PDA

View Full Version : Cheap places to buy parts?

DOUG_LONGISLAND
09-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I need a new:

Top end kit(Piston, rings, clips, gaskets, etc.)

and

a camshaft

My mechanic wants me to try to stick with stock, OEM Honda.

I've been searching and I'm a bit short on cash. So if you could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

PS: Stock bore, 85mm piston

matt14c
09-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Check C&D the site sponser. Go to there forum and put up a post asking for a quote and they should get back to you tomorrow morning

Honda#4
09-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I have a stock cam for sale if you like, everything is still within spec and it comes with the decomp plunger and spring. $50 shipped

09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
ServiceHonda for OEM parts. Yamaha of Troy is pretty cheap on Honda parts too

matt14c
09-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Not sure why your mechanic wants oem parts. You can get aftermarket piston that is stock bore and probably alot cheaper.

DOUG_LONGISLAND
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
Check C&D the site sponser. Go to there forum and put up a post asking for a quote and they should get back to you tomorrow morning Eh, I'll think about it. My mechanic wants me to stay away from usedd..

DOUG_LONGISLAND
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
ServiceHonda for OEM parts. Yamaha of Troy is pretty cheap on Honda parts too Well for pistons he said honda or wesico.

You got any good links?

honda400ex2003
09-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by DOUG_LONGISLAND
Eh, I'll think about it. My mechanic wants me to stay away from usedd..

all of the stuff c and d sells is brand new along with everywhere else. ebay or used from the site from someone is the only time you will find used stuff. for oem service honda or bike bandit. aftermarket any other place. c and d, denniskirk, magic racing, rockymountain, honda of troy, ebay in general. if he is so worried about it he should be able to find the stock stuff he needs right off of the schematics and order it right from honda for the same prices you can get it for. plus he may get free shipping if he does a lot of business with them. good luck picking stuff from each. lol, it can be time consuming easily when you want to get the best deals. lol. steve

DOUG_LONGISLAND
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
all of the stuff c and d sells is brand new along with everywhere else. ebay or used from the site from someone is the only time you will find used stuff. for oem service honda or bike bandit. aftermarket any other place. c and d, denniskirk, magic racing, rockymountain, honda of troy, ebay in general. if he is so worried about it he should be able to find the stock stuff he needs right off of the schematics and order it right from honda for the same prices you can get it for. plus he may get free shipping if he does a lot of business with them. good luck picking stuff from each. lol, it can be time consuming easily when you want to get the best deals. lol. steve Thanks for the links.

Yeah its tough though, man. Tight for cash, but I really want to ride.I hope C&D has some good prices, I'd love to help them out

matts27
09-24-2009, 05:51 PM
I've had good luck with cheapcycleparts.com, always treated me well and had the best prices, that was for my bike, haven't needed much for the quad... knock on wood

rob_990
09-25-2009, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DOUG_LONGISLAND
[B]Well for pistons he said honda or wesico.

id recommend JE

sab24711
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
X2 ^^