, Fish, All in the family, The Carol Burnnet show, Gilligans Island, Scooby Doo, Puff in Stuff, The land before time, The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Show, Fat Albert, Thats all i can think of right now.
Did I miss some good ones? Pre 1985 Of course...

Pappy
01-13-2003, 08:28 AM
yep...video killed the radio star was the first ever video on mtv.

i think one of the biggest changes from when i was a kid is the cartoons. some of the new stuff just sucks:p

SGA......the old stuff rules!!! sanford and son and archie bunker......funny stuff:D 2 of the most racist shows ever....but in a funny way:D

love boat.....oh i had a crush on the blonde.....and charo....man she had a set:devil ----> ( . ) ( . ):eek:

chad400ex
01-13-2003, 08:31 AM
Don't forget Wilma Dearing on Buck Rogers.....oh yes....the tight white jumpsuit.:devil

nacs400ex
01-13-2003, 08:33 AM
yep all adults say oo you dont know how lucky you got it. BLAH BLAH BLAH when I was a kid. I dont care, cause its gunna be the same thing when I am an adult. I payed for my quad, and i pay for everything i get

SGA
01-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Man I had the biggest crush on Julie ( The Love Boat). Saw A rerun on tv the other night, She looks like a kid!!!
Oh yeah, who can forget Valerie Burtinelli on, what was that show? God I thought she was so fine.
I forgot about Wilma Dearing, she was fine too! Real fine. I never thought the name Wilma fit her though, makes me think of hair curlers, old slippers, and a moo moo.

knighttime
01-13-2003, 08:39 AM
The Dukes of Hazzard? :confused:

Pappy
01-13-2003, 08:42 AM
julie yeah ....whoohoo:p

and thats right....that chic on buck rogers was responsible for many a chubby:devil

daisy duke.....**** yeah!!!!

a -team......knight rider.....battlestar galactica.....dallas:huh damn ya'll bringin out some memories:p

OutCast
01-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Lawrence Welk, Gunsmoke, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, HeeHaw, The Muppets, The Gong Show, Sanford and Son, Chico and the man, Welcome back Cotter, Good times, Barney Miller, Fish, All in the family, The Carol Burnnet show, Gilligans Island, Scooby Doo, Puff in Stuff, The land before time. Thats all i can think of right now.

Dukes of Hazard, Starskey & Hutch, Rockford Files, The Fall Guy (Heather Thomas).

Pappy
01-13-2003, 08:44 AM
fall guy also= heather locklear:devil

and yeah valerie bertinelli......my fantasy chic from way back:rolleyes:

berretta.....barnet miller...miami vice....hogans heroes....

OutCast
01-13-2003, 08:46 AM
[B]fall guy also= heather locklear

Heather Locklear was on Chips, Heather Thomas was on Fall Guy!
Locklear was a hotty too... and still is.

Pappy
01-13-2003, 08:47 AM
dont matter...ive only met one ugly chic named heather:)

wings......the blonde chic on wings.....:eek: :blah <----that was me when she was on:devil

SGA
01-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Dont forget Charlies Angels!! Kate, Sabrina, and Jill. Caused many a boy to shut the door for awhile.

OutCast
01-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Maybe we didn't have it all that bad? hehe Thanks for all the memories everybody!

DEAL
01-13-2003, 08:50 AM
haha thanks to this post we know who the old guys are on this site ;) :devil

Pappy
01-13-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Dont forget Charlies Angels!!

oh my......the infamous poster of farah faucet:rolleyes:

them 3 chics could beat me up anytime:p

maybe we should have a vote.......ginger or mary anne:devil

01-13-2003, 08:52 AM
whats funny is in the 80's we looked at how people dressed in the 70's and thougt they looked like dorks...now if ya look back at the 80's,,i think people dressed worse in the 80's than the 70's..LMAO

Best thing about the 80's was prank calls..there was no caller ID or star69...

YOu youngins don't know how much nicer you have it now a days..

OutCast
01-13-2003, 08:52 AM
We're still young! We're still riding aren't we? He[[ my dad rides with me all the time and he tears it up like the best of us! 3rd to 5th gear all day in the dunes!

Pappy
01-13-2003, 08:57 AM
rico.....you ever get the phone book out and look up some oriental people? lmfao.......is wall there? no wall here.....

