PDA

View Full Version : MX suspension... what would you use and WHY?

Derrick Adams
09-24-2009, 09:52 AM
If you could choose any MX suspension for your stock framed R, what would it be? Which shocks would you use? Which arms/ swinger, axle, etc..?

I'm curious what others think. I have a few favorites, what are yours?

thedeatons
09-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Ya know, I had brand new Ohlins set up for my weight (top of the line Ohlins too), and now I have these Axis set up for my weight.

The Axis are very near equal.

Then again this was on different quads, but just comparing the rides, landing long jumps, etc....

Ohlins is nice though because if you call them around November/December you can get their shocks half price (they don't want to pay tax on their inventory so they do closeouts). I got a full set of 3-way adjustable Ohlins for my wife's old Z400 for $1350 a couple years ago at their closeout sale.

James

Honda 250r 001
09-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Roll Design a arms +3, Elka quadrate shocks... 400ex spindles and bead lock wheels...

Rpm +4 rear axle, Lonestar racing swingarm 88 length elka dual rate shock and bead lock wheels.

Wanna250r
09-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
Roll Design a arms +3, Elka quadrate shocks... 400ex spindles and bead lock wheels...

Rpm +4 rear axle, Lonestar racing swingarm 88 length elka dual rate shock and bead lock wheels.

I got nearly the same setup :D

Front: Roll design +3+1 LT, Elka Quad rate LT Shocks, 400ex spindles and Hiper tech 3
Rear: Durablue +4 axle, Houser Swingarm +1, Elka Dual rate and Hiper Tech3

havinnoj
09-24-2009, 12:17 PM
I've never rode MX or hard conditions on a quad. From choppy/rough, whoops, and jumps the pro-trax is hands down the best I've rode on an R. I've rode numerous +2/+1's, Roll +3's and pretty much everything out there. Shocks make a huge adjustment, but theres nothing like the bars floating over every bump and the ability to turn with ease.. and that's due to the protrax.
The front end allowed me to dove the nose and cross the wheels going through whoops - in turn I was able to pull a higher gear through those sections... Hill racing through whoops was the same thing. If you got the cash, pro-trax and you won't look back!

Shocks setup specifically for you - Axis or PEP PB1's at the top of my list. Ohlins are great. Elkas can be good if you have a reputable builder set them up.

Honda 250r 001
09-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Wanna250r
I got nearly the same setup :D

Front: Roll design +3+1 LT, Elka Quad rate LT Shocks, 400ex spindles and Hiper tech 3
Rear: Durablue +4 axle, Houser Swingarm +1, Elka Dual rate and Hiper Tech3

you got pics of your front end set up?