PDA

View Full Version : Building a Practice Track!!! How?

Foxrage
01-13-2003, 04:43 AM
I have plans for a dozer too come out to my house and build a track soon. I was just wondering how wide it should be to be able to pass. Whats the longest jump there should be. How can i set up a nice technical section to get ready for the races. Any hints or pics or anything to help would be great. Thanks

R-Crazy
01-13-2003, 11:52 AM
i am in school right now but when i get home i will try to remember to post a link to a site that is THE BEST for building a track. i will use it to buid my own track soon enough.

dave

trx400ex
01-13-2003, 04:46 PM
WWW.dirtwurx.com
www.racingsmarter.com
www.dirtbiking.com

Foxrage
01-14-2003, 04:09 AM
bump

lil400exman
01-15-2003, 10:46 AM
nice links you get a kookie............................

NTPRacing#19
01-15-2003, 12:13 PM
i built a track through the woods with an excavator and bulldoser. if you are plannin on building a track through the woods and have stumps everywhere. i hope your an experianced dozer operator or you may to end up keeping the dozer for a week.

If your track is in a feild or open area then your golden. I would think the dozer your gettin is prolly a D6. the track should be 2 and a half blade widths across for fun filled passing.

the jump size should be what ever your comfortable with and make one big jump that your not comfy with so you can work your way up and overcome a difficult obstical.

For technical sections put in whoops and doubles after doubles so you can learn rythem and timing. whoops and rythems will always keep you in shape.

it shouldnt take you longer than three days with just a dozer if you dont have any experiance. if you do have experiance i would think about a 8-10 hour day you will have it done and ready to ride

trx400ex
01-15-2003, 01:17 PM
And arent dozer rentals around half a grand a day?

NTPRacing#19
01-15-2003, 02:14 PM
i dunno how much they are to rent cause we got our own excavation company. i wouldnt think that high. i would think about 80 bucks an hour and then deliver and pick up. so depends on the company too.

Foxrage
01-15-2003, 02:26 PM
The place around here is about 500 for a weekend and 500 for deliveryand pickup. I am thinking that i may be able to get one for just the gas money. Im not sure but i have a little while to get one. Thanks for the help guys. Anyone have any pics? Thanks

exriderdude
01-15-2003, 06:10 PM
have you heard of Jason Rogers, he builds tracks, if you race cra or something his ad is in the paper.

have you been to www.pitracer.com
there is a track building section in the forums
you might get some help from www.ohioquadracing.com too;)

R-Crazy
01-16-2003, 11:50 AM
sorry for not posting the link, but i just had surgery, and the site went down, or if it didnt, i dont have the right address. sorry about not getting back, but it has been a pain in the ***** to get to the basement (where the computer is).

dave

QuadTrix6
01-16-2003, 12:52 PM
ne one build there track with just a shovel and some muscle ...:) thats the way it looks for me ..LMAO o well :o :macho :macho

Foxrage
01-16-2003, 12:56 PM
O believe me i know how it is with shouvels i have built a rythem section a couple douples and a woop section. Now its time for some heavy equipment.

lil400exman
01-17-2003, 01:43 PM
try to get a d4,5,or6 with a multi angle balde that makes banked turns easier and also you dont have to use as much fill;) order 4or 5 truck loads of gravel to put in high stress areas and get the dozer to run over it to get it packed down good the put a lil dirt over that it will have a good base that way..........also try and get a tracked backhoe or a tractor loader with the the arm on the back...................or just rent a bobcat that will take a lil more time but you can always make it just right.............................:cool:

MxDale71
01-17-2003, 01:58 PM
It takes FOREVER for me to build anything. I'm working on building 2 doubles and a whoop section, and maybe a double, double, double rythm section that I can try to work myself up to tripling through it twice. I dunno yet... I'm building the 2 doubles and whoop section for sure and when I'm done with those, I'll try to figure something else out. But all I have is a tractor w/ a box blade. I front end loader would be RRRREEEEAAAAAALLLLLLYYYY nice!

NTPRacing#19
01-20-2003, 04:40 PM
def dont get smaller than a d6. youll just be *****in around with it if you get smaller. heres a pic of parts of my track i built.

NTPRacing#19
01-20-2003, 04:42 PM
heres anothr of the 60 footer landing