WELL WHAT THE **** IS HOLDING UP THE ROOF
:p

yeah .....the 80's dress code was terrible....parachute pants....bandanas.....

im just glad the sex was good then....:devil lmao....free love...muhahahahahaa:macho

knighttime
01-13-2003, 09:07 AM
maybe we should have a vote.......ginger or mary anne:devil

ill vote for mary anne :D

Pappy
01-13-2003, 09:16 AM
yep...mary anne here too:devil

hey...what about the normal chic on the munsters:cool:

i geuss i need to turn on nick at night and tv land now:rolleyes:

Steve-o 400EX
01-13-2003, 09:19 AM
We are spoiled in some ways, but not all of us. Technology advances have us spoiled, but i am not spoiled in any other way. I pay for all my own clothes, My nextel bill, my truck, insureance, my 400ex, an anything else i want. I also have two jobs, landscaping and Framing homes. But i hear of kids who's parents buy them all of this stuff and it agrivates me too. It is not a bad thing to have all of this stuff as long as you appreciate it and you work for it yourself.;)

RAGE
01-13-2003, 09:19 AM
OH...the 80's when sex suddenly became not so safe and music went right down the crapper..

M*A*S*H, 3's Company, Magnum P.I., Falcon Crest, Dynasty, Trapper John M.D., The Cosby Show, Night Court, Cheers, Family Ties, Who's the Boss? (Alyssa MMMMMM), Taxi, Happy Days.....

lil400exman
01-13-2003, 09:21 AM
i cant forget old saturday night live with eddy murphie and benny hill man i loved thawt show and it was on right before my church so you can imagine the old fat people sittin in front of me.............................................:D

Pappy
01-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by RAGE
OH...the 80's when sex suddenly became not so safe and music went right down the crapper..

sex was safe.....atleast when ya was messin with chics:devil :blah lmao!!! but towards the 90's the risk was real:mad:

80's music kicks *****...... ac/dc iron maiden dio def leppard

knighttime
01-13-2003, 09:35 AM
hey...what about the normal chic on the munsters:cool:

:

lmao, yeah she was hott :D

Knight440
01-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Hey guys some great flash backs :macho

QuadTrix6
01-13-2003, 10:31 AM
lol, i have not a clue about any of those shows alittle past my time, im only 20 lol

Pappy
01-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
lol, i have not a clue about any of those shows alittle past my time, im only 20 lol

ok now i feel old....thx:mad:

i watched archie bunker the other night......he was a wild one in the day!!!

check out some of these shows on tv land.....

HondaRancherES
01-13-2003, 10:42 AM
LOL. We don't have it that easy.......:)

01-13-2003, 11:54 AM
haha thanks to this post we know who the old guys are on this site :D :D what you all just ignored this one :)

whats funny is in the 80's we looked at how people dressed in the 70's and thougt they looked like dorks...now if ya look back at the 80's,,i think people dressed worse in the 80's than the 70's..LMAO So Rico does like polyester clothes and platform shoes :D :blah

Man I think you got that one backasswards or something.

Ever wonder how much simpler life would be if Fred Sanford and Archie Bunker had the final word on whats politically correct? :devil

What seriously scares the crap out of me is what this post would look like 30 years from now!!

Yea like when we were kids we didnt have those fancy micro chips implanted in our heads and had to think for ourselves, and or how we had to use plastic credit cards and had id cards that were very heavy to carry around.

Advancement is cool but big brother is coming to get you so be carefull.

Pappy
01-13-2003, 11:55 AM
big brother will get 2 in the chest:macho

Ryan
01-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Yep,,,first video my family ever rented was Back To the Future part 1...that's funny stuff

:p I was just watching that movie. The Back To The Future movies are my favorite. Did you know that Micheal J Fox has Parkensens (Sp?) Diease. :(

And speaking of how we have cell phones. I wish we didn't and I refuse to own one. (Anoyying other people in a resurant while someones on the 2 way radio :grr )

01-13-2003, 12:00 PM
big brother will get 2 in the chest hmmmm maybe we should talk :)

Pappy
01-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
hmmmm maybe we should talk :)

nothing to discuss.....i will die before i live under a controlling thumb.:o

phatswinn
01-13-2003, 12:13 PM
oh yea when i was a kid you lived with both parents until you were 12 then they split up so u could only see one 7% of the year (not that i care my moms a doutch anyway:D )

Nausty
01-13-2003, 12:25 PM
lol I dunno about you guys but i'm only 15 and when i look at pictures of me in the early nineties and late 80's it looks like something out of a history book. I mean the cars were ugly, no computers or internet really, brick cell phones, 12ft satilite dishes. lol I'm starting to feel old.

Ralph
01-13-2003, 12:57 PM
yeah, and now we get to wear fancy clother

They had to wear bell bottoms

tants
01-13-2003, 12:58 PM
I believe it was "Video killed the radio" :confused:

best song ever

lmao

Mity Mo
01-13-2003, 05:01 PM
I tell you what makes you feel old.... I was asked a couple of weeks ago to lecture a High School History class on Desert Storm. They were 4 when I was over there. The best part is the History books they had were a complete flat out lie. Some of the stuff they were blaming on Saddam when it was us blowing the stuff up. Anyway that made me feel old.

