PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 postponed

Scro
09-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Email that was sent this morning:

Mid-South Riders:

Well, I have bad news. For the first time in the history of the series, we must postpone a Round 1 event. With all the scheduling problems we have had this season, no one is less happy about this then myself. A great many people have worked very hard to be ready for the event originally scheduled for this weekend, but unfortunately, we must postpone the event.

For those of you not familiar with the Lakeview property, it is spilt in half by the Western Kentucky Parkway. While the property itself has received minimal rainfall as earlier reported, the surrounding areas have not been as lucky. The access to the other half of the property is via an underpass of the WKP. In addition to our trail, a creek also shares that underpass. The amounts of rainfall received in the other areas have caused this creek to rise at a rapid rate over the past day. As of this AM it was still rising. Ironically, the rest of the course is fine, perhaps the best it's ever been per the promoter. There is a 60% chance of precipitation through Saturday, so the landowner, who is very familiar with the creeks behavior, is fairly confident the underpass will be impassable today and through Sunday. There is not enough of the course on the close side of the WKP to put the race on.

So, nothing we can do about mother nature.

My preference would have been to move the race to where it was originally scheduled late summer, but the land owner has the property booked for a large hunting convention that weekend and is unable to move that event. So, we will postpone the event to the following Sunday, October 4th. Next week's long range forecast shows clear Sun-Thur, so hopefully the underpass will not be an issue then.

Again: Round 1 has been postponed and will be rescheduled to 10/4

For those that this causes a problem, my sincere apologies for the change.
Again, no one is less happy about it than myself. This has a substantial negative impact on my own family life, so I understand to pain of the change completely.

As always, watch the website for last minute changes and monitor this maillist.

Best,
Scott

harescrambles
09-24-2009, 06:06 PM
I was really looking forward to going, dang no beer for another week:ermm: :)

fastredrider44
09-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by harescrambles
I was really looking forward to going, dang no beer for another week:ermm: :)

:o