PDA

View Full Version : one piece front plastics?

bigbad400
09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
does anyone make one piece plastics that have the black side pannels made with the front? does any of the plastic manufacturers make ex plastics with the original headlight mounts and like. i want it to look as close as it does now. i want headlights, but i want plastics that have all the tabs too, and my air shrouds dont have all 3 mounts cause of the way the guy before me cut the plastics.

F-16Guy
09-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Maier used to make a one piece front assembly with fenders and stock headlight mount. I don't know if they still do, but you might be able to find one still in stock somewhere. I hate those separate side panels, too. They always come unclipped from the main plastic.

katch26
09-24-2009, 12:08 PM
maier still makes them

ATV Maier $266.95

One-Piece Standard Front Fender with Fender Extensions
Product No. 11739
Honda TRX400EX Sportrax One-Piece Standard Front Fender with built in side panels. Fender extensions included.

This part fits:

Honda TRX400EX Sportrax 1999-2004

http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=101&makeid=10&modelid=173&modelyear=2003

bergoff
09-24-2009, 06:36 PM
dennis kirk has some. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=617721&store=Main&catId=&productId=p617721&leafCatId=&mmyId=1573

bigbad400
09-25-2009, 11:40 AM
thanks guys thats exactly what i was looking for. silver pink or carbon fiber is not my kool aid, but maier has yellow and black just like mine is now, but then again i could get the yellow side pannels too. but that defeats the purpose of one piece too. im gonna get the yellow one piece and a new gas tank cover in black.

i think it will look cool what about you guys?

ngates788
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Honda-TRX-400EX-FENDERS-PLASTICS-PLASTIC-TRX400EX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em1 4QQhashZitem5ad39c719fQQitemZ390097301919QQptZMoto rsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

MtnEX
09-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by bigbad400
thanks guys thats exactly what i was looking for. silver pink or carbon fiber is not my kool aid, but maier has yellow and black just like mine is now, but then again i could get the yellow side pannels too. but that defeats the purpose of one piece too. im gonna get the yellow one piece and a new gas tank cover in black.

i think it will look cool what about you guys?

Yeah, that will look real good if you have a black seat.

I've always thought a yellow and red EX would be nice. I might would go that route if I ever got new plastics, etc...

I HATE the EX side panels... don't like the dimples.... but I don't mind the multi-piece setup except for laying graphics.

I like the way the maier fenders are cut off on the bottom. I've been thinking if doing the same with mine a long time.

This brings me to that one thing I wonder about... does it have the lower mounting tabs?

bigbad400
09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
i wanted to know the same thing befor i click order now, the main reason for getting the new plastics is looks and i hate the airshrouds wobling around without the bottom mounts, the guy who had my quad befor me cut the fenders and i hate the way he did it, they look ok from the front but why get rid of the last mount, the plastics are flimsy now.

can anyone answer that for us?

does maier or anyone else's plastics have the bottom mounting tabs were the air shrouds clip to the plastics?

katch26
09-30-2009, 12:48 PM
the ad said it comes with all mounting hardware. Does anyone know what that actually means? does it include, or use, all new brackets? I asked the seller he just said all new hardware so not really helpful there.

bigbad400
10-01-2009, 09:45 AM
that prolly means plastic push clips. and seat latch. i cant tell if it will have the mounting tabs on the bottom for the air shrouds thow. thats most inportant right now.

katch26
10-01-2009, 10:22 AM
well here is the picture from dennis kirk which shows the hardware..not sure what goes where mines mostly zip ties right now
http://i35.tinypic.com/tak22u.jpg

bigbad400
10-01-2009, 10:31 AM
anybody with these one piece plastics have a side pic? i need to know if there is tabs for the air srouds to mount to the plastics like on the stock plastics.

MtnEX
10-01-2009, 12:47 PM
What the heck is those plastic pieces laying in front of the nose clip?

katch26
10-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I think those are the optional fenders that you can add on to the race cuts.

I just got an email from Maier
" no, we only provide what you need over and above the stock hardware. You will need you stock hardware, we don't have access to the stock hardware, if needed you will have to get it from your local Hoand dealer.
Have a great day!!
Laura"

F I was hoping to get off relatively cheap but looks like I have to buy all the stock hardware now too.

MtnEX
10-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Hummm....

What did they say about the mounting locations/tabs on their plastics.

I know the one you are talking about.
It's this one and I'm doubting it's on the Maier.
(plenty here have these and should say)

dustin_j
10-02-2009, 07:06 AM
My brother has the one-piece race cuts (no lights), and his doesn't have the shroud mounts you are speaking of. The Maier fenders are more stiff and are contoured to hold up the fenders without the shroud mount. Don't buy OEM mounting hardware, just go to a hardware store and get some bolts and washers. It's worked for my brother and I for the last few years. :)

katch26
10-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Id love to just go to the hardware store but its missing everything so I dont have anything to go off of. I also need all the brackets which is the big expense. The screws and stuff even coming from the manufacturer arent tooooo bad. Every nut bolt bracket and push pin runs about 60 bucks, 30-40 of it being the 2 brackets and 2 mounts

bigbad400
10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
im not worried about the plastics durrability im worried about my air shrouds being noisy and floppin around, they are strong but i ride hard sometimes and i hate noises/ rattles.

MtnEX
10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I found the person with the answer about the mounting tabs in this thread....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3726984#post3726984

Muddinguy
10-12-2009, 12:07 AM
yes those lower mounting holes are there.. the oem brace comes off the frame and then the bracket that comes with the maiers bolts to that and then the fender.. for some reason when i put my air scoops on i didnt run that bracket i just hooked that body into the scoop to brace the fenders.. but i dont remember why i did it