But the band I loved in the 80's was The Ramones!!!!

TC17
01-13-2003, 05:09 PM
when i tell my parents i have it hard i mean brian couldn't stay the whole week to record so i could get hundreds, i don't have enough $$$of mods on my quad, i want a new 6 foot high amp that takes up my side of the basement, i have homework, and i actually have to study which i don't anyway.

my mom always tells me i have it easy. my dad was forced to swim. he hated it. his dad pushed him so hard, my dad holds the fastest 300 meter dash record in PA!

Rico, you're exactly right! i am spoiled!

CowsBitePeople
01-13-2003, 05:27 PM
STOP COMPLAINING Rico every generation gets easier and easier!!

Ryan
01-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX
when i tell my parents i have it hard i mean brian couldn't stay the whole week to record so i could get hundreds, i don't have enough $$$of mods on my quad, i want a new 6 foot high amp that takes up my side of the basement, i have homework, and i actually have to study which i don't anyway.

my mom always tells me i have it easy. my dad was forced to swim. he hated it. his dad pushed him so hard, my dad holds the fastest 300 meter dash record in PA!

Rico, you're exactly right! i am spoiled!

You don't have it hard at all. You want money for your quad and ramps... In my family I have to worry about money and im not talking about quad parts. My parents are recently divorced and my mom had a $20 grand surgery from a car accident which she could have died. Its hard to afford the house and we almost lost it by being 3 morgage payments behind. I have to deal with most of it, all the fighting and complaining so I never bother to ask for anything. If I want something I do it on my own.

Rip_Tear
01-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Here the funny thing... I am only 18, I used to watch all the old shows you old guys used to watch :D Archy Bunker, all that kinda stuff, mash etc. I listen to a lot of the old music you used to... Cable I haven't seen cable since I was 7, and I didn't even used to watch it back then! Space invaders! What an awsome game, I used to play it all the time, on the Atari and arcade boxes! We have it easy... It takes a lot more money for me to fill my chain saw with gas, then it did for you to fill up your boat of a car!

As for up hill both ways, if you were that dumb... :p I love all the stuff you guys had! We may have nicer things, but your stuff is still so awsome! :D

raptakilla15
01-13-2003, 06:21 PM
darn spoiled kids, they have so much time they do this crap:grr

Knight440
01-13-2003, 06:26 PM

OMG wife had me get the whole DVD collection for Xmas I use to like it:rolleyes:

Steve-o 400EX
01-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by raptakilla15
darn spoiled kids, they have so much time they do this crap:grr

LOL! What the **** is that?:huh :D

Benficachop
01-13-2003, 07:21 PM
OH OKAY!i see gang up on the little people huh well im not going to take this.........................Im calling my mommy:D :D

Stevie-D
01-13-2003, 07:37 PM
man, sometimes i wish i lived back in the 70's-80's for ONE reason: the sweet arse cars! whens the last time you seen a GTO drive by your house? how bout an old firebird? weve got a '78 T-bird in our barn that we are going to restore one day soon. now weve got all of these dumbarse ricers who think that they are the best thing since sliced bread:mad:

Ryan
01-13-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Knight400EX
OMG wife had me get the whole DVD collection for Xmas I use to like it:rolleyes:

Mom got me the hole DVD collection for chrismas :). I started watching it at the age of 2. Ofcourse I didn't remember but thats what I heard. Its still my favorite movie!

TC17
01-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by WannaBaGoodBoy
man, sometimes i wish i lived back in the 70's-80's for ONE reason: the sweet arse cars! whens the last time you seen a GTO drive by your house? how bout an old firebird? weve got a '78 T-bird in our barn that we are going to restore one day soon. now weve got all of these dumbarse ricers who think that they are the best thing since sliced bread:mad:

yeah i know. Honda makes good cars but i seriously wish they WOULDN'T have made the Civic. then the chrome tip exhaust that you can hear from the other side of the world or your just hearing another one cause everyone thinks it's cool and it's NOT! i hate Civics. i want a POS truck that insurance is low and i can haul my quad in. that's all i care. my friend is rich and she is getting a Nissan ZX300(42g). she's 15.

Atreyu
01-13-2003, 07:54 PM
Well im 16 and I'd have to say it is pretty tough to live today but thats because I dont now what it was like in the other generations. So, we are not really spoiled..just dont know any better. But I bet if any one of us went to the 70's or 80's to live for a day everything today would seem much better, the food we eat, the TV we watch, and the quads we ride. And yeah there were some pretty sweet cars back then.

man, sometimes i wish i lived back in the 70's-80's for ONE reason: the sweet arse cars! whens the last time you seen a GTO drive by your house? how bout an old firebird? weve got a '78 T-bird in our barn that we are going to restore one day soon.

Hey look on the bright side...now you can be woken up everynight by a loud annoying ricer!!! Hooray!!:blah

kc 300EX
01-13-2003, 08:27 PM
I dunno if our generation is exactly easier......
Im a sophomore in high school, and I learn things that my parents never learned in school, I have to take state mandated Regents tests, wich I am the first class ever in the state of NY that it was mandated for. Niether of my parents went to college, and they have been able to make a living. I dont see how it is possible for anyone today to make a living without going to college. I dunno, how exactly is it easier? because we have more luxuries in our lives?

400MXer
01-13-2003, 08:49 PM
I think you old guys were spoiled...my dad have camaro z28's, GTO's, and a billion other muscle cars...i can't even come close to affording one of those now a days. You guys had Dukes of hazzard, A-Team, Chips, Nightrider, and the one show with the helecopter...something wolf..lol..show's now a days are junk. I still the dukes, and A team.....don't really see nightrider or chips on anymore.

And when you got in a fight....that was it...a fight....now if i get in a fight, three days later the kid is coming at me with a knife or gun. Or kids are just opening fire on schools.

and most importantly...I'm only 19 and if the cops ever catch me drinking, I'm screwed..MIP, or DUI if i'm driving. Back in your day..the police would just take your beer away. So i don't want to hear no damn complaining.

but i don't know what i would do without my cell phone........i'll give ya that much.....how did your hoes get ahold of ya...lol:D

01-13-2003, 09:04 PM
I dunno, how exactly is it easier? because we have more luxuries in our lives? You know thats a good point. Things are deff alot more complicated now than ever b4. I guess a lot of this is just problems that come with advancement.

Go talk to a person in their 70's to 90's that should remember growing up in 1920's to 1940's and I bet you not only hear about not having many things we take for granted now but a whole bunch more that are now gone forever.

I remember talking to older members of my family (most all no longer here) about how things were around those times and its amazing how "much less" was so "much more".

Imagine only driving 15 minutes west of NYC and being in the country, yes in what you now need to travel over 3 hours to get to now(centrel PA or upper NY). We go nuts looking for riding spots and only 50-60 yrs ago most of our neighborhoods werent even thought of. Guess there wasnt anyone calling the cops then.

Most of the NY tri state area supposedly was nothing but farms and little villages. All of the fruits and veggies were real and much of the meat you ate was fresh from local sources.

Then I guess that being able to support a family with one parent working even as laborer and having a mother to raise a child (as opposed to a village raising an idiot) was pretty cool too.

They also didnt have 1/16 of the stupid laws we do now. Ever wonder how many laws were created just to keep law enforcement and lawyers etc in a job. I wonder how many Judges and attorneys would be on welfare if there were no drugs, but thats silly its too profitable for the govt.

But things change and I guess we have to also, so now everyone has to work and kids are raised by their teacher and coaches and the net, Tech and automation (not to mention imports) has caused the loss of many factory and laborer type jobs so now there are so many "newer" industries like fast food, travel etc and college has become what high school used to be so that created a whole new industry and jobs etc. and cant forget the whole tech and computer industry.

Now that most families cannot afford a bunch of kids etc and there isnt a mom at home to raise them (most times) theres a lot of extra $$$ in some families to spoil em rotten. lol but most of the "real" things are gone forever.

Wow now that you think of it you could be spoiled with tech and material things but you are really seriously screwed.:eek:

beerock
01-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Dont' forget threes company and starski and hutch!

chrissy!!

mr roper!LOL

I remember going online with a apple IIgs back in like 1988 with a 2400baud modem going to dial up sites when only one person at a time could be on!:eek:

I definately have to say, being 27 years old. The kids got it easy. I wish I had cell phones, fast computers, napster, mp3 players and Plenty more.

I think its great for them but I wish i had it. :o but:cool: I got it now..:devil

better late then never..

Narly R
01-13-2003, 09:09 PM
You all can quit talkin smack!!! j/k I hear a lot of stories! Are they all true? Im 14. I know!!!! Those spoiled little kiddies!!!!!:p

Narly R
01-13-2003, 09:15 PM
HEY steve-o 400EX CHECK YOUR PM'S!!!!;)

kk03_250ex
01-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Looks like I'm an old timer (DOB '59) compared to most of you, I did ride around in new GTO's, Roadrunner's, Mustangs, Camero's, Firebirds, Javelin's and all those '60's and '70's "muscle cars", except then they weren't "muscle cars", they were just the only POS any of us could get! I remember when the gas shortages of the early '70's changed everyone's thoughts about those "gas guzzlin' lead sleds", that's when everybody started looking for a Datsun(Nissan), Honda or Toyota.

4punksdad
01-14-2003, 05:59 AM
my kids aren't spoiled rico :rolleyes:

01-14-2003, 06:17 AM
My kids WILL be spoiled in some way...heck i think my dog's got it better than some of my neighbors kids..:huh

Steve-o 400EX
01-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX
yeah i know. Honda makes good cars but i seriously wish they WOULDN'T have made the Civic. then the chrome tip exhaust that you can hear from the other side of the world or your just hearing another one cause everyone thinks it's cool and it's NOT! i hate Civics. i want a POS truck that insurance is low and i can haul my quad in. that's all i care. my friend is rich and she is getting a Nissan ZX300(42g). she's 15.

I agree, i hate civics. Its got a motor in it darn near smaller than my ex and they sound like crap. I got a truck, they rule no matter how beat they are!:macho

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
01-14-2003, 10:25 AM
opinions are like buttholes...everyone has gottem!and as for us having it so much easier...in some cases yes I do agree!but in others I disagree.......When you people used to get into fights with someone else you had to worry bout a knife AT THE MOST. now a dayz if you get into a little vocal argument about someone you might get a gun pulled out on you.. I'm not one of the ones who gets beat up actually I am quite popular but it doesn't matter if someone is getting in a fight or something like that there is ALWAYS a freind with them incase somethings goes wrong you pretty much have to have someone with you so you dont get killed.You older people also had the awesome cars.... I want a night 55 Checy bellair.... or I want my dads 1974 Chevy Cheyenne 454 with 400 Turbo...
We do have better technology but in this day in age everything seems over protcected..with all these new rules in the NFL you cant even lay a good hit on someone with out getting fine $25,000! it doesn't matter .... so what we have more TECHNOLOGY than you guys did....hte world is improving more and more everyday...we have to accept it and get over it... I think I am spolied....BUT my kids will be more spoiled than I am!

o yea PS-I am 14:p

Stevie-D
01-14-2003, 07:40 PM
hmmm. ive never been shot at before. i dont think so anyway:huh i got into a fight the other day and got punched in the cheek, and i bit through half of my cheak meet. ouch:rolleyes:
i did manage to give the other kid a bloody nose though:p

sandslinger101
01-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Well fellas this all very amusing:) i am 30sh plus a few years and a few more. from what i have seen from my interns at work, if you were born after 1981 they cannot function with out a cell phone, i am going to get one, one of these days i swear, and pappy , fond memories of my farra faucet poster toooooooo:D feel young, act young, be young and live can be good. have a nice day.

sandslinger101
01-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Well fellas this all very amusing:) i am 30sh plus a few years and a few more. from what i have seen from my interns at work, if you were born after 1981 they cannot function with out a cell phone, i am going to get one, one of these days i swear, and pappy , fond memories of my farra faucet poster toooooooo:D feel young, act young, be young and life can be good. have a nice day.

bmw500hp
01-14-2003, 09:19 PM
When I show the young dudes the pic of me in the college paper,,, young and strong...they just laugh at the ad beside the picture that says...Nike's on Sale $19.95... I still remember the sweet low sound of an Elsinore 250 in the 70's..

nacs400ex
01-14-2003, 09:21 PM
I was born in 1987, and its funny how i dont have a cell phone? Only one of my riding buddies has one, and thats if we get "stranded", lol wow stranded. You could just hop onto someones quad. Oh well, some people use the technology some people dont. I hate new age vehicles, I love my dads yellow 1957 chevy belair with a 327. Way better than these ricers. New age is Plastic LOL. Seen the new cars, they alll are like 40% plastic. Only new technology I like is Ps2 ( Atv offroad Furry 2), TV(to play Atv Off Road Furry 2) and The Computer, so I can come onto Exriders.com

K_Fulk
01-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Lawrence Welk, Gunsmoke, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, HeeHaw, The Muppets, The Gong Show, Sanford and Son, Chico and the man, Welcome back Cotter, Good times, Barney Miller, Fish, All in the family, The Carol Burnnet show, Gilligans Island, Scooby Doo, Puff in Stuff, The land before time, The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Show, Fat Albert, Thats all i can think of right now.

I was only 6 or 7 back then but i watched the dukes of hazzard, Knight rider and transformers